lionslair at consolidated dot net

jim rozen wrote:
In article , RAM^3 says...

LBJ was no more a Conservative than was Mao Zedong.

Neither is GWB. He and his administration are spending
money they don't have, like the proverbial drunken
sailor. Oh for the days of the balanced federal budget.

Jim

The lies of the balanced federal budget - sure on paper. However,
Budgets of many departments - fisheries, forestry, ....... lost their
budgets to the spending president BUBA so he could still have fun.
Sadly, I watched it in action and re-action.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Gunner

On Tue, 24 May 2005 18:34:24 GMT, "RAM^3"
wrote:

Gunner wrote in
:

Most conservatives hold LBJ in contempt, both for his politics/agendas
and for his ****ing up the war in Vietnam, and killing so many good
men.

LBJ was no more a Conservative than was Mao Zedong.

As the protoge of both FDR and Sam Rayburn, LBJ was a radical liberal who
only masqueraded as a moderate.

All the "Social Programs" attributed to JFK were _dead_ until LBJ
"steamrollered" Congress into passing them "as a memorial to our beloved
President".

Big gold star.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Ed Huntress

"RAM^3" wrote in message

As to a "true" set of "balanced books", you'd have to go back to January,
1933, when FDR took office and the Democrats started to spend the country
out of "The Great Depression".

Yeah, true-blue conservatives (my father-in-law was one) really pine for the
'30s, when virtue was king and America was running on an even keel.

I think a lot of them wish we were still there. Everything that's happened
to our economy since then is, of course, a charade.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

"Rex B" wrote in message

So the definition of a Liberal is "Spendthrift"?
Isn't that pretty much what we've been saying all along?

Hmm...doesn't that make GWB the biggest liberal in American history?

--
Ed Huntress

jim rozen

In article , Ed Huntress says...

"Rex B" wrote in message

So the definition of a Liberal is "Spendthrift"?
Isn't that pretty much what we've been saying all along?

Hmm...doesn't that make GWB the biggest liberal in American history?

Ah, those old Tax&Spend republicans. Just can't get away
from them.

Jim

please reply to:

George Willer

Come on, Ed! We didn't just fall off the turnip truck. Can you think of
any area during the campaign John Kerry didn't plan to out-spend GWB if he
had the chance? His only topics during the campaign were how he would do
everything bigger and better and spend more! Even in areas where they
disagreed he still planned to stay the course, only do more
bigger/better/faster. You Liberals think we all have short memories...
even those of you who claim not to be Liberals.

George Willer

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
"Rex B" wrote in message

So the definition of a Liberal is "Spendthrift"?
Isn't that pretty much what we've been saying all along?

Hmm...doesn't that make GWB the biggest liberal in American history?

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

"George Willer" wrote in message
Come on, Ed! We didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

Thanks, George. Reading some of these posts, I have to be reminded of that
from time to time. g

Can you think of
any area during the campaign John Kerry didn't plan to out-spend GWB if he
had the chance?

Yeah. For example, there's no way he would have written a pharma benefit for
Medicare that allows the pharma companies to charge whatever they want for
drugs. Bush guaranteed Big Pharma a gravy train. Only Bush would do
something like that.

His only topics during the campaign were how he would do
everything bigger and better and spend more!

You must have been hearing only what you wanted to hear, George.

Even in areas where they
disagreed he still planned to stay the course, only do more
bigger/better/faster. You Liberals think we all have short memories...

First, I'm not a liberal. Second, the liberals probably are right about the
memories of right-wingers. Likewise, conservatives probably are right about
the memories of left-wingers. Both extremes tend to hear and remember what
they want to hear and remember.

That being said, the fact is that GWB is the biggest deficit spender in
American history. I saw a credible report (which I have not checked out, so
I won't make this claim myself) that this is true even if you subtract the
cost of the Iraq war and Homeland Security, comparing it with, say, WWII.

It would be worth checking out, but I'm not that interested in comparisons,
only the absolutes. To me, what counts most is the astronomical deficits,
regardless of what else is going on. They're an immoral burden on future
generations. They won't hurt you and me, most likely, but they'll leave a
wet blanket on the American economy that will last for decades.

--
Ed Huntress