mb

Default ISO Schematic for a control board for a HF33684

Hi all...

I recently picked up a 7x10 mini lathe (HF's 33684) that needs a
control board. HF wants $61 for a replacement, but armed with a
schematic, I may be able to troubleshoot and repair this one. There's
no visual clues to the problem (burned compunents, bad solder joints,
etc.) and quite a bit of SMD technology that's beyond my capabilities,
but I'd like to give it a try anyways! If you have such a schematic
and are willing to share it, please let me know here, or e-mail me at
mister.bill(at)starband.net I already have the wiring diagram that is
in the manual, but the board is represented by a white rectangle. I
need the schematic of the board itself!

Many thanks!

mb wrote:
Hi all...

I recently picked up a 7x10 mini lathe (HF's 33684) that needs a
control board. HF wants $61 for a replacement, but armed with a
schematic, I may be able to troubleshoot and repair this one. There's
no visual clues to the problem (burned compunents, bad solder joints,
etc.) and quite a bit of SMD technology that's beyond my capabilities,
but I'd like to give it a try anyways! If you have such a schematic
and are willing to share it, please let me know here, or e-mail me at
mister.bill(at)starband.net I already have the wiring diagram that is
in the manual, but the board is represented by a white rectangle. I
need the schematic of the board itself!

Many thanks!

been several iterations of the controller, some schematics have been
traced out and are available on their archives. It's usually the power
MOSFETs that pop, these are easily and cheaply replaced. Another
source for 7x related items is www.littlemachineshop.com. These guys
have all the parts available for the mini-lathe and mini-mill.

Stan

JR North

There are 7X10 board schematics and mods in the dropbox- don't have the
specific link.
JR
Dweller in the cellar
mb wrote:
Hi all...

I recently picked up a 7x10 mini lathe (HF's 33684) that needs a
control board. HF wants $61 for a replacement, but armed with a
schematic, I may be able to troubleshoot and repair this one. There's
no visual clues to the problem (burned compunents, bad solder joints,
etc.) and quite a bit of SMD technology that's beyond my capabilities,
but I'd like to give it a try anyways! If you have such a schematic
and are willing to share it, please let me know here, or e-mail me at
mister.bill(at)starband.net I already have the wiring diagram that is
in the manual, but the board is represented by a white rectangle. I
need the schematic of the board itself!

Many thanks!

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
JR North

Oops. Was thinking about the "2HP" treadmill motor board.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

mb wrote:

Hi all...

I recently picked up a 7x10 mini lathe (HF's 33684) that needs a
control board. HF wants $61 for a replacement, but armed with a
schematic, I may be able to troubleshoot and repair this one. There's
no visual clues to the problem (burned compunents, bad solder joints,
etc.) and quite a bit of SMD technology that's beyond my capabilities,
but I'd like to give it a try anyways! If you have such a schematic
and are willing to share it, please let me know here, or e-mail me at
mister.bill(at)starband.net I already have the wiring diagram that is
in the manual, but the board is represented by a white rectangle. I
need the schematic of the board itself!

Many thanks!

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Eric R Snow

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:25:00 -0700, JR North

Whats it called? I mean the file in the dropbox? I've looked back to
2002 for 2HP, treadmill, schematic, motor, control, and circuit. And
was unable to find anything about the 2HP treadmill board.
Eric

mb wrote:

Hi all...

I recently picked up a 7x10 mini lathe (HF's 33684) that needs a
control board. HF wants $61 for a replacement, but armed with a
schematic, I may be able to troubleshoot and repair this one. There's
no visual clues to the problem (burned compunents, bad solder joints,
etc.) and quite a bit of SMD technology that's beyond my capabilities,
but I'd like to give it a try anyways! If you have such a schematic
and are willing to share it, please let me know here, or e-mail me at
mister.bill(at)starband.net I already have the wiring diagram that is
in the manual, but the board is represented by a white rectangle. I
need the schematic of the board itself!

Many thanks!

Eric R Snow

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:25:00 -0700, JR North

Never Mind, The file is in the 1998 dropbox files. I had no idea that
I'd had that motor that long. It's about time I used it. And, the mods
had already been done by me. Probably back when I first got it in '98.
ERS

mb wrote:

Hi all...

I recently picked up a 7x10 mini lathe (HF's 33684) that needs a
control board. HF wants $61 for a replacement, but armed with a
schematic, I may be able to troubleshoot and repair this one. There's
no visual clues to the problem (burned compunents, bad solder joints,
etc.) and quite a bit of SMD technology that's beyond my capabilities,
but I'd like to give it a try anyways! If you have such a schematic
and are willing to share it, please let me know here, or e-mail me at
mister.bill(at)starband.net I already have the wiring diagram that is
in the manual, but the board is represented by a white rectangle. I
need the schematic of the board itself!

Many thanks!

Wayne Cook

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:03:25 -0700, Eric R Snow
wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:25:00 -0700, JR North

Never Mind, The file is in the 1998 dropbox files. I had no idea that
I'd had that motor that long. It's about time I used it. And, the mods
had already been done by me. Probably back when I first got it in '98.
ERS
wrote:

I started to say it was a lot longer than 3 years ago when I still
had the time to trace a board like that.

Bryant furnace/AC control board Choreboy Home Repair 5 June 29th 05 05:49 PM
Bryant furnace/AC control board Choreboy Electronics Repair 1 June 29th 05 06:12 AM
lennox furnace out of sequence, gas tripntx Home Repair 20 December 22nd 04 05:27 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Z80 control board / EPROM Programming Mr. Phil Electronics Repair 3 November 24th 03 12:40 PM