DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Finding model # on Delta single handle tub faucet? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/87913-finding-model-delta-single-handle-tub-faucet.html)

scitex January 23rd 05 06:10 PM

Finding model # on Delta single handle tub faucet?

Anyone know where to locate the model # on one of these? It's a 1994
vitage unit installed in a one piece shower stall and is behind a
mounting plate. The unit got really slow on hot water output and is
now starting to make a squealing sound, so I'm thinking maybe there's
a seal that needs replacing. But without a model # I don't know which
parts to get. Does my diagnosis sound correct?

Thanks so much for your input!

Speedy Jim January 23rd 05 08:01 PM

scitex wrote:
Anyone know where to locate the model # on one of these? It's a 1994
vitage unit installed in a one piece shower stall and is behind a
mounting plate. The unit got really slow on hot water output and is
now starting to make a squealing sound, so I'm thinking maybe there's
a seal that needs replacing. But without a model # I don't know which
parts to get. Does my diagnosis sound correct?

Thanks so much for your input!

You may have to remove the escutcheon plate.
Delta has an excellent site:
http://deltacom.deltafaucet.com/wps/portal
with repair help.

This may be a pressure-balance model with a stuck piston.

Jim