Clark Magnuson

Like Rock Hudson?

No, RH was a typical commie-fag-junkie actor with Holywood values.

Examples of an actors with work despite his anti-Holywood values would
be Clint Eastwood or John Wayne.

Ed Huntress

"Clark Magnuson" wrote in message

Like Rock Hudson?

No, RH was a typical commie-fag-junkie actor with Holywood values.

Examples of an actors with work despite his anti-Holywood values would
be Clint Eastwood or John Wayne.

I dunno, Clark. Clint is catching a lot of hell from the Christian Right for
seeming to support the idea of assisted suicide in "Million Dollar Baby."
And the Duke, of course, has gone the way of all flesh. You'll have to get
your anti-fag-junkie jollies from him on DVD from now on.

--
Ed Huntress

lionslair at consolidated dot net

Cliff wrote:

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 09:49:44 -0700, Stuart Grey
wrote:

Do
note how leftist today condemn the U.S. for the atomic bombing of Japan,
however.

Actually, it could have easily been mostly avoided.

Mountain tops would have worked about as well
as demonstrations, as would have the sea or bays.

It was overkill.

Blowing up a mountain or vaporizing a bay would spread the poison much farther.

There was talk about just fire bombing Mt. Fuji - melt the ice and flood the valleys.

That was rejected as Fuji is held in high respect. And may have been to much.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

PrecisionMachinisT

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
"Clark Magnuson" wrote in message

Like Rock Hudson?

No, RH was a typical commie-fag-junkie actor with Holywood values.

Examples of an actors with work despite his anti-Holywood values would
be Clint Eastwood or John Wayne.

I dunno, Clark. Clint is catching a lot of hell from the Christian Right

for
seeming to support the idea of assisted suicide in "Million Dollar Baby."
And the Duke, of course, has gone the way of all flesh. You'll have to get
your anti-fag-junkie jollies from him on DVD from now on.

There's always Ronald Ray-guns....surprised nobody has....oh well....

Nevermind....

Just what are we fighting for here anyways ???

http://www.countryjoe.com/col9.ram

--

SVL

Ed Huntress

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
"Clark Magnuson" wrote in message

Like Rock Hudson?

No, RH was a typical commie-fag-junkie actor with Holywood values.

Examples of an actors with work despite his anti-Holywood values would
be Clint Eastwood or John Wayne.

I dunno, Clark. Clint is catching a lot of hell from the Christian Right

for
seeming to support the idea of assisted suicide in "Million Dollar

Baby."
And the Duke, of course, has gone the way of all flesh. You'll have to

get
your anti-fag-junkie jollies from him on DVD from now on.

There's always Ronald Ray-guns....surprised nobody has....oh well....

Ronnie is every bit as good an actor today as he ever was.

Nevermind....

Just what are we fighting for here anyways ???

http://www.countryjoe.com/col9.ram

Don't ask me, I don't give a damn,
Next stop is Viet Nam...
Well, there ain't no time to wonder why,
Whoopie! We're all gonna die.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

wrote in message
On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 07:58:11 -0400, Cliff
wrote:

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 09:22:48 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

I would like to remind the people of what the
entertainers of 1943 were doing, (60 years ago).

Let me guess .. WW-II was going on? The neocons
& wingers were not in control with their endless lies?

Am I warm?

Polar. WWII was a democrat war. FDR & Truman.

Right. The Germans and Japanese had nothing to do with it. If there had been
a Republican in office, would he have promised not to fight, and begged the
Japanese not to invade California?

--
Ed Huntress

Clark Magnuson

Examples of an actors with work despite his anti-Holywood values would
be Clint Eastwood or John Wayne.

I dunno, Clark. Clint is catching a lot of hell from the Christian Right for
seeming to support the idea of assisted suicide in "Million Dollar Baby."
--
Ed Huntress

O'REILLY: And then it gets blown up into an issue film, the euthanasia.
Did that surprise you?

EASTWOOD: .... in the old days, it was everybody was talking about the
knee- jerk liberals. Now we have sort of the knee-jerk conservative
group that has ...
====================

He is, like me, a libertarian.

I am horrified at the raping and pillaging being done by the conquering
liberals now in control of the media, schools, and entertainment.

If we could just get the conservatives back on their feet and in balance
with liberals, I might side with the liberals again. But for now, the
liberals are cruel masters with their commie-fag-junkie-gun control-
anti family propaganda agenda.

If we all got issued a machine gun, the schools taught creationism, the
tax rate was 5% of GNP, and a jack booted federal thug entered each
house every night checking for porno, I might vote with liberals.

But what we have is the commie-fag-junkie revolutionaries in charge of
the information that children get.

As a libertarian, I must side with the conservatives until we get those
machine guns, and virginity is taught as a virtue in schools.

Ed Huntress

"Clark Magnuson" wrote in message
news

Examples of an actors with work despite his anti-Holywood values would
be Clint Eastwood or John Wayne.

I dunno, Clark. Clint is catching a lot of hell from the Christian Right

for
seeming to support the idea of assisted suicide in "Million Dollar

Baby."
--
Ed Huntress

O'REILLY: And then it gets blown up into an issue film, the euthanasia.
Did that surprise you?

EASTWOOD: .... in the old days, it was everybody was talking about the
knee- jerk liberals. Now we have sort of the knee-jerk conservative
group that has ...
====================

He is, like me, a libertarian.

Somehow I don't see the resemblance. Maybe I'd have to get to know him.

I am horrified at the raping and pillaging being done by the conquering
liberals now in control of the media, schools, and entertainment.

That was last century, Clark. The people who own the media now would make
Attila the Hun blanch with embarrassment. They're as money-grubbing,
monopoly-loving, and authoritarian as any conservative you'll meet.

If we could just get the conservatives back on their feet and in balance
with liberals, I might side with the liberals again. But for now, the
liberals are cruel masters with their commie-fag-junkie-gun control-
anti family propaganda agenda.

Whoa! Gun control slipped in there since we last spoke. Anti-family
propaganda, too.

I thought you were a libertarian? What's all this stuff about fags, junkies,
and anti-family? I thought libertarians were supposed to be sort of
live-and-let-live on those subjects, no?

If we all got issued a machine gun, the schools taught creationism, the
tax rate was 5% of GNP, and a jack booted federal thug entered each
house every night checking for porno, I might vote with liberals.

It's not clear whether you think these are good things or bad things. Since
you're a libertarian, one would guess that you hold a low opinion of
jack-booted federal thugs. So I'm assuming you think these are all bad
things, right? I certainly do.

But what we have is the commie-fag-junkie revolutionaries in charge of
the information that children get.

I gotta tell you, Clark, as a moderate Republican of long standing, if the
choice is between commie-fag-junkie revolutionaries on one hand, and
jack-booted thugs and teaching creationism on the other, I'm supporting the
junkie revolutionaries, or whatever.

As a libertarian, I must side with the conservatives until we get those
machine guns, and virginity is taught as a virtue in schools.

I think that virginity is taught as a virtue in schools. It's just that
nobody believes it, especially the kids.

However, you may be interested that there has been a very sharp decline in
teenage sex in recent years. I'm not sure what decade your TV is tuned to,
but it sounds to me like your tuner is stuck around 1984 or so.

--
Ed Huntress

PrecisionMachinisT

[...]

Gimme a war that's REALLY worth fighting for, and I will happily go myself
and fight it personally.......

This instead of sending someone else's son's.

--

SVL

Ed Huntress

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

There's always Ronald Ray-guns....surprised nobody has....oh well....

Ronnie is every bit as good an actor today as he ever was.

Nevermind....

Just what are we fighting for here anyways ???

http://www.countryjoe.com/col9.ram

Don't ask me, I don't give a damn,
Next stop is Viet Nam...
Well, there ain't no time to wonder why,
Whoopie! We're all gonna die.

Gimme a war that's REALLY worth fighting for, and I will happily go myself
and fight it personally.......

This instead of sending someone else's son's.

Yeah, we haven't seen one of those for a long while, maybe 60 years or so.
Oh, I think I'd count the little wars with the various pieces of the former
Yugoslavia. They probably were worth fighting, but it was the Western
Europeans who should have been fighting them, not us.

Unless you count the glorious conquest of Granada. . .

--
Ed Huntress

Clark Magnuson

I'm not sure what decade your TV is tuned to,
but it sounds to me like your tuner is stuck around 1984 or so.

--
Ed Huntress

1984, that was before the 1994 Assault weapons ban.
Before the liberals showed their evil side.

PrecisionMachinisT

[...]

Gets us back to 'square 1' is all.......

Who gives a flying rat's ass about dead Hollywood actor's service records
anyways...if anything, this is simply random data presented in a manner
meant to support an agenda...

Rightfully, it should be pre-supposed that some that are fighting now might
become famous actors on the silver screen...someday.

Still meaningless should it come to pass for those alive some 60 years from
now.

--

SVL

Clark Magnuson

Ed Huntress wrote:

I gotta tell you, Clark, as a moderate Republican of long standing, if the
choice is between commie-fag-junkie revolutionaries on one hand, and
jack-booted thugs and teaching creationism on the other, I'm supporting the
junkie revolutionaries, or whatever.

Fair enough trade, you take the heroin, homosexuals, and state owning
everything.

I will take a gun, a bible, and a big bank account.

Gunner

On Sun, 1 May 2005 21:10:22 -0700, "PrecisionMachinisT"
wrote:

Gimme a war that's REALLY worth fighting for, and I will happily go myself
and fight it personally.......

This instead of sending someone else's son's.

--

SVL

Its not all that much fun.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress wrote:

I gotta tell you, Clark, as a moderate Republican of long standing, if

the
choice is between commie-fag-junkie revolutionaries on one hand, and
jack-booted thugs and teaching creationism on the other, I'm supporting

the
junkie revolutionaries, or whatever.

Fair enough trade, you take the heroin, homosexuals, and state owning
everything.

I will take a gun, a bible, and a big bank account.

I think your jack-booted thugs have their eyes on your bank account. And
Rupert Murdoch wants to know what you think you're doing violating his
copyright on the bible. g

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

Unless you count the glorious conquest of Granada. . .

Gets us back to 'square 1' is all.......

Who gives a flying rat's ass about dead Hollywood actor's service records
anyways...if anything, this is simply random data presented in a manner
meant to support an agenda...

Ah, you have to get with the new program. There's so much data accessible to
every cyber-cowboy with a computer today that stocking up data-ammunition
and firing it across the Internet like bullets from a GE Minigun is becoming
a substitute for honest debate. Nobody thinks about the words, they just
listen to their sound.

Gunner is the prototype. He's actually an experimental bot, which the New
Media Owners are trying out to see if they can run these things on the
contents of dumpsters instead of electricity.

Rightfully, it should be pre-supposed that some that are fighting now

might
become famous actors on the silver screen...someday.

Yes, like Clark said, there's a niche in the movies for experienced killers.
Authenticity is big right now.

Still meaningless should it come to pass for those alive some 60 years

from
now.

Probably.

--
Ed Huntress

ff

Clark Magnuson wrote:

If Bruce promotes his film in France that does not make him a
commie-fag-junkie.

Bruce will be relieved to hear that, Clark. He was starting to wonder
what the fundie-neocons thought about him G
ff

Rightfully, it should be pre-supposed that some that are fighting now might
become famous actors on the silver screen...someday.

There will probably be some openings in the political arena as well. We
will always need veterans-- to run against draft dodgers (and lose.)

John Kerry and Bob Dole are two examples, just to show I'm non-partisan
on this topic.

Fred
PrecisionMachinisT

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

Unless you count the glorious conquest of Granada. . .

Gets us back to 'square 1' is all.......

Who gives a flying rat's ass about dead Hollywood actor's service

records
anyways...if anything, this is simply random data presented in a manner
meant to support an agenda...

Ah, you have to get with the new program. There's so much data accessible

every cyber-cowboy with a computer today that stocking up data-ammunition
and firing it across the Internet like bullets from a GE Minigun is

becoming
a substitute for honest debate. Nobody thinks about the words, they just
listen to their sound.

If it fits, then it is the gossipal truth....be damned it taint....no reason
to think or analyze it...just find more supporting "data"....a flood if
possible....

I'M ALWAYSES RIGHT !!!

Rightfully, it should be pre-supposed that some that are fighting now

might
become famous actors on the silver screen...someday.

Yes, like Clark said, there's a niche in the movies for experienced

killers.
Authenticity is big right now.

They haven't even returned yet, where is our heros from Grenada or
Panama--( lets write Viet Nam off entirely, for posterity's sake ......

They're mostly still keeping their ****ing pie traps shut....as it should
be....

What was it exactly they was fighting for???

Ya suppose many of em see themselves today as "heros" ???

Should they ???

Still meaningless should it come to pass for those alive some 60 years

from
now.

Probably.

So you admit that you can't predict the future, let alone prove any causal
relationship to events that havent even happened yet ???

===

Why...Ed, your a goddamned slacker......that Gunner fellow accurately can
predict, quite well in advance....events that havent even happened yet.....

Aww well...naww, nevermind--it' snot worth it.

Seeya, Ed--its been ice chattin with ya....

--

SVL

The Watcher

On Sun, 01 May 2005 18:56:24 -0700, Clark Magnuson
wrote:

Like Rock Hudson?

No, RH was a typical commie-fag-junkie actor with Holywood values.

Examples of an actors with work despite his anti-Holywood values would
be Clint Eastwood or John Wayne.

John Wayne, otherwise known as Marion Morrison?

The Watcher

On Sun, 1 May 2005 22:42:32 -0700, "PrecisionMachinisT"
wrote:

(snip)
They haven't even returned yet, where is our heros from Grenada or
Panama--( lets write Viet Nam off entirely, for posterity's sake ......

They're mostly still keeping their ****ing pie traps shut....as it should
be....

What was it exactly they was fighting for???

Ya suppose many of em see themselves today as "heros" ???

John Kerry seemed to, when it was convenient. :/

Should they ???

Nope, not him.
(snip)
The Watcher

On Sun, 01 May 2005 20:21:07 -0700, Clark Magnuson
wrote:

[...]

Yeah, especially the MEDICAL schools, eh?

(snip)
The Watcher

On Sun, 01 May 2005 20:21:07 -0700, Clark Magnuson
wrote:

(snip)
As a libertarian, I must side with the conservatives until we get those
machine guns, and virginity is taught as a virtue in schools.

Virginity as a virtue? Does that mean anybody who engages in sex is bad? Boy,
that's one sick ethical code you have there. :/
Gunner

wrote:

Ya suppose many of em see themselves today as "heros" ???

No vet from any war sees themselves as heros. Perhaps some Remington
Raiders do..but they dont count.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke
Gunner

wrote:

Like Rock Hudson?

No, RH was a typical commie-fag-junkie actor with Holywood values.

Examples of an actors with work despite his anti-Holywood values would
be Clint Eastwood or John Wayne.

John Wayne, otherwise known as Marion Morrison?

Ayup. And your point being?

gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Cliff

On Sun, 01 May 2005 07:47:09 -0700, Stuart Grey
wrote:

John Horner wrote:
"Cliff" wrote in message

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 09:22:48 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Posted with no comment G

That's good as, IIRC, most of it is false as many of
us may well recall from the prior times that you have posted
the same thing (or very similar).

Wingers NEVER learn.

HTH
--
Cliff

Hmmm, I just checked the first three references and they seem to be
materially correct.

John

The section on Audie Murphy was a bit off. Murphy was a poor Texas farm
boy who's father had died and the decided to join the service in 1942,
shortly after the Peral Harbor attack and the declaration of war. He was
not, at the time, a Movie star. He became a movie star after he returned
from WW II.

Murphy's actions in WW II were astounding. They were actually toned down
to make them more believable in the movie, "To Hell and Back".

But yes, many of the movie stars out there are of poor character.

Like I said, socialist APPROVED of WW II because it was the war to save
Stalin's ass, and to re-install the socialist & communist in France.
Hitler hated the socialist/communist. As noted by the House Un American
Activities Committee after the war, Hollywood, as well as our media,
schools, government, were infested with Soviet Agents and their useful
idiots (Useful idiots being Stalin's term for Democrats, basically...).
McCarthy, in the Senate, targeted Soviets in the government. FDR and
later Truman, kept and protected Soviet Agents within our government, an
act of high treason. The Soviets managed to propagandize and smear the
efforts to remove their agents, and got people to believe that there
were no Soviet agents in the media, the schools, and our government.

But the Vennona project provided conclusive evidence that McCarthy and
others were right. Now, ask yourself, if they were really there, and the
American people bought the Soviet propaganda that there were none, where
did they go if they were never gotten rid of?

Now you see why Hollywood, college campuses, and many parts of the
government are so left wing.

Actually, there's nothing wrong with Communism. OTOH You
probably don't even know what it is or how much of the current
US government's spending ARE Communism.
Proably half the world's population do well enough & are rapidly
doing better.
The problem seemed to be wingers grabbing power .....

BTW, Your rabid ranting stuff is long discredited. As is Nixon.

HTH
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Sun, 1 May 2005 22:59:33 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

I would like to remind the people of what the
entertainers of 1943 were doing, (60 years ago).

Let me guess .. WW-II was going on? The neocons
& wingers were not in control with their endless lies?

Am I warm?

Polar. WWII was a democrat war. FDR & Truman.

Right. The Germans and Japanese had nothing to do with it. If there had been
a Republican in office, would he have promised not to fight, and begged the
Japanese not to invade California?

One just has to love wingers.
They are so childlike & gullible.
--
Cliff
Cliff

wrote:

Do
note how leftist today condemn the U.S. for the atomic bombing of Japan,
however.

Actually, it could have easily been mostly avoided.

Mountain tops would have worked about as well
as demonstrations, as would have the sea or bays.

It was overkill.

Blowing up a mountain or vaporizing a bay would spread the poison much farther.

That was of how much concern?
And you are probably wrong in any case.

The pervailing winds blow to the East, over the ocean, right?
(Lots of ocean & bays on the East side of Japan BTW.)
And a mountain, being higher, would have had higher fallout to
begin with .... thus more time needed to settle. They are also
usually a bit more sparsely populated than major metro areas .....

There was talk about just fire bombing Mt. Fuji - melt the ice and flood the valleys.

Cites?
Would it have done that? I sort of doubt it.

That was rejected as Fuji is held in high respect. And may have been to much.

Lots of mountains in Japan. Many near the East coast I suspect.
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Sun, 01 May 2005 16:12:19 GMT, "carl mciver"
wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
.. .
SNIP

| I suppose I can simply
| hold Cliff up as an example, but I suspect a serious communist (rather
than
| a wannabe) will at least have some perspective to argue with.
|
| Found those "WMDs" yet?

I'm still waiting for some reasonable discussion from your direction,
but all I keep hearing is the same old thing. As a matter of fact, the
_exact_ same old thing. There's no point in using facts and logic with
folks like you, so we don't even bother trying to refute your arguments
anymore.

So NO "WMDs"?

If you could use your brain instead of letting "journalists" who publish
their crap on the web think for you, it might actually be enlightening.

Must be all those journalists saying "Where are the "WMDs"", eh?

I know that when you wake up in the morning you need to decide whether to stay
in bed or go **** (well, you could do both, but I'll give you some credit)
that is actually free will and independent thought, and the relief from
letting the drug residue drain from your body is a direct result of that
minute decision, and you still have the option to continue to think for
yourself for the rest of the day. Some of us have more experience at it
than others, noted merely by the nature of our responses.
I'm paraphrasing here, but someone once said "Better to keep your mouth
shut and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

You seem to have failed at that then.
Or can you produce:

A) "WMDs".
B) Saddam's Nukes.
C) Those terrorists in Iraq that were such a threat.
D) Assuming you CAN, any logical reason for this mess and
all the winger lies?

E) Failing that, you are supporting the murder of ~100,000+ in
Iraq alone.

F) Justify the torture.

Good luck.
I await your "WMDs".
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Sun, 01 May 2005 12:55:33 -0700, Clark Magnuson
wrote:

1) The conservatives have an advantage on the home turf of logic and
responsibility.

Claims of Nukes in Iraq.
Claims of WMDs in Iraq.
Claims of terrorists in Iraq.
Refusal to supply the requested proof to Afghanistan.
Claims of 15 minutes for Iraq to attack the US via rockets
withtheir WMDs.
Need one mention the deficits & pork fot special interests?
Or being despised in almost all the world?

Telling one lie afte another?

2) The liberals have an advantage on their home turf of emotion and
indulgence.

Like paying down the deficit & working within international law,
honoring international treaties & agreements, working with the
UN, being respected in the world, .......

Oops .. almost forgot poor little Monica ....

HTH
--
Cliff

Cliff

On Mon, 2 May 2005 00:16:43 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Unless you count the glorious conquest of Granada. . .

Let's not forget the absolutely horrible things that the US
& the neocons with their special interests have recently done
(and still are doing) in Haiti.
Or the current threats with Venezuela.
--
Cliff
Cliff

wrote:

They haven't even returned yet, where is our heros from Grenada or
Panama--( lets write Viet Nam off entirely, for posterity's sake ......

They're mostly still keeping their ****ing pie traps shut....as it should
be....

What was it exactly they was fighting for???

In Panama it seems like the CIA (under George Bush) was running
some drugs ........ and Manuel Noriega may have been about to spill
the beans .... so George Bush (now pres) decided .....
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Mon, 02 May 2005 07:13:06 GMT, (The Watcher)
wrote:

(snip)
They haven't even returned yet, where is our heros from Grenada or
Panama--( lets write Viet Nam off entirely, for posterity's sake ......

They're mostly still keeping their ****ing pie traps shut....as it should
be....

What was it exactly they was fighting for???

Ya suppose many of em see themselves today as "heros" ???

John Kerry seemed to, when it was convenient. :/

Quite so, in protesting an immoral war of Imperialism
based on winger lies.
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Sun, 01 May 2005 20:21:07 -0700, Clark Magnuson
wrote:

He is, like me, a libertarian.

To bad that the "Right-wingers from hell"
page seems to be long gone G.

It USED to be at http://www.rackjite.com/chapter9.htm

http://www.rackjite.com/ still exists though ..... with links
to such nice places as http://bushwatch.com/ and
"O'Reilly Sucks" http://www.oreilly-sucks.com/

HTH
--
Cliff
Cliff

On Sun, 01 May 2005 21:30:03 -0700, Clark Magnuson
wrote:

1984

"Orwell turns in his grave" .... anyone else see it?
--
Cliff

pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner
wrote back on Mon, 02 May 2005 07:21:18 GMT in
misc.survivalism :
wrote:

Ya suppose many of em see themselves today as "heros" ???

No vet from any war sees themselves as heros. Perhaps some Remington
Raiders do..but they dont count.

The running refrain seems to remain, I wasn't no hero, but I served
with some who were.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
"MTV may talk about lighting fires and killing children,
pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner
wrote back on Sat, 30 Apr 2005 09:22:48 GMT in
misc.survivalism :

David Niven was a Sandhurst graduate and Lt. Colonel of the British
Commandos in Normandy.

James Stewart Entered the Army Air Force as a private and worked his
way to the rank of Colonel. During World War II, Stewart served as
a bomber pilot, his service record crediting him with leading more than 20
missions over Germany, and taking part in hundreds of air strikes during his
tour of duty. Stewart earned the Air Medal, the Distinguished Flying Cross,
France's Croix de Guerre, and 7 Battle Stars during World War II.

Both of these men had lucrative careers in the movies _before_ the war,
put aside the Glamor to go into the service. Yeah, I'm sure there was a
certain amount of "You're so and so, The Movie Star!, and you're _here_?"
but it was their duty.
I like what Niven is reported to have said on the beach at Normandy.
Something to the effect of "Forward lads, you'll only have to do this once,
but I'll have to do this again with Douglas Fairbanks."

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
"MTV may talk about lighting fires and killing children,
but Janet Reno actually does something about it." --Spy Magazine
carl mciver

"Cliff" wrote in message
SNIP

| Actually, there's nothing wrong with Communism. OTOH You
| probably don't even know what it is or how much of the current
| US government's spending ARE Communism.
| Proably half the world's population do well enough & are rapidly
| doing better.
SNIP

| Cliff

Communism in its _purest_ form actually does work, but it requires a
strong uniting factor, such as nationalism (hence Hitler's rise to power) or
religion (monasteries and convents) but when you get large groups of diverse
people human nature eventually takes hold and overrides the precepts. Then
folks look to leaders, who prove that absolute power corrupts absolutely,
creating despotic socialism that has collapsed in the past and will
eventually again (not the kind that exists in an existing
democracy/republic.) George Orwell illustrated this point most dramatically
on more than one occasion before it happened in the real world on a grand
scale.

You will find, however, that countries under communists (socialists are
a slightly different breed) have not shown the system to work for extended
periods, and the list is too numerous to mention. The ones remaining aren't
really communist countries, they just say they are to hide the despots and
keep the French sending money. People of all stripes, given the
opportunity, prefer to have a choice in how their lives are determined,
hence democracy breaking out all over, even in some cultures some defeatists
insulted by saying it couldn't be done. The fact that this forum exists and
you have the opportunity to troll on is proof that democracy is a powerful
and attractive concept. Could the internet ever have been invented under
Chinese rule?
Now I do expect you to name the half of the world's population that is
doing will enough and rapidly "getting better" under either communism or
socialism. This I gotta hear!

carl mciver

"Cliff" wrote in message
SNIP

| | Found those "WMDs" yet?

| I'm still waiting for some reasonable discussion from your direction,
| but all I keep hearing is the same old thing. As a matter of fact, the
| _exact_ same old thing.
SNIP

| So NO "WMDs"?

SNIP

| Must be all those journalists saying "Where are the "WMDs"", eh?

SNIP

| I await your "WMDs".
| --
| Cliff

You just illustrated my point beautifully. Couldn't have done it
better. Thanks!

Part P the reality. Ed Sirett UK diy 87 March 4th 05 07:49 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
OT-John Kerry Gunner Metalworking 137 February 11th 04 07:38 PM
Initial fill of new Propane tank fact or fiction on purge needed Roy Metalworking 82 December 24th 03 08:24 PM