Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Muscles Move Barn

A Bruno, Nebraska, farmer needed to move his barn. He couldn't afford to hire so his son suggested
making hand holds so people could grab on and just carry it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o83W0gj_CRE
About 4,000 people watched about 350 work.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/24/2021 08:47 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
A Bruno, Nebraska, farmer needed to move his barn. He couldn't afford to hire so his son suggested
making hand holds so people could grab on and just carry it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o83W0gj_CRE
About 4,000 people watched about 350 work.

A moldmaker I worked with told me about a mold they had made for a
Chinese company. A thermoset plastic mold is essentially a big steel
cube that can weigh 2000 pounds or more. The blueprints showed a number
of 1" drilled and tapped holes around the base that didn't seem to have
any purpose. When he asked the customer said they screwed in long rods
so the workers could pick it up and move it around.

This was in the early '70s. I think the Chinese have advanced to
forklifts and mold tables by now.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 24 Feb 2021 19:47:29 -0800 (PST), Dean
Hoffman wrote:

A Bruno, Nebraska, farmer needed to move his barn. He couldn't afford to hire so his son suggested
making hand holds so people could grab on and just carry it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o83W0gj_CRE
About 4,000 people watched about 350 work.

Excellent!!

Here's what followed it, at least for me. (Does that mean it's what
f0llows it for everyone? )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl5bqHQ4YrY

Here's another one, with more Amish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZL7TqSeDus
This must be the rage now, like hula hoops.

Unrelated:
Both before and after the first and second videos, I got an ad for
Nettic. I watched it all the first time. It says that the internet
providers monitor your usage and then slow down your signat during peak
hours. That their device stops the system from sending usage data aback
to the ISP, so they never slow down your signal.

Very interesting.

But when I go to their own webpage, https://www.nettec-boost.com/ga_en/
it says nothing about this and sounds like any other wifi signal
booster. Very useful sometimes, but not like the youtube ad said.

Why would an ISP need a user to send back info about the data, when the
ISP sent all the data in the first place?

This"review" sounds more like an ad,
https://www.techtimes.com/articles/2...p-extender.htm
but it doesn't say anything about throttling or canceling return data?

NO, it changed its tune later. It's a valid review:
"NetTec Boost Does Not Increase Wireless Internet Speeds
Please note that NetTec Boost does not actually increase internet
speeds despite claims made on the official website. It simply expands
your current internet to new areas of your home."

They may have cleaned up the official website, but cleaning up a video
is more work, so they didn't.

By buying 2 instead of 1, you save $2.50 on each. Maybe for repeat
custoners, but why would anyone buy two without first buying one to see
if it works, just to save $2.50?

If you're not bored yet, this page
https://www.seattleweekly.com/market...oost-internet/
doesn't say a word about what it will not do that it claimes it does on
Youtube. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe the vendors had
cleaned up the webpage before this review, dated Feb. 9, was written.
The previous review Techtimes has a date of Feb5. Do you think the
vendors saw that review and rushed to clean up the website bfore the
"seattleweekly" looked at it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Hoffman wrote:

A Bruno, Nebraska, farmer needed to move his barn. He couldn't afford
to hire so his son suggested
making hand holds so people could grab on and just carry it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o83W0gj_CRE
About 4,000 people watched about 350 work.

Excellent!!

Here's what followed it, at least for me. (Does that mean it's what
f0llows it for everyone? )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl5bqHQ4YrY

Jeezus, I can see why decent phones have image stabilisation.

Here's another one, with more Amish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZL7TqSeDus
This must be the rage now, like hula hoops.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 07:41:32 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

A moldmaker I worked with told me about a mold

Oh, no! Not yet another one of those detailed senile bull**** stories,
senile blabbermouth!