V8TR4

Default Harbor Freight Catalogs -- So many!

I keep all my catalogs from HF and I like to leaf thru them to find which
catalog has the cheapest price on some item I suddenly have a need for. I
took my brother in law with me to HF last time and had 5 different catalogs
for the things we were buying. The sales girl looked at me for a moment and
the line behind groaned as one by one I had to show the ad as the manager
rang up the price change. I noticed that not one of them looked at the end
dates which I was adhereing to so well.

One day I was searching for a specific catalog and asked my wife if she had
thrown it away, she looked at me and laughed and said "with all the crap you
get in the mail I would never throw away the only thing you actually spend
time reading".

I even signed up and paid for their inside track catalog, something I would
normally not do.

Moral of this pointless story is:

The key to HF is buying out of the catalog with the lowest price.

PS: I noticed on last two catalogs I got they had no expiration date either.
Though they are great at hiding them all over the place. One expiration was
written along the bottom of one of the pages a few months ago.

wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 04:28:25 GMT, "Patrick"

wrote:

Hi All-
I was considering ordering some sale items from a harbor freight catalog,
when another harbor freight catalog showed up in my mailbox, with

completely
different sale items... does this newer catalog void the previous one?

This
seems to happen eveytime I consider buying something from them. How long

are
the sale prices good for?

No. Just use the item number of the one that's cheaper. I've seen the same

item for three
different prices in the SAME catalog. This is why it pays to have a

selection of these
sales catalogs.

David Coleman