Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
a guest

Default fasten sink to a 2" tile counter

I am trying to fasten the sink to a 2" granite tile counter.
I have a 3/4" plywood, one 1/2" and one 1/4" hardiback under
the granite tiles. All 4 layers have the same size opening.
So the opening is 2" thick.

Now the fasteners that come with the sinks are designed for
1" or less thick counters. I can't seem to fasten the sink
to the counter. Is there a way around this? I can't find longer
fasteners for the sink.

Now if I do this again, I would cut the granite tiles 1/2" less
so fasteners can attach to them at the edge.

counter sink for trim head screw Sam the Cat Woodworking 5 November 3rd 04 10:20 PM
Can I tile my countertop, and undermount a sink? Julie Home Repair 6 May 13th 04 11:44 PM
Florida Tile LD Home Ownership 17 March 2nd 04 11:52 PM
Porcelain counter tile smaller than 4x4 Roger Marquis Home Ownership 1 August 24th 03 04:11 AM
Applying ceramic tile directly onto Formica counter top? the_plumber Home Repair 2 August 6th 03 12:30 AM