Sam the Cat

Jim,
Thanks for the reply -- I'll take you up on the offer in the AM

Cheers

"Jim" wrote in message
Sam:

Unfortunately, trim head screws come in lots of head configurations and

some
work better than others when it comes to countersinking. There is no doubt
that countersinking is necessary for bloodwood though. That is a very hard
hardwood! Some trim heads are just undersized flat heads (ie, #4 head on

screw), and some are more like a flattened ball with a recess. Most trim
heads can use a 1/4" countersink (heads are tyipcally .210 to .230" in
diameter), but depth control is key. My Tech Director, Darin Lawrence, has
some experience with this, and would be happy to talk with you. Call him

at
1-800-443-7937 if you would like.

Jim Ray, President
McFeely's Square Drive Screws
www.mcfeelys.com

"Sam the Cat" wrote in message
hey all

looking to use some trim head screws on some bloodwood flooring -- like

find a proper counter sink for the trim head screw (vice normal drywall
screw) -- anybody got a clue on where I can find one ? I just checked
McFeely's w/no luck

Cheers