James

Default Effective Air Oderizers ??

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good air freshner for the home? I
don't mean those little plug-ins, which are nearly worthless in my
experience.

Some time ago, I tried one of those battery operated units that use a
cannister to freshen the air every 1/2 hour or so (adjustable), but I found
they didn't last and were noisy at night.

I have also tried those small cans with wicks, that you set out around the
house, but I don't really like them. When you first put them out, they are
too powerful, and then they degrade quickly and require replacing too often.

I just thought some of you might have had good success with something that I
haven't heard of before.

Thanks for any tips !!

--James--

John Harlow

I just thought some of you might have had good success with something
that I haven't heard of before.

What stinks so much you need to use these things?

haklesup

The human mind learns to ignore things like strong smells once you get used
to it, perhaps you have desensitized yourself to air fresheners. ANything
with scent will need to be replenished often. Manufacturers depend on these
things to sell more air fresheners.

To save money try growing some aromatic herbs in your garden . Rosemary
grows fast and is very powerful for example

"James" wrote in message

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good air freshner for the home? I
don't mean those little plug-ins, which are nearly worthless in my
experience.

Some time ago, I tried one of those battery operated units that use a
cannister to freshen the air every 1/2 hour or so (adjustable), but I
found
they didn't last and were noisy at night.

I have also tried those small cans with wicks, that you set out around the
house, but I don't really like them. When you first put them out, they
are
too powerful, and then they degrade quickly and require replacing too
often.

I just thought some of you might have had good success with something that
haven't heard of before.

Thanks for any tips !!

--James--

Jamogod

My ole lady loves, and i think they hide smells quite well, scented oils,
you light a candle under them and it burns the oil on a glass platform on
the top. these things are awesome, and i definately recomend them to anyone
who wants to either conceal a smell or just pretty up the place. Let me what
you think
"James" wrote in message

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good air freshner for the home? I
don't mean those little plug-ins, which are nearly worthless in my
experience.

Some time ago, I tried one of those battery operated units that use a
cannister to freshen the air every 1/2 hour or so (adjustable), but I
found
they didn't last and were noisy at night.

I have also tried those small cans with wicks, that you set out around the
house, but I don't really like them. When you first put them out, they
are
too powerful, and then they degrade quickly and require replacing too
often.

I just thought some of you might have had good success with something that
haven't heard of before.

Thanks for any tips !!

--James--

Bonnie

I just bought a packet of that "volcanic rock" stuff. You put it in a return
vent and it's supposed to get rid of odor. It has no scent of it's own. I
figured when I bought it that it'd be $10 down the toilet but it appears to
be working. Maybe it's just a placebo effect.

Bonnie

"James" wrote in message

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good air freshner for the home? I
don't mean those little plug-ins, which are nearly worthless in my
experience.

Some time ago, I tried one of those battery operated units that use a
cannister to freshen the air every 1/2 hour or so (adjustable), but I

found
they didn't last and were noisy at night.

I have also tried those small cans with wicks, that you set out around the
house, but I don't really like them. When you first put them out, they

are
too powerful, and then they degrade quickly and require replacing too

often.

I just thought some of you might have had good success with something that

haven't heard of before.

Thanks for any tips !!

--James--

m Ransley

Open the windows and change your clothes

An open window does wonders.
TB

The Real Tom

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:50:54 -0500, "James"
wrote:

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good air freshner for the home? I
don't mean those little plug-ins, which are nearly worthless in my
experience.

Some time ago, I tried one of those battery operated units that use a
cannister to freshen the air every 1/2 hour or so (adjustable), but I found
they didn't last and were noisy at night.

I have also tried those small cans with wicks, that you set out around the
house, but I don't really like them. When you first put them out, they are
too powerful, and then they degrade quickly and require replacing too often.

I just thought some of you might have had good success with something that I
haven't heard of before.

Thanks for any tips !!

--James--

Oderizer? You want to stink up your house?

typos are so much fun

later,

tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com

John Harlow

haklesup wrote:
The human mind learns to ignore things like strong smells once you
get used to it, perhaps you have desensitized yourself to air
fresheners.

So true; I call this the "old lady" syndrome. I've been in close proximity
to old ladies whos perfume was so strong I almost puked, but I'm sure they
could hardly smell it anymore so they douse themselves in it.

The Real Tom

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:17:52 -0600, (m Ransley)
wrote:

Open the windows and change your clothes

Not a bath too.

OH MAN!!!!

effi

"James" wrote in message

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good air freshner for the home? I
don't mean those little plug-ins, which are nearly worthless in my
experience.

Some time ago, I tried one of those battery operated units that use a
cannister to freshen the air every 1/2 hour or so (adjustable), but I
found
they didn't last and were noisy at night.

I have also tried those small cans with wicks, that you set out around the
house, but I don't really like them. When you first put them out, they
are
too powerful, and then they degrade quickly and require replacing too
often.

I just thought some of you might have had good success with something that
haven't heard of before.

Thanks for any tips !!

--James--

good suggestions in this thread: open window; grow aromatic herbs

devices which put scents out only mask the odor, go to the source and stop
it there

a good electric hepa air filter unit should work if it persists (or central
air or heat unit)

Greg

"James" wrote in message
Does anyone have a recommendation on a good air freshner for the home? I
don't mean those little plug-ins, which are nearly worthless in my
experience.

Take those stanky sweat socks away from your central air return inlet and
you won't need those artificial stink concealers.

AutoTracer

a good electric hepa air filter unit should work if it persists (or
central
air or heat unit)

HEPA will get rid or dust but you need charcoal filter to get rid of most
smells. Many filters have both.

"effi" wrote in message

[...]

xxxx-xx

wrote:

[...]

Give me a 12 pak, a pot-o-chili, extra spicy, and a spot on your sofa,
I'll stink up your house all you want. Hell, I'll even take off my
shoes. You'll be puking in no time.
HeyBub

James wrote:
Does anyone have a recommendation on a good air freshner for the
home? I don't mean those little plug-ins, which are nearly
worthless in my experience.

Some time ago, I tried one of those battery operated units that use a
cannister to freshen the air every 1/2 hour or so (adjustable), but I
found they didn't last and were noisy at night.

I have also tried those small cans with wicks, that you set out
around the house, but I don't really like them. When you first put
them out, they are too powerful, and then they degrade quickly and
require replacing too often.

I just thought some of you might have had good success with something
that I haven't heard of before.

Thanks for any tips !!

Ozone generator.

Not one of those ****ant Sonic Air or electrostatic toys - get one that can,
at maximum setting, put out 900ug/hour.

You can keep dead bodies virtually unnoticed. Forever.

On a more practical level, our office consists only of heavy smokers. This
device protects us from second-hand smoke!

Bonnie

wrote in message
ps.com...
An open window does wonders.
TB

Not when it's 20 degrees out.

Goedjn

Ozone generator.

Not one of those ****ant Sonic Air or electrostatic toys - get one that can,
at maximum setting, put out 900ug/hour.

You can keep dead bodies virtually unnoticed. Forever.

On a more practical level, our office consists only of heavy smokers. This
device protects us from second-hand smoke!

More likely it's killing you faster, but whatever makes you happy.

If your house needs to be deodorized, you should figure out why,
and deal with the actual problem, not mask it with more chemicals.

m Ransley

Goedjn do yourself a favor and learn about Epa Ozone exposure limits.
The amount you recommend is a good way to guarantee future lung problems

jamie

Of course, you wouldn't want to leave these going at night, or when
you're not there, but I prefer the small simmering pot pourri burners
that use tea-light candles. Most artificial scents have elements that
bother my nose, so I add a few whole cloves, a chunk of stick cinnamon
and several drops of food-grade lemon oil and some orange extract to
the water.

In a home in a northern climate that has radiators, you can add these
things (or other simmering pot pourri mix) to pans of water placed
on radiators in the winter.

--
jamie )

"There's a seeker born every minute."