pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner
wrote back on Sat, 30 Apr 2005 09:22:48 GMT in
misc.survivalism :

David Niven was a Sandhurst graduate and Lt. Colonel of the British
Commandos in Normandy.

James Stewart Entered the Army Air Force as a private and worked his
way to the rank of Colonel. During World War II, Stewart served as
a bomber pilot, his service record crediting him with leading more than 20
missions over Germany, and taking part in hundreds of air strikes during his
tour of duty. Stewart earned the Air Medal, the Distinguished Flying Cross,
France's Croix de Guerre, and 7 Battle Stars during World War II.

Both of these men had lucrative careers in the movies _before_ the war,
put aside the Glamor to go into the service. Yeah, I'm sure there was a
certain amount of "You're so and so, The Movie Star!, and you're _here_?"
but it was their duty.
I like what Niven is reported to have said on the beach at Normandy.
Something to the effect of "Forward lads, you'll only have to do this once,
but I'll have to do this again with Douglas Fairbanks."

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
"MTV may talk about lighting fires and killing children,