Ken Sterling

Default Zero-turn mower Caster Modification

Gang,
If you care to, take a look at a modification I did to a zero-turn
riding mower front end caster setup. The original (I think) was a bad
design and I couldn't think of an easy fix. Picture *have* been
renamed THIS time G and I decreased the size of the files for
faster downloading..... hope I did it all right.
Thanks for looking - and any and all comments appreciated.
Ken.
Find them at:
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/caster0.txt
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/caster1.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/caster2.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/caster3.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/caster4.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/caster5.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/caster6.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/caster7.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/caster8.jpg

Larry Jaques

On Thu, 26 May 2005 02:15:35 GMT, the inscrutable Ken Sterling (Ken
Sterling) spake:

Gang,
If you care to, take a look at a modification I did to a zero-turn
riding mower front end caster setup. The original (I think) was a bad
design and I couldn't think of an easy fix. Picture *have* been
renamed THIS time G and I decreased the size of the files for
faster downloading..... hope I did it all right.
Thanks for looking - and any and all comments appreciated.

Very nicely done. Some cleanup and paint prior to the last picture
would have done you service, though.

--
REMEMBER: First you pillage, then you burn.
---
Ken Sterling

On Thu, 26 May 2005 02:15:35 GMT, the inscrutable Ken Sterling (Ken
Sterling) spake:

Gang,
If you care to, take a look at a modification I did to a zero-turn
riding mower front end caster setup. The original (I think) was a bad
design and I couldn't think of an easy fix. Picture *have* been
renamed THIS time G and I decreased the size of the files for
faster downloading..... hope I did it all right.
Thanks for looking - and any and all comments appreciated.

Very nicely done. Some cleanup and paint prior to the last picture
would have done you service, though.

Point taken. I installed the casters, then took the picture, then
took the machine down into my "back 40" and beat it pretty good just
to make sure the design would hold up.... then finished the job, but
didn't take another picture. Sorry. Ken.

Find them at:
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/caster0.txt
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/caster1.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/caster2.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/caster3.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/caster4.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/caster5.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/caster6.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/caster7.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/caster8.jpg

--
REMEMBER: First you pillage, then you burn.
---
http://diversify.com Full Service Website Development

RoyJ

I need to do the same thing on my mower deck. Was planning to use a 1"
shaft riding in a pair of 1"IDx1-1/4" OD bronze bushings. I have some
clearance problems to deal with.

Lawmower fire m Ransley Home Repair 4 April 27th 05 04:09 AM
LVT Reel Mower and Garden Wagon JG Woodworking 22 May 27th 04 04:26 AM
Help: how to turn on a Boiler Kalimar UK diy 4 March 13th 04 12:04 PM
Very long musing about why we turn wood Arch Woodturning 10 October 28th 03 06:55 PM
Can't turn hot water stop tap! Snowman UK diy 18 October 6th 03 12:26 PM