Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Kamala the Kunt

Democrats are the most disgusting vile forms of life on the planet

https://populist.press/kamala-comple...air-force-two/

Why would you not salute the people who protect you?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/23/2021 6:22 AM, Brocko Bamma wrote:

Democrats are the most disgusting vile forms of life on the planet

https://populist.press/kamala-comple...air-force-two/

Why would you not salute the people who protect you?

She does climb stairs better than Biden.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 6:23:07 AM UTC-4, Brocko Bamma wrote:
Democrats are the most disgusting vile forms of life on the planet

https://populist.press/kamala-comple...air-force-two/

Why would you not salute the people who protect you?

Because she is not a military officer.

Civilians don't have to salute, and frankly a lot of those who try it just
look stupid doing it.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
says...

Democrats are the most disgusting vile forms of life on the planet

https://populist.press/kamala-comple...air-force-two/

Why would you not salute the people who protect you?

Why would the military salute her ? Or why should she salute the
military ?

I think the saluting back by the president started with Reagan. This I
can understand becaues the president is the commander in chief, but what
or how does the VP relate to the military ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/23/21 9:27 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 6:23:07 AM UTC-4, Brocko Bamma wrote:
Democrats are the most disgusting vile forms of life on the planet

https://populist.press/kamala-comple...air-force-two/

Why would you not salute the people who protect you?

Because she is not a military officer.

Civilians don't have to salute, and frankly a lot of those who try it just
look stupid doing it.

Cindy Hamilton

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...e-biden-video/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 9:46:25 AM UTC-4, jimmy wrote:
On 3/23/21 9:27 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 6:23:07 AM UTC-4, Brocko Bamma wrote:
Democrats are the most disgusting vile forms of life on the planet

https://populist.press/kamala-comple...air-force-two/

Why would you not salute the people who protect you?

Because she is not a military officer.

Civilians don't have to salute, and frankly a lot of those who try it just
look stupid doing it.

Cindy Hamilton

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...e-biden-video/

What part of "civilians are not required to salute" eludes you?

I get that you've become accustomed to VPs saluting. But it's a relatively recent
development. Ronald Reagan started it. So 192 years of presidents and vice-presidents
not saluting versus 30 years of them saluting (or not).

I beg you: unwad your panties. This isn't an issue.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Kamala the POTUS

I can see them saluting the president and he should salute back as he is
the commander in chief, but I still want to know where the VP stands
with the military ?

POTUS - In - Waiting ... perhaps she should be practicing ?
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 5:23:07 AM UTC-5, Brocko Bamma wrote:
Democrats are the most disgusting vile forms of life on the planet

https://populist.press/kamala-comple...air-force-two/

Why would you not salute the people who protect you?

The Vice President isn't in the military chain of command.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldwater%E2%80%93Nichols_Act
Authority goes from the President to the Secretary of Defense.

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote in message
On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 6:23:07 AM UTC-4, Brocko Bamma wrote:
Democrats are the most disgusting vile forms of life on the planet

https://populist.press/kamala-comple...air-force-two/

Why would you not salute the people who protect you?

Because she is not a military officer.

Civilians don't have to salute, and frankly a lot of those who try it just
look stupid doing it.

And with some countrys the tradition is that you
never salute unless you are wearing a military hat.

Even a military person in civilian clothes who is
wearing a hat doesnt salute other military personnel.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/23/21 9:27 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 6:23:07 AM UTC-4, Brocko Bamma wrote:
Democrats are the most disgusting vile forms of life on the planet

https://populist.press/kamala-comple...air-force-two/

Why would you not salute the people who protect you?
Because she is not a military officer.

Civilians don't have to salute, and frankly a lot of those who try it just
look stupid doing it.

Cindy Hamilton

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...e-biden-video/

What part of "civilians are not required to salute" eludes you?

I get that you've become accustomed to VPs saluting. But it's a relatively recent
development. Ronald Reagan started it. So 192 years of presidents and vice-presidents
not saluting versus 30 years of them saluting (or not).

I beg you: unwad your panties. This isn't an issue.

Cindy Hamilton

I'll bet Kamala salutes Xi Jingping when he visits.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 11:11:30 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

What part of "civilians are not required to salute" eludes you?

I get that you've become accustomed to VPs saluting. But it's a relatively recent
development. Ronald Reagan started it. So 192 years of presidents and vice-presidents
not saluting versus 30 years of them saluting (or not).

I beg you: unwad your panties. This isn't an issue.

What is it with the military men standing around the airplanes anyway ?
Are they just there for the looks ? If so, just a waste of manpower to
me even if it is just one or two men. Now i they are the pilots of the
planes I can see that. I don't recall any of them having a gun on them
so they can not be there for protection.

Of the ones that you typically see flanking the stairs, a lot of it is
tradition, which the military is big on. They would also spring into action
if they needed to assist with something, but otherwise it's for looks.
Generally unseen by the public, the role of flight attendants are also
filled by military members. I used to have a couple of buddies, one male
and one female, who were military flight attendants. They said it was fun
and exciting at first, but you burn out quickly.

I can see them saluting the president and he should salute back as he is
the commander in chief, but I still want to know where the VP stands
with the military ?

I don't understand that question so I can't help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 05:55:39 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Why would you not salute the people who protect you?

Because she is not a military officer.

Civilians don't have to salute, and frankly a lot of those who try it just
look stupid doing it.

And with some countrys the tradition is

This isn't about "some countrys" [sic], senile Ozzietard.
This is about the US!

BTW, I see that you STILL refuse to use the proper plural of words,
sociopath. Are you hoping people would eventually adopt your idiotic
spelling, sociopath? BG

--
John addressing the senile Australian sociopath:
"You are a complete idiot. But you make me larf. LOL"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/23/2021 3:14 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 11:11:30 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

Simple. The VP has no standing with the military. Her position is the
same as the cashier at the grocery store. No obligation to salute,
receives no special services.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...s_Armed_Forces
The United States Armed Forces are the military forces of the United
States of America.[10] It consists of the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air
Force, Space Force, and Coast Guard.[11][12] The president of the United
States is the commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces and forms military
policy with the Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of Homeland
Security (DHS), both federal executive departments, acting as the
principal organs by which military policy is carried out. All six armed
services are among the eight uniformed services of the United States.[13]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 17:19:41 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/23/2021 3:14 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 11:11:30 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

I think I read more into his question than that. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 06:22:57 -0400, Brocko Bamma
wrote:

Democrats are the most disgusting vile forms of life on the planet

https://populist.press/kamala-comple...air-force-two/

Why would you not salute the people who protect you?

They were doctors and nurses disguised as soldiers?
WOW!!!
Fooled me.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 11:11:30 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

What part of "civilians are not required to salute" eludes you?

I get that you've become accustomed to VPs saluting. But it's a relatively recent
development. Ronald Reagan started it. So 192 years of presidents and vice-presidents
not saluting versus 30 years of them saluting (or not).

I beg you: unwad your panties. This isn't an issue.

What is it with the military men standing around the airplanes anyway ?
Are they just there for the looks ? If so, just a waste of manpower to
me even if it is just one or two men. Now i they are the pilots of the
planes I can see that. I don't recall any of them having a gun on them
so they can not be there for protection.

I imagine they staff the plane. It is an AF plane. I do know a guy I
could ask. He worked at Andrews coordinating communications on AF1. He
knows a lot about those operations.
There is a whole USAF "wing" that does nothing but tend to the big
shot's planes. They have a bunch.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 14:14:31 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 11:11:30 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

Did you work at Andrews in the late 60s or 70s? Know Gerry Block?

He ended up transferring to the Army when his AF hitch was over and
retired as a recruiter in Wisconsin.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 11:11:30 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

No and no. There are a lot of people in the military at any given time so
it's hard to know everyone. ;-)

He ended up transferring to the Army when his AF hitch was over and
retired as a recruiter in Wisconsin.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 11:11:30 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

Thought you might if you hung around the AF1 flight crew.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/23/21 9:27 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 6:23:07 AM UTC-4, Brocko Bamma wrote:
Democrats are the most disgusting vile forms of life on the planet

https://populist.press/kamala-comple...air-force-two/

Why would you not salute the people who protect you?
Because she is not a military officer.

Civilians don't have to salute, and frankly a lot of those who try it just
look stupid doing it.

Cindy Hamilton

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...e-biden-video/

What part of "civilians are not required to salute" eludes you?

I get that you've become accustomed to VPs saluting. But it's a relatively recent
development. Ronald Reagan started it. So 192 years of presidents and vice-presidents
not saluting versus 30 years of them saluting (or not).

I beg you: unwad your panties. This isn't an issue.

Cindy Hamilton

And military and ex-military generally do not salute when not in
uniform. That is SMP - Standard Military Practice.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 11:32:08 AM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:

One big question for me is why does the military salute the VP ? The VP
relationship to the military is no more than a passenger on a standard
passenger airplane.

Have you done any investigation, or do you expect random people on alt.home.repair
to know the answer?

Googling for "is the military required to salute the vice president" returns many
hits on the reverse condition. You might start here, though:

https://www.army.mil/article/182999/traditions_of_honor_and_respect
https://www.marines.mil/News/Messages/Messages-Display/Article/886473/customs-and-traditions/

I can understand the military saluting the president if he is required
to salute back, but not salute him if he is not required to salute back.

The President is not required to salute back. Even though he is Commander in
Chief, he is still a civilian.

Incidentally, the Marine contingent at my father-in-law's funeral saluted,
although he wasn't in a position to return the courtesy. (He was dressed
in civilian attire and didn't have his cover.)

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

What part of "civilians are not required to salute" eludes you?

I get that you've become accustomed to VPs saluting. But it's a
relatively recent
development. Ronald Reagan started it. So 192 years of presidents and
vice-presidents
not saluting versus 30 years of them saluting (or not).

I beg you: unwad your panties. This isn't an issue.

Cindy Hamilton

And military and ex-military generally do not salute when not in
uniform. That is SMP - Standard Military Practice.

One big question for me is why does the military salute the VP ?

They salute important people. They salute the PM of britain
who isnt even the head of the armed forces, the queen is that.

The VP relationship to the military is no more than
a passenger on a standard passenger airplane.

Its more complicated than that.

I can understand the military saluting the president if he is required
to salute back, but not salute him if he is not required to salute back.

He is in fact the commander in chief.

I know that Reagan started the saluting on his own out of respect

Not out of respect so much as it felt better to him.

and after that the other presidents followed his lead.

When members of congress board planes
that the military fly do they get saluted ?

Yep.

I always thougt that many things the military
does is foolish just to put on a big show.

Yep, particularly having the a foreign head of state
inspecting the troops by walking down the line of them.

And big parades where they march past some stuffed shirts.

And stuff like 21 gun salutes etc.

It really got my goat when a marine was holding an
umbrella over someone and getting his own ass soaked.
I am thinking that person was not even an American.

Yeah, those foreign buggers should hold their own umbrella.

Saw some war footage of Churchill touring some war zone
after D Day, in France. He was the only one carrying a
rather femine umbrella, no one else had any umbrella.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 04:48:20 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling "all-knowing" senile asshole's latest troll**** unread

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 10:42:12 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

[...]

There MIGHT be a difference if the POTUS was actually ex-military -
particularly a bird general or whatever
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I get your point, although I'm left wondering what a bird general might be.
Kind of a cross between a full bird Colonel and a General? :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

A guy who was passed over but thinks he is a general.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Then he or she should know not to salute when not in uniform.

Cindy Hamilton