Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Bruce Springstein, drunk skunk, so desperate to make another buck?

What's up with this moron? He knew he was arrested for DWI in November, yet he made a commercial for Jeep with him driving? I'd take bets that he didn't tell Jeep about it either. Is he that greedy, need those bucks that bad? If I was Jeep I'd demand the money back.

He got arrested in the federal park on Sandy Hook. Charged with reckless
driving too. The place is empty in Nov, it's basically a long paved road with
one lane in each direction. You can drive 40 or so, no one is going
to pay attention, there are no speeding traps. He must have been
doing something really stupid to get a park ranger's attention, this
wasn't getting caught at a DWI checkpoint or similar.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/11/2021 8:13 AM, trader_4 wrote:
What's up with this moron? He knew he was arrested for DWI in November, yet he made a commercial for Jeep with him driving? I'd take bets that he didn't tell Jeep about it either. Is he that greedy, need those bucks that bad? If I was Jeep I'd demand the money back.

He got arrested in the federal park on Sandy Hook. Charged with reckless
driving too. The place is empty in Nov, it's basically a long paved road with
one lane in each direction. You can drive 40 or so, no one is going
to pay attention, there are no speeding traps. He must have been
doing something really stupid to get a park ranger's attention, this
wasn't getting caught at a DWI checkpoint or similar.

Good chance the commercial was shot before his arrest. Of course, it
would still be stupid for Jeep to use it. Celebrities are a risky
choice for spokesperson.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 8:31:44 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

I'm betting Jeep didn't know about the arrest. Apparently because it was by
federal park rangers, it didn't make the news. I think I just heard he was on
a motorcycle too. From my experience there, you'd have to be doing something
really stupid to get noticed. There aren't many rangers there, especially in
Nov when it's too cold for the beach, they don't hide, you can typically see
them coming a long way off. Mostly some fishermen, people on
the bike trails, jogging, etc. Speaking of bike trails and motorcycles, I
wonder if he was somewhere with the MC other than the paved road where
you're supposed to be. That would certainly get attention.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 8:57:49 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

I found some more details, maybe Bruce isn't a drunk skunk at all.
The story is that he was riding his motorcycle in the park, some fans spotted
him, he pulled over, they took some pics, then someone offered him a shot
or two of tequila which he drank while sitting on the bike. This was in
view of park rangers. When he rode off, they stopped him. The arrest
report says he failed eye tests, failed the walk test by going way past the
instructed X number of tests, was wobbling when doing the eye test,
initially refused the breathalyzer. But when he did take the test, he blew
..02. What is unknown is the timing, like was it hours later when he finally
took it? If it was near the time he was pulled over, then I don't see how
he could be drunk.

Also, there is another angle here that the media hasn't brought up. And
that is that in the Gateway National Recreation area alcohol was allowed,
up until just a few years ago. It's possible Bruce didn't know that it was
no longer illegal. But in any case, I sure wouldn't be taking shots while
sitting on a bike in public and for damn sure not in view of park rangers.
With the .02 reading, unless that was hours later, I don't know why the
rangers would have arrested him. The arrest report also said that he
was cooperative, so that's not an issue. Seems like it should have been
a ticket for alcohol, at most.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/11/2021 12:04 PM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

I've seen the test done on TV. Usually, it is at least some minutes
since the last drink. I don't know if it would be affected if you had a
shot just minutes before and your mouth had residue. State laws vary
but refusing the test can result in immediate suspension.

The rest of the test seems to have not gone well though.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 12:56:45 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

It's also possible that not just alcohol was involved.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 12:56:38 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

The rule is they need to talk to you, test or whatever for at least 20
minutes before they can have you blow. This is time to eliminate any
residual alcohol in your mouth. Then if you blow a bad number they can
arrest you on suspicion of DUI. (most road side tests are not
evidentiary). Then they give you another test with calibrated
equipment that is evidence. At least that was the way it worked the
last time my cop buddies explained it to me.
The DMV can suspend your license for refusing the test
administratively but a decent lawyer can usually get it back. If you
blow a bad number, it is harder to get your license back and you have
given the state evidence the 5th amendment says you didn't have to.

If the story Trader says is true, I am not sure how they got a
conviction for DUI. The physical tests are very subjective,
particularly with senior citizens like Bruce (71). I am in a PT venue
once a week looking at people much younger than him who can't put one
foot in front of the other when they walk.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 10:06:17 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

Did they do blood or pee?
Posted to alt.home.repair

If the story Trader says is true, I am not sure how they got a
conviction for DUI.

He goes to court later this month, maybe ..
.... just a minor detail.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 2:30:53 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

They didn't get a conviction, the case has not gone to trial yet.

The physical tests are very subjective,
particularly with senior citizens like Bruce (71). I am in a PT venue
once a week looking at people much younger than him who can't put one
foot in front of the other when they walk.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, February 12, 2021 at 12:41:28 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 14:42:22 -0500, wrote:

If the story Trader says is true, I am not sure how they got a
conviction for DUI.

He goes to court later this month, maybe ..
... just a minor detail.
John T.

Unless there is more we don't know, this gets tossed.
0.02? Really?
He may have to pay the traffic ticket but a decent lawyer would have
had that tossed and gone to court on the top charge if they think they
will beat the DUI.
I suppose the DA is going to have to put on a case, just to say he was
not star struck.

The charge that is most likely to stick is consuming alcohol in the park.
But IDK what they have to support that either. A reckless driving charge
seems rather odd, given that the story is they pulled him over as soon as
he started to ride off in an empty park after having the shots. I suppose
he could have been burning rubber or something. The whole thing is rather
odd. One theory is that the cops were Trumpets, out to get Bruce.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, February 12, 2021 at 9:31:00 AM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 2/12/2021 12:40 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 14:42:22 -0500, wrote:

If the story Trader says is true, I am not sure how they got a
conviction for DUI.

He goes to court later this month, maybe ..
... just a minor detail.
John T.

Unless there is more we don't know, this gets tossed.
0.02? Really?
He may have to pay the traffic ticket but a decent lawyer would have
had that tossed and gone to court on the top charge if they think they
will beat the DUI.
I suppose the DA is going to have to put on a case, just to say he was
not star struck.

Last I heard was he reeked of alcohol and failed the physical sobriety
test. He refused the breathalyzer test and later took the blood test
which gave the 0.02 reading. If the blood test was not given until
several hours later he would have sobered up by then.

If that's the case, they can approximate his BAC at the previous time.
Seems it would have had to be many hours later to get from over 0.08
down to 0.02
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/12/2021 10:08 AM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Read yesterday that Jeep has pulled their ad. Bet they lost a bundle on
it.

Posted to alt.home.repair,us.politics

On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 07:08:20 -0800 (PST), trader_4 posted for all of us to
digest...

One theory is that the cops were Trumpets, out to get Bruce.

Oh, here we go.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 07:09:38 -0800 (PST), trader_4 posted for all of us to
digest...

On 2/12/2021 12:40 AM, wrote:
[...]

Alcohol is metabolized (broken down) by the body at a rate of 0.016% per hour.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/12/2021 12:40 AM, wrote:
[...]

It doesn't happen at a fixed rate, it depends on whether you have eaten etc

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/12/2021 12:40 AM, wrote:
[...]

Think it is about one drink per hour.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/12/2021 12:40 AM, wrote:
[...]

Again, that varys with the individual and their circumstances.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 07:03:40 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

My bad I meant GET a conviction

The physical tests are very subjective,
particularly with senior citizens like Bruce (71). I am in a PT venue
once a week looking at people much younger than him who can't put one
foot in front of the other when they walk.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 11:44:45 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Again, that varys with the individual and their circumstances.

Again, nobody talked to you, senile Ozzie pest!

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 18:29:52 -0500, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

On 2/12/2021 12:40 AM, wrote:
[...]

Yup!

--
Tekkie

How To Make Sure You Don't Leave The House When Drunk! jeff_wisnia[_4_] Home Repair 7 November 19th 11 03:23 PM
Damn Skunk! Jim Yanik Home Repair 0 October 13th 05 12:39 AM
Damn Skunk! Colbyt Home Repair 0 October 12th 05 10:05 PM
Damn Skunk! Joseph Meehan Home Repair 0 October 12th 05 09:22 PM
groundhog problem(?) [Was: Skunk Problem] donald girod Home Repair 2 August 10th 03 10:51 PM