Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Kamala the Kunt

On 3/23/2021 3:14 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 11:11:30 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

What part of "civilians are not required to salute" eludes you?

I get that you've become accustomed to VPs saluting. But it's a relatively recent
development. Ronald Reagan started it. So 192 years of presidents and vice-presidents
not saluting versus 30 years of them saluting (or not).

I beg you: unwad your panties. This isn't an issue.

What is it with the military men standing around the airplanes anyway ?
Are they just there for the looks ? If so, just a waste of manpower to
me even if it is just one or two men. Now i they are the pilots of the
planes I can see that. I don't recall any of them having a gun on them
so they can not be there for protection.

Of the ones that you typically see flanking the stairs, a lot of it is
tradition, which the military is big on. They would also spring into action
if they needed to assist with something, but otherwise it's for looks.
Generally unseen by the public, the role of flight attendants are also
filled by military members. I used to have a couple of buddies, one male
and one female, who were military flight attendants. They said it was fun
and exciting at first, but you burn out quickly.

I can see them saluting the president and he should salute back as he is
the commander in chief, but I still want to know where the VP stands
with the military ?

I don't understand that question so I can't help.

Simple. The VP has no standing with the military. Her position is the
same as the cashier at the grocery store. No obligation to salute,
receives no special services.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...s_Armed_Forces
The United States Armed Forces are the military forces of the United
States of America.[10] It consists of the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air
Force, Space Force, and Coast Guard.[11][12] The president of the United
States is the commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces and forms military
policy with the Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of Homeland
Security (DHS), both federal executive departments, acting as the
principal organs by which military policy is carried out. All six armed
services are among the eight uniformed services of the United States.[13]