jimmy

If the gate valve handle is broken, why not just replace the gate and
shaft assembly? You don't have to remove the body to do this.

djay wrote:
Relplacing the gate valve with a ball valve. The gate handle is broken.
The ball valve is brass with sweat fittings. I will be replacing the
pressure regulator while I'm at it because the house is 20 years old.
Anyway, I noticed that the Ball Valve has, what seems to be, some plastic
lining around the ball valve. Is there a risk of this lining melting when I
apply the torch? Is there any procedure I need to be aware of to keep it
from melting? Am I just paranoid? Guy at the plumbing store says that it
takes a lot to melt them and I shouldn't have a problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

DJay