Dick

Yes. A heat pump using natural gas for backup heat rather than the
usual electrical heat strips. The switchover is automatic. I want
this type of unit because it gets pretty cold here in the winter, and
I don't want to be running resistance heat all the time. At the same
time, natural gas is getting very expensive and I don't want to be
completely dependent upon it for heat.. These units are packaged in
one unit like a gaspack. I have to mount it on the roof to replace
the existing Day/Night gaspack. If I had a conventional separate gas
heater and electrical A/C it would be much easier to replace.

The dealer I have been dealing with has been in business a long time.
Their place of business looks very professional. They have a fleet of
fairly new trucks. The person who came to the house was the Division
Manager of New Construction. He was prepared to start measuring
things when he got here, but I had already done everything for him.
He took my spreadsheet back to the office to run the numbers. I have
no qualms about using this Bryant dealer.

Dick

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:13:58 -0600, (m Ransley)
wrote:

Dual fuel, you mean gas-propane why do you need dual fuel and is it
easily switchable. Carrier is Bryant and maybe American standard, or is
it lennox? You realy need a good tech to direct you one that does your
type of instal for a living. Did you get a load calculation done by the
sales guy, I bet not, another sign of a hack.