Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mow your lawn without gas, electricity, or your muscles!

Mow your lawn without gas, muscles, or electricity.

Just get yourself a "LAWN MOOER"

http://cosmicoutpost.com/gallery/dis...e.php?pid=1558

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/06/2015 12:40 AM, wrote:
Mow your lawn without gas, muscles, or electricity.

Just get yourself a "LAWN MOOER"

http://cosmicoutpost.com/gallery/dis...e.php?pid=1558

Except for the portion between the sidewalk and street, I don't mow my
lawn at all...I've let it go "all natural".

I do weed out what the city refers to as "noxious".

Once that's done, very little of it comes back year after year.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/06/2015 01:40 AM, wrote:

Mow your lawn without gas, muscles, or electricity.

Just get yourself a "LAWN MOOER"

http://cosmicoutpost.com/gallery/dis...e.php?pid=1558

Sheep work better: they actually cut the grass with their teeth, whereas
cows simply wrap their tongues around the grass and pull it out.

I grew up on a farm, and when the lawn next to the house got too long my
father would pen a sheep there for a while.

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/6/2015 1:40 AM, wrote:
Mow your lawn without gas, muscles, or electricity.

Just get yourself a "LAWN MOOER"

http://cosmicoutpost.com/gallery/dis...e.php?pid=1558

I suspect it is like all the deer in my neighborhood.
They eat the grass but not the weeds.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/06/2015 01:48 PM, Frank wrote:
I suspect it is like all the deer in my neighborhood.
They eat the grass but not the weeds.

The city wanted an environmentally sensitive answer to the weed problem
on a mountain that's an open space so they invited a sheep farmer to
graze his flock. Very picturesque with the old sheep wagon, dogs, and so
forth. Sheep carefully eat their way around leafy spurge, knapweed, and
the other invasive species they're supposed to be eliminating.

After the photo op is over and the sheep are gone, they bring out the
Tordon.

There are a couple of areas outside of the public view where the sheep
are penned at night. No weeds there. No nothing there, it's chewed down
to mineral soil.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/6/15 10:08 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/06/2015 01:48 PM, Frank wrote:
I suspect it is like all the deer in my neighborhood.
They eat the grass but not the weeds.

The city wanted an environmentally sensitive answer to the weed problem
on a mountain that's an open space so they invited a sheep farmer to
graze his flock. Very picturesque with the old sheep wagon, dogs, and so
forth. Sheep carefully eat their way around leafy spurge, knapweed, and
the other invasive species they're supposed to be eliminating.

After the photo op is over and the sheep are gone, they bring out the
Tordon.

There are a couple of areas outside of the public view where the sheep
are penned at night. No weeds there. No nothing there, it's chewed down
to mineral soil.

Goats always impressed me in turning land that had grown up in weeds for
decades, into grassland. They prefer only 30% of their diet to be
grassy. They prefer to leave the grass high enough to thrive, maybe 5".
They love leafy splurge and knapweed. They'll eat weeds that would
poison some grazers. They'll debark small trees to give the grass sun.

Maybe California has wildfires because they don't have enough goats.