Dick

Default Carrier Infinity or Bryant Evolution - Anyone Seen One?

I want to replace my Day/Night gaspack with a dual-fuel heat pump.
Carrier makes one called the Infinity 13 Packaged Dual Fuel Heat Pump,
and Bryant make an identical one called the Evolution Model 674B. I
had the Bryant dealer out here today for an estimate. Although he is
aware of the Evolution, he has never seen one and doesn't have any
information on it. He was going to call me back after he talked to
the factory. Haven't heard anything back yet. Has anyone else
actually seen/installed one of these two? Or are these companies like
Microsoft where they announce products way ahead of time? I really
don't want to be a beta tester.
TURTLE

"Dick" LeadWinger wrote in message
I want to replace my Day/Night gaspack with a dual-fuel heat pump.
Carrier makes one called the Infinity 13 Packaged Dual Fuel Heat Pump,
and Bryant make an identical one called the Evolution Model 674B. I
had the Bryant dealer out here today for an estimate. Although he is
aware of the Evolution, he has never seen one and doesn't have any
information on it. He was going to call me back after he talked to
the factory. Haven't heard anything back yet. Has anyone else
actually seen/installed one of these two? Or are these companies like
Microsoft where they announce products way ahead of time? I really
don't want to be a beta tester.

This is Turtle.

No But here you go.

http://www.bryant.com/corp/details/0...TI8381,00.html

TURTLE

Dick

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 02:04:49 -0600, "TURTLE"
wrote:

"Dick" LeadWinger wrote in message
.. .
I want to replace my Day/Night gaspack with a dual-fuel heat pump.
Carrier makes one called the Infinity 13 Packaged Dual Fuel Heat Pump,
and Bryant make an identical one called the Evolution Model 674B. I
had the Bryant dealer out here today for an estimate. Although he is
aware of the Evolution, he has never seen one and doesn't have any
information on it. He was going to call me back after he talked to
the factory. Haven't heard anything back yet. Has anyone else
actually seen/installed one of these two? Or are these companies like
Microsoft where they announce products way ahead of time? I really
don't want to be a beta tester.

This is Turtle.

No But here you go.

http://www.bryant.com/corp/details/0...TI8381,00.html

TURTLE

Thanks. I had already printed out the brochures from both companies.
That's how I knew the units existed. Hopefully, I will hear back from
the Bryant dealer in the next few days.

Dick
m Ransley

If your dealer never instaled one I suggest you find one that has, or
he is learning on your house.

m Ransley

Why do you need Briant or carrier.There are alot of good products out
there, some better. The instaler is the most important part of any
install. A good instaler will take average equipment and and do it right
making you comfortable and efficient, an unexperianced tech can make it
the oposite, and you will never be happy. Buy an instaler not a name
brand, look for a pro not a student who will make his mistakes while you
pay for him to do it.

Dick

I would be more than happy to try another brand if there were any. I
have searched extensively on the Internet for other brands of
dual-fuel heat pumps in one package, and the ONLY ones I can find are
made by Bryant, Carrier and American Standard. I would love to hear
about others.

Dick

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:48:48 -0600, (m Ransley)
wrote:

Why do you need Briant or carrier.There are alot of good products out
there, some better. The instaler is the most important part of any
install. A good instaler will take average equipment and and do it right
making you comfortable and efficient, an unexperianced tech can make it
the oposite, and you will never be happy. Buy an instaler not a name
brand, look for a pro not a student who will make his mistakes while you
pay for him to do it.

m Ransley

Dual fuel, you mean gas-propane why do you need dual fuel and is it
easily switchable. Carrier is Bryant and maybe American standard, or is
it lennox? You realy need a good tech to direct you one that does your
type of instal for a living. Did you get a load calculation done by the
sales guy, I bet not, another sign of a hack.

Dick

Yes. A heat pump using natural gas for backup heat rather than the
usual electrical heat strips. The switchover is automatic. I want
this type of unit because it gets pretty cold here in the winter, and
I don't want to be running resistance heat all the time. At the same
time, natural gas is getting very expensive and I don't want to be
completely dependent upon it for heat.. These units are packaged in
one unit like a gaspack. I have to mount it on the roof to replace
the existing Day/Night gaspack. If I had a conventional separate gas
heater and electrical A/C it would be much easier to replace.

The dealer I have been dealing with has been in business a long time.
Their place of business looks very professional. They have a fleet of
fairly new trucks. The person who came to the house was the Division
Manager of New Construction. He was prepared to start measuring
things when he got here, but I had already done everything for him.
He took my spreadsheet back to the office to run the numbers. I have
no qualms about using this Bryant dealer.

Dick

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:13:58 -0600, (m Ransley)
wrote:

Dual fuel, you mean gas-propane why do you need dual fuel and is it
easily switchable. Carrier is Bryant and maybe American standard, or is
it lennox? You realy need a good tech to direct you one that does your
type of instal for a living. Did you get a load calculation done by the
sales guy, I bet not, another sign of a hack.

TURTLE

[...]

You just said a word i like to hear and it was he took the measurement and took
them back to the office to run them down. It sounds like he is going to run a
Manual D & J on your house and he is replacing a system that he could just skip
this work if he was lazy and did not plan on doing a good job.

TURTLE

Dick

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 22:23:28 -0600, "TURTLE"
wrote:

You just said a word i like to hear and it was he took the measurement and took
them back to the office to run them down. It sounds like he is going to run a
Manual D & J on your house and he is replacing a system that he could just skip
this work if he was lazy and did not plan on doing a good job.

TURTLE

He said he was glad I had a Day/Night gaspack because the Bryant will
fit right in its place. Both part of Carrier.
TURTLE

wrote:

You just said a word i like to hear and it was he took the measurement and
took
them back to the office to run them down. It sounds like he is going to run a
Manual D & J on your house and he is replacing a system that he could just
skip
this work if he was lazy and did not plan on doing a good job.

TURTLE

He said he was glad I had a Day/Night gaspack because the Bryant will
fit right in its place. Both part of Carrier.

This is Turtle.

I was selling few Day & Nite when they went bankrupt and Carrier bought them
out. We was mainly Rheem and Lennox back then but the Day & Nite was a well made
stuff and was being priced lower than Rheem and Lennox and some customer would
just want air and did not care what you wrote on the side of it. That was 25 to
30 years ago and Day & Nite was good stuff priced cheap which fit the bill for
someone who said Give me air in the house and if I want a name on it. I have a
can of paint to put one on it.

Day & Nite got in trouble with building their equipment too well and not
charging enough to pay for the quality of their equipment. They thought that
Quality of their equipment would get out and start selling more equipment by
word of mouth. It didn't happen and people wanted cheap over quality in general.
Carrier bought them out and lowered the quality level and raised the price and
made them profitiable again. During this time Carrier bought out Payne also and
done the same thing.

TURTLE

m Ransley

Are you talking about a standard furnace as backup plus heat pump? Seems
like everyone sells that, maybe you should not be saying Dual Fuel. But
I do not know about heat pumps

TURTLE

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Are you talking about a standard furnace as backup plus heat pump? Seems
like everyone sells that, maybe you should not be saying Dual Fuel. But
I do not know about heat pumps

This is Turtle.

No Ransley this is a king of the hill unit and just now in the last year have
put this package together in a package unit. You have a complete heat pump
system / then you have a complete natural gas furnmace system / then you have a
complete cooling systen / and also there is a option to be put out but not
avaiable yet a add on electric heat strips if the gas supply is cut off and you
need back up electric heat strips. I have installed these same unit in the
Carrier brand / Daddy of Bryant but does not have the multi-fuel option. I'm
kind of learey of this new high tech stuff and will let Mikey try them first and
see. Ransley we are talking Roll Royce and not a Yugo here.

TURTLE