Default carrier infinity furnace/thermostat problem

Last spring I had a Carrier Infinity 96 Furnace and Infinity thermostat
installed. Recently the furnace has been randomly shutting down with
the "Call contractor" message on the display. The furnace will restart
and the message disappears if I turn the power to the furnace off then
back on. This happens about once per week. Another problem is that
the thermostat randomly display the "Replace or clean filter" message
despite the fact that I just changed the filter. I tried turning off
the Accessory Maintenance Pop-Up Message for Clean Air Filter message
but that message pops-up randomly anyway.

I also had a new air conditioner installed at the same time and
experience no problem with the thermostat this past summer.

My contractor has replaced the Thermostat (which is still under
warranty) last week but the problem just reoccurred. Now that the
weather is below freezing I am fearful of leaving the house for long
least my pipes freeze. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tekkie

posted for all of us....

[...]

Don't listen to Tony, he has the same answer for everything - how smart he
is and what he did.

It's still under warranty right? Then call the installing company and
demand someone who knows what they are doing. Replacing the thermostat is
obviously a sign that person didn't. Give them another chance. If that
doesn't work then remind them they WILL be responsible for all damages if
you get freezing pipes and inquire about their insurance carrier. Then call
Carrier and get someone there that knows what they are doing.
--
Tekkie
Tony Hwang

Tekkie wrote:
posted for all of us....

[...]

Hi,
Rule of basic trouble-shooting is always SAME.
Remember big IBM motto? "Think"
Tony

Problem solved. A couple of years ago I covered a return register
while remodeling. No problem until the new system was installed. The
infinity was registering high static pressure and triggering the repace
filter message. At slightly higher pressure it shut the system down.
By opening the old return the pressure was reduced and problem solved.