Ed Huntress

"George Willer" wrote in message
Come on, Ed! We didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

Thanks, George. Reading some of these posts, I have to be reminded of that
from time to time. g

Can you think of
any area during the campaign John Kerry didn't plan to out-spend GWB if he
had the chance?

Yeah. For example, there's no way he would have written a pharma benefit for
Medicare that allows the pharma companies to charge whatever they want for
drugs. Bush guaranteed Big Pharma a gravy train. Only Bush would do
something like that.

His only topics during the campaign were how he would do
everything bigger and better and spend more!

You must have been hearing only what you wanted to hear, George.

Even in areas where they
disagreed he still planned to stay the course, only do more
bigger/better/faster. You Liberals think we all have short memories...

First, I'm not a liberal. Second, the liberals probably are right about the
memories of right-wingers. Likewise, conservatives probably are right about
the memories of left-wingers. Both extremes tend to hear and remember what
they want to hear and remember.

That being said, the fact is that GWB is the biggest deficit spender in
American history. I saw a credible report (which I have not checked out, so
I won't make this claim myself) that this is true even if you subtract the
cost of the Iraq war and Homeland Security, comparing it with, say, WWII.

It would be worth checking out, but I'm not that interested in comparisons,
only the absolutes. To me, what counts most is the astronomical deficits,
regardless of what else is going on. They're an immoral burden on future
generations. They won't hurt you and me, most likely, but they'll leave a
wet blanket on the American economy that will last for decades.

--
Ed Huntress