Larry Capelis

Default Shop vacuums which one do YOU like???

I'm looking for a vacuum for the shop, I'm looking at a Milwaukee 8912
about $700
and the Hitachi Uh I forget model # for about $300 from Amazon, any good
ideas??
Any opinions on these 2???

Robin S.

We sell the Fein Turbo series of vacs at work. They are very powerful, very
quiet (you can actually talk to someone when you're both standing right
beside the machine). Not the cheapest machines, but if you have the
opertunity to mess around with them, you may like what you see.

Look for the orange tank with a black motor on the top. Fein vakua seien
gemacht in Deutschland.

Guten abend,

Robin

"Larry Capelis" L nowayspam wrote in message
I'm looking for a vacuum for the shop, I'm looking at a Milwaukee 8912
about $700
and the Hitachi Uh I forget model # for about $300 from Amazon, any good
ideas??
Any opinions on these 2???

MP Toolman

I have a Porter Cable shop vac that I like a lot. Quiet, powerful, activated
by power tool plugged into it (i.e. turn the sander on, vac comes on; Turn the
sander off, vac shuts off), good filter system. A lot nicer than my old Black
& Decker industrial model, but I can't offer a comparison with the Milwaukee or
Hitachi. I think Fine Woodworking did a shop vac comparison fairly recently.

Mill

I'm looking for a vacuum for the shop, I'm looking at a Milwaukee 8912
about $700
and the Hitachi Uh I forget model # for about $300 from Amazon, any good
ideas??
Any opinions on these 2???

Jeff Dantzler

I bought a WAP turbo 1000 used from Hertz rental in Bothell, WA for about $400.
It was a bit knackered, but still a good deal on a $1000 vac. It is a dream to use.
This one has a 17 gallon stainless cannister. It will suck anything I've tried
to suck up. Mostly swarf, sawdust, drywall dust, etc. Best of all, you can hold
a conversation while it's running.

The Alto SQ10 is made by the same company. It is also a great vac. I was going
to buy one, but they had this used 1000 for slightly cheaper, so I bought it.

Now I only need to figure out how to get the damn thing up on my roof to suck
up the pulverized mortar from a chimney demo...

JLD
Larry Capelis

Default Shop vacuums I think I'm gonna buy the FEIN thanks all

Thanks to all. I think I've settled on the FEIN, for cost (around $300) as
well as size (small), switched outlet (8amp), decibel reasons (57), plus
cfm120/water columnyou have all been VERY informative.
Now if I could get you all to work the phones for the PHONE companies!!!!

Subject: Shop vacuums which one do YOU like???
From: "Larry Capelis" Lnowayspam
Date: 8/27/2003 7:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time
I'm looking for a vacuum for the shop, I'm looking at a Milwaukee 8912
about $700
and the Hitachi Uh I forget model # for about $300 from Amazon, any good
ideas??
Any opinions on these 2???

We love our Hitachi....it does wet or dry and has stainless container that
doesn't rust....plus this one sucks, and for a vacuum that's what you
want....had it for two years now and use it most everyday for cleaning up
machine shop chips, and wood shop sawdust, even soil when setting concrete
forms.

Regards...Walt

Mike Henry

I've got a Fein and like it a lot more than the Sears shop-vac that it
replaced. It's quiet and powerfull enough for me and the hose and power
cord are both long which allows the working end to reach just about any of
the machines in my shop from one location.

"Robin S." wrote in message
.. .
We sell the Fein Turbo series of vacs at work. They are very powerful,

very
quiet (you can actually talk to someone when you're both standing right
beside the machine). Not the cheapest machines, but if you have the
opertunity to mess around with them, you may like what you see.

Look for the orange tank with a black motor on the top. Fein vakua seien
gemacht in Deutschland.

Guten abend,

Robin

"Larry Capelis" L nowayspam wrote in message
I'm looking for a vacuum for the shop, I'm looking at a Milwaukee 8912
about $700
and the Hitachi Uh I forget model # for about $300 from Amazon, any good
ideas??
Any opinions on these 2???

larry g

Gottum at work, and you can get parts to repair them. We use them in
process applications where they run 24 hr per day.
lg
no neat sig line

"Mike Henry" wrote in message
I've got a Fein and like it a lot more than the Sears shop-vac that it
replaced. It's quiet and powerfull enough for me and the hose and power
cord are both long which allows the working end to reach just about any of
the machines in my shop from one location.

"Robin S." wrote in message
.. .
We sell the Fein Turbo series of vacs at work. They are very powerful,

very
quiet (you can actually talk to someone when you're both standing right
beside the machine). Not the cheapest machines, but if you have the
opertunity to mess around with them, you may like what you see.

Look for the orange tank with a black motor on the top. Fein vakua seien
gemacht in Deutschland.

Guten abend,

Robin

"Larry Capelis" L nowayspam wrote in message
I'm looking for a vacuum for the shop, I'm looking at a Milwaukee 8912
about $700
and the Hitachi Uh I forget model # for about $300 from Amazon, any

good
ideas??
Any opinions on these 2???

jim rozen

In article , steamer says...

--IMO the best shop vac is the one that lives *outside* the shop,
with ducting in the ceiling, as in woodshops. No noise, no hassle. That,
and a broom and a good dustpan is all you really need. Make sure you
locate it on the downwind side of the shop and you can use it for fume
extraction, too.

Taco Bell anyone?

Jim

please reply to:

Shop Power keith bowers Metalworking 24 August 1st 03 06:18 AM
Wiring my new 220 stick welder in my shop Bruce Metalworking 8 July 20th 03 04:16 AM
Shop Colors Scheme and Lighting Mark Rand Metalworking 6 July 18th 03 01:23 AM