scitex

Default Finding model # on Delta single handle tub faucet?

Anyone know where to locate the model # on one of these? It's a 1994
vitage unit installed in a one piece shower stall and is behind a
mounting plate. The unit got really slow on hot water output and is
now starting to make a squealing sound, so I'm thinking maybe there's
a seal that needs replacing. But without a model # I don't know which
parts to get. Does my diagnosis sound correct?

Thanks so much for your input!
Speedy Jim

scitex wrote:
Anyone know where to locate the model # on one of these? It's a 1994
vitage unit installed in a one piece shower stall and is behind a
mounting plate. The unit got really slow on hot water output and is
now starting to make a squealing sound, so I'm thinking maybe there's
a seal that needs replacing. But without a model # I don't know which
parts to get. Does my diagnosis sound correct?

Thanks so much for your input!

You may have to remove the escutcheon plate.
Delta has an excellent site:
http://deltacom.deltafaucet.com/wps/portal
with repair help.

This may be a pressure-balance model with a stuck piston.

Jim

Delta faucet drip...drip...drip... orangetrader Home Repair 19 December 25th 04 09:55 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Kitchen faucet replacement Doug Kanter Home Repair 1 May 1st 04 04:36 PM
Replacing single handle tub faucet spot-the-dalmation Home Repair 4 April 27th 04 05:56 PM
More MOEN Kitchen Faucet Woes Dr Jack White Home Repair 0 March 13th 04 12:53 PM