Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The differences between the UK and the US getting a Covid jab

On Wed, 19 May 2021 03:33:16 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 18 May 2021 08:42:04 +0100, Bod wrote:

I've noticed that the US pre wipes the injection area with I assume
surgical spirit and a plaster is applied after the jab. The UK does none
of this now. None of my family had any blood on their arms after the jab.
At most I've seen a piece of cotton wool held on the injection area for
a matter of a few seconds, then it is removedwith no visible blood.
(Just an observation)

Lawyers

Bull****.

Another troll checks in, Joyce will be along soon.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 18/05/2021 21:04, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/18/2021 11:28 AM, Bod wrote:
On 18/05/2021 16:18, Retirednoguilt wrote:
On 5/18/2021 10:43 AM, Frank wrote:
On 5/18/2021 7:51 AM, Bod wrote:
On 18/05/2021 12:49, Frank wrote:
On 5/18/2021 3:42 AM, Bod wrote:
I've noticed that the US pre wipes the injection area with I
assume surgical spirit and a plaster is applied after the jab.
The UK does none of this now. None of my family had any blood on
their arms after the jab.
At most I've seen a piece of cotton wool held on the injection
area for a matter of a few seconds, then it is removedwith no
visible blood.
(Just an observation)

I am surprised that the Brits do not do this as problems can result.
Staph bacteria exist on the skin and can infect the body.* I had
it happen a few months ago with an injection into my eye for wet
AMD. Was a bitch to deal with as four more injections were needed
to clear it up: one to identify bacteria (it was staph), two of
antibiotic and one of steroid.

Not trying to scare anybody about getting injected and suspect if
it happened with skin injection the infected could just take
antibiotic orally.
*
Fair enough, but comparing an eye injection to an arm jab is
totally different I suspect.

I did not research the whole thing but there is maybe just about as
much of a problem.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/injec...doctor-2616542

It may be questionable as to the injection site being sterilized first.

A quick swipe with an alcohol swab will not sterilize the skin.
Otherwise, surgeons would just swab their hands for a second before
putting on gloves and prepare the operative incision site the same
way. **Thorough cleaning with a much stronger agent is required, both
of hands and incisional site to minimize the risk of contamination.
Additionally, if not allowed to air dry after swabbing, residual
liquid alcohol on the skin will be dragged into the puncture wound
made by the needle, causing unnecessary pain and possibly even
possibly inactivating the drug or vaccine being injected.
Theoretically, you can even float some skin bacteria from the
perimeter of the swab site into the small pool of residual liquid
alcohol and increase the risk of injection site infection unless all
the alcohol is allowed to air dry.* Intact skin on the upper, outer
arm, or on midthigh is relatively clean and a simple swipe with clean
water on a small clean pad or cotton swab and a pat dry with a small
absorbent sterile pad will be just as effective at preventing
injection site infection as using a typical alcohol swipe. However,
patients expect the smell and sting of the alcohol swab and old
habits often die hard even in the face of good data.

*
Thanks, but using old habits should always be updated with good new
evidence...agree?

True but it is probably easier to swab than explain why not to 300
million people.

:-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Wed, 19 May 2021 03:33:16 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 18 May 2021 08:42:04 +0100, Bod wrote:

I've noticed that the US pre wipes the injection area with I assume
surgical spirit and a plaster is applied after the jab. The UK does none
of this now. None of my family had any blood on their arms after the
jab.
At most I've seen a piece of cotton wool held on the injection area for
a matter of a few seconds, then it is removedwith no visible blood.
(Just an observation)

Lawyers

Bull****.

Another troll checks in, Joyce will be along soon.

You never could bull**** and lie your way out of a wet paper bag.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Tue, 18 May 2021 19:28:23 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...cians-refused/

Somebody should have given that thing a wax job.

Good grief, is there really NOTHING you will NOT blather about in your known
idiotic verbose manner, senile gossip?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 May 2021 12:07:39 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

--
Keema Nam addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You are now exposed as a liar, as well as an ignorant troll."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 May 2021 12:07:39 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

wrote in message
On Tue, 18 May 2021 08:42:04 +0100, Bod wrote:

I've noticed that the US pre wipes the injection area with I assume
surgical spirit and a plaster is applied after the jab. The UK does none
of this now. None of my family had any blood on their arms after the
jab.
At most I've seen a piece of cotton wool held on the injection area for
a matter of a few seconds, then it is removedwith no visible blood.
(Just an observation)

Lawyers

Bull****.

Another troll checks in, Joyce will be along soon.

You never could bull**** and lie your way out of a wet paper bag.

You've been using that exact line for at least twenty five years. It's
time for a new one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Wed, 19 May 2021 12:07:39 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 19 May 2021 03:33:16 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
m...
On Tue, 18 May 2021 08:42:04 +0100, Bod wrote:

I've noticed that the US pre wipes the injection area with I assume
surgical spirit and a plaster is applied after the jab. The UK does
none
of this now. None of my family had any blood on their arms after the
jab.
At most I've seen a piece of cotton wool held on the injection area
for
a matter of a few seconds, then it is removedwith no visible blood.
(Just an observation)

Lawyers

Bull****.

Another troll checks in, Joyce will be along soon.

You never could bull**** and lie your way out of a wet paper bag.

You've been using that exact line for at least twenty five years.
It's time for a new one.

You clowns don't qualify.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Fri, 21 May 2021 08:21:55 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 21 May 2021 08:21:55 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

wrote in message
On Wed, 19 May 2021 03:33:16 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
om...
On Tue, 18 May 2021 08:42:04 +0100, Bod wrote:

I've noticed that the US pre wipes the injection area with I assume
surgical spirit and a plaster is applied after the jab. The UK does
none
of this now. None of my family had any blood on their arms after the
jab.
At most I've seen a piece of cotton wool held on the injection area
for
a matter of a few seconds, then it is removedwith no visible blood.
(Just an observation)

Lawyers

Bull****.

Another troll checks in, Joyce will be along soon.

You never could bull**** and lie your way out of a wet paper bag.

You've been using that exact line for at least twenty five years.
It's time for a new one.

You clowns don't qualify.

Facts never were your strong suit. I see nothing's changed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Fri, 21 May 2021 08:21:55 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 19 May 2021 12:07:39 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

news:uco7agt8ke9clmdgqcae51c9m9hoikqh9q@4ax. com...
wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 21 May 2021 11:26:48 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

cretin's pathological trolling:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 May 2021 20:48:57 -0400, posted for all of us to
digest...

On Thu, 20 May 2021 16:16:22 -0400, Tekkie©
wrote:

On Tue, 18 May 2021 21:09:22 -0400,
posted for all of us to
digest...

On Tue, 18 May 2021 16:23:44 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Tue, 18 May 2021 08:42:04 +0100, Bod wrote:

I've noticed that the US pre wipes the injection area with I assume
surgical spirit and a plaster is applied after the jab. The UK does none
of this now. None of my family had any blood on their arms after the jab.
At most I've seen a piece of cotton wool held on the injection area for
a matter of a few seconds, then it is removedwith no visible blood.
(Just an observation)

Lawyers

Wrong again.

Not surprising from the one of the troll trio,
in spite of someone just posting a study that says the alcohol wipe
doesn't really accomplish much. They also wipe people before a lethal
injection.
The band aid is totally useless. It is usually just an ad for the
store that gave you the shot. (The store name is usually on them)

Oh no, the band aid is a hazmat item. Don't want any blood borne pathogens
released. The newer ones are a circle of adhesive with a clear center. That way
if you're a leaker then it's contained.

They don't seem to be that concerned when you ding your leg on a sharp
corner of a display and blood is running into your shoe.

They didn't directly cause that... They might apologize & fire the poor slump
who set it up at the mangers directions. Did they try to sell you new shoes?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

writes:
[...]

I suppose Morgan and Morgan (ambulance chasers) would have a different
opinion but I didn't really notice until I got in the car.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 May 2021 21:39:54 -0400, posted for all of us to
digest...

wrote:

writes:
[...]

Hey, they advertise here too! They must be good!

--
Tekkie