Sam the Cat

Default counter sink for trim head screw

hey all

looking to use some trim head screws on some bloodwood flooring -- like to
find a proper counter sink for the trim head screw (vice normal drywall
screw) -- anybody got a clue on where I can find one ? I just checked
McFeely's w/no luck

Cheers

Joseph Smith

If your are just going flush to the surface or a tad
deeper Screw Products Inc makes self countersinking
screws. They also carry trim heads. Great screws!
I love them. http://www.screw-products.com/

Joey in Chesapeake
"Sam the Cat" wrote in message
hey all

looking to use some trim head screws on some bloodwood flooring -- like to
find a proper counter sink for the trim head screw (vice normal drywall
screw) -- anybody got a clue on where I can find one ? I just checked
McFeely's w/no luck

Cheers

Jim

Sam:

Unfortunately, trim head screws come in lots of head configurations and some
work better than others when it comes to countersinking. There is no doubt
that countersinking is necessary for bloodwood though. That is a very hard
hardwood! Some trim heads are just undersized flat heads (ie, #4 head on #6
screw), and some are more like a flattened ball with a recess. Most trim
heads can use a 1/4" countersink (heads are tyipcally .210 to .230" in
diameter), but depth control is key. My Tech Director, Darin Lawrence, has
some experience with this, and would be happy to talk with you. Call him at
1-800-443-7937 if you would like.

Jim Ray, President
McFeely's Square Drive Screws
www.mcfeelys.com

"Sam the Cat" wrote in message
hey all

looking to use some trim head screws on some bloodwood flooring -- like to
find a proper counter sink for the trim head screw (vice normal drywall
screw) -- anybody got a clue on where I can find one ? I just checked
McFeely's w/no luck

Cheers

Joe AutoDrill

Check with McMastercarr.com and see if they have specialized screws there
just for this purpose.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
http://www.autodrill.com