Old June 12th 21, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 21:48:42 +0100, charles, another mentally
deficient, troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered:

really?

As in, are you "really" a troll-feeding senile asshole?

Old June 12th 21, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:42:02 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

My new car has one of those. It comes in very handy to make sure I don't
run over the damn cat. For an animal supposed to be cleanly he loves to
roll in the driveway dirt.

Cool! You ARE really the coolest senile gossip ever seen on Usenet! LOL
Old June 12th 21, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 06:58:07 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

He does that because he cant grip the tap in the shower.

Oh, PLEASE, spare everyone your pathetic attempts at some sort of human
humour, senile sociopath!
Old June 12th 21, 10:04 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Left hand down?

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 12:13:11 PM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Why do people say left hand down instead of left? We all know which way to turn the wheel to make the car go left, and it's the same in reverse. And if I'm reversing looking over my shoulder, one hand isn't on the wheel so the phrase makes no sense!

Which people say "left hand down"? How is it used in practice?

I have never heard that phrase.
Old June 12th 21, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 10:37:40 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 06/12/2021 10:13 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Why do people say left hand down instead of left? We all know which way
to turn the wheel to make the car go left, and it's the same in reverse.
And if I'm reversing looking over my shoulder, one hand isn't on the
wheel so the phrase makes no sense!

There are these things called mirrors that don't require you to look
over your shoulder.

Whadda yu mean mirrors? Whaddar day?

--
Tekkie

Old June 12th 21, 10:33 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:04:35 -0700 (PDT), Marilyn Manson posted for all of us
to digest...

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 12:13:11 PM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Why do people say left hand down instead of left? We all know which way to turn the wheel to make the car go left, and it's the same in reverse. And if I'm reversing looking over my shoulder, one hand isn't on the wheel so the phrase makes no sense!

Which people say "left hand down"? How is it used in practice?

I have never heard that phrase.

Me neither...

--
Tekkie
Old June 12th 21, 10:54 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:04:35 -0700 (PDT), Marilyn Manson, another
troll-feeding, senile twit, blathered:

Which people say "left hand down"? How is it used in practice?

I have never heard that phrase.

It's a troll! And you HAVE heard about it already! tsk
Old June 13th 21, 01:35 AM posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:04:35 -0700 (PDT), Marilyn
Manson wrote:

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 12:13:11 PM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Why do people say left hand down instead of left? We all know which way to turn the wheel to make the car go left, and it's the same in reverse. And if I'm reversing looking over my shoulder, one hand isn't on the wheel so the phrase makes no sense!

Which people say "left hand down"? How is it used in practice?

I have never heard that phrase.

I never heard it either.
Old June 13th 21, 01:54 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 11:13:11 AM UTC-5, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Why do people say left hand down instead of left? We all know which way to turn the wheel to make the car go left, and it's the same in reverse. And if I'm reversing looking over my shoulder, one hand isn't on the wheel so the phrase makes no sens

The only thing I can think of is from the old days. There was a time when drivers used hand signals to signal
left, right, or stop with their left hands. That might still be legal but I don't remember anyone using them.
Old June 13th 21, 02:26 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 8:54:10 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 11:13:11 AM UTC-5, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Why do people say left hand down instead of left? We all know which way to turn the wheel to make the car go left, and it's the same in reverse. And if I'm reversing looking over my shoulder, one hand isn't on the wheel so the phrase makes no sens

The only thing I can think of is from the old days. There was a time when drivers used hand signals to signal
left, right, or stop with their left hands. That might still be legal but I don't remember anyone using them.

Not only are hand signals still legal, but a road test examiner may ask you to at least
demonstrate one or more signal or recognize one or more signal as part of the test.

Keep in mind that drivers are required to signal their intention to turn, slow or stop.
If that can't be accomplished with vehicle's equipment, then hand signals must be used.
Not just legal, but the law.

Some people say that you should use hand signals in bright sunlight, bumper to bumper
traffic and any other situation where your turn signals might be hard to see.

Kids should be taught to use hand signals while they are riding a bicycle as soon as
they are proficient/confident enough to ride with one hand. You might be surprised to
hear that the NHTSA adds a 4th hand signal for bicyclists (Alternative Right Turn) and
also allows either arm to be used for slowing or stopping.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/staticfiles/nt...andSignals.pdf

"Left hand down" ItsJoanNotJoann Home Repair 4 November 8th 17 11:31 PM
"Left hand down" Iggy Home Repair 0 November 7th 17 08:14 PM
Flip Kwikset left-hand lock knob to right-hand keyhole reversal [email protected] Home Repair 168 July 14th 17 08:05 PM
[OT-ish] Left over right, right over left David WE Roberts UK diy 14 October 25th 09 01:46 AM