Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Kamala the Kunt

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 11:11:30 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

What part of "civilians are not required to salute" eludes you?

I get that you've become accustomed to VPs saluting. But it's a relatively recent
development. Ronald Reagan started it. So 192 years of presidents and vice-presidents
not saluting versus 30 years of them saluting (or not).

I beg you: unwad your panties. This isn't an issue.

What is it with the military men standing around the airplanes anyway ?
Are they just there for the looks ? If so, just a waste of manpower to
me even if it is just one or two men. Now i they are the pilots of the
planes I can see that. I don't recall any of them having a gun on them
so they can not be there for protection.

I imagine they staff the plane. It is an AF plane. I do know a guy I
could ask. He worked at Andrews coordinating communications on AF1. He
knows a lot about those operations.
There is a whole USAF "wing" that does nothing but tend to the big
shot's planes. They have a bunch.