a guest

Robert Allison wrote:
a guest wrote:

I am trying to fasten the sink to a 2" granite tile counter.
I have a 3/4" plywood, one 1/2" and one 1/4" hardiback under
the granite tiles. All 4 layers have the same size opening.
So the opening is 2" thick.

Now the fasteners that come with the sinks are designed for
1" or less thick counters. I can't seem to fasten the sink
to the counter. Is there a way around this? I can't find longer
fasteners for the sink.

Now if I do this again, I would cut the granite tiles 1/2" less
so fasteners can attach to them at the edge.

You can find sink clips for just about any thickness. I found some for
a concrete countertop that was 3" thick. You have to go to a real
plumbing supply, not home despot.

Thanks. The problem is there is not many plumbing stores around
for non contractors. I guess I have to check the yellow pages.
There are a lot of HomeDepos and Lowes open during the evening/weekend.