Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
djay

Default Replacing Main supply gate valve

Relplacing the gate valve with a ball valve. The gate handle is broken.
The ball valve is brass with sweat fittings. I will be replacing the
pressure regulator while I'm at it because the house is 20 years old.
Anyway, I noticed that the Ball Valve has, what seems to be, some plastic
lining around the ball valve. Is there a risk of this lining melting when I
apply the torch? Is there any procedure I need to be aware of to keep it
from melting? Am I just paranoid? Guy at the plumbing store says that it
takes a lot to melt them and I shouldn't have a problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

DJay

Main cold water supply ??? Rich UK diy 5 January 24th 05 09:22 PM
change washer hookup --- but no shutoff valve in sight! fixhouse Home Repair 8 December 6th 04 02:57 PM
Identifying a shutoff gate valve brand Pefferie Home Repair 6 November 6th 04 01:26 PM
ball valve in place of gate valve? Stephen Fasham UK diy 19 May 6th 04 02:44 PM
moving water main valve Cory Lechner Home Repair 12 December 31st 03 01:43 AM