Choreboy

Default Bryant furnace/AC control board

Yesterday lightning made a mess of my roofing. It also damaged the
control board of my Bryant 383KAV.

The original board is a CES50110057. I had to replace several
components seven years ago. Without a schematic it was a hassle. Is a
schematic available?

Maybe it's time for a new board. I've found two places with
replacements for the original. The cheaper is $150 with shipping.

A third place has a CIB0110057 for $200 with shipping. It is a newer
design with diagnostic LEDs. That could be worthwhile but wouldn't help
much if I didn't have documentation to interpret the lights.

Which board should I get? Should I troubleshoot the one I have? Are
there good places to shop for boards online?
James Sweet

"Choreboy" wrote in message
Yesterday lightning made a mess of my roofing. It also damaged the
control board of my Bryant 383KAV.

The original board is a CES50110057. I had to replace several
components seven years ago. Without a schematic it was a hassle. Is a
schematic available?

Maybe it's time for a new board. I've found two places with
replacements for the original. The cheaper is $150 with shipping.

A third place has a CIB0110057 for $200 with shipping. It is a newer
design with diagnostic LEDs. That could be worthwhile but wouldn't help
much if I didn't have documentation to interpret the lights.

Which board should I get? Should I troubleshoot the one I have? Are
there good places to shop for boards online?

Keep an eye out on ebay, something might come up. There's not much on those
boards though, you could probably troubleshoot it without too much
difficulty.

HeatMan

"Choreboy" wrote in message
Yesterday lightning made a mess of my roofing. It also damaged the
control board of my Bryant 383KAV.

The original board is a CES50110057. I had to replace several
components seven years ago. Without a schematic it was a hassle. Is a
schematic available?

Maybe it's time for a new board. I've found two places with
replacements for the original. The cheaper is $150 with shipping.

A third place has a CIB0110057 for $200 with shipping. It is a newer
design with diagnostic LEDs. That could be worthwhile but wouldn't help
much if I didn't have documentation to interpret the lights.

Which board should I get? Should I troubleshoot the one I have? Are
there good places to shop for boards online?

And if it's not the board? How do you KNOW it's only the board (besides the
scorch marks)?

m Ransley

Home insurance covers lightning strikes. You dont know the extent of
total damage yet, call your broker. My last one took out 20000 in
electronics.

Choreboy

HeatMan wrote:

"Choreboy" wrote in message
Yesterday lightning made a mess of my roofing. It also damaged the
control board of my Bryant 383KAV.

The original board is a CES50110057. I had to replace several
components seven years ago. Without a schematic it was a hassle. Is a
schematic available?

Maybe it's time for a new board. I've found two places with
replacements for the original. The cheaper is $150 with shipping.

A third place has a CIB0110057 for $200 with shipping. It is a newer
design with diagnostic LEDs. That could be worthwhile but wouldn't help
much if I didn't have documentation to interpret the lights.

Which board should I get? Should I troubleshoot the one I have? Are
there good places to shop for boards online?

And if it's not the board? How do you KNOW it's only the board (besides the
scorch marks)?

That's a good question. The system was off at the time of the strike,
and the chimney is on the opposite side of the house from the air
conditioner and furnace, so I hope the motors weren't wrecked. I could
jumper the inside blower but wouldn't know how to activiate the outdoor
unit without the board.

The board isn't scorched even slightly. The 3-amp fuse was blown.
Rather than risk my last 3-amp, I tried a 5, and the 25-volt
transformer's noise indicated overloading. One diode on the board is
broken, but that wouldn't be the only problem.

Choreboy

m Ransley wrote:

Home insurance covers lightning strikes. You dont know the extent of
total damage yet, call your broker. My last one took out 20000 in
electronics.

Good advice. I hadn't already done it because I had assumed the damage
was fairly cheap.