Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Bruce Springstein, drunk skunk, so desperate to make anotherbuck?

On 2/11/2021 12:04 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 8:57:49 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

I found some more details, maybe Bruce isn't a drunk skunk at all.
The story is that he was riding his motorcycle in the park, some fans spotted
him, he pulled over, they took some pics, then someone offered him a shot
or two of tequila which he drank while sitting on the bike. This was in
view of park rangers. When he rode off, they stopped him. The arrest
report says he failed eye tests, failed the walk test by going way past the
instructed X number of tests, was wobbling when doing the eye test,
initially refused the breathalyzer. But when he did take the test, he blew
.02. What is unknown is the timing, like was it hours later when he finally
took it? If it was near the time he was pulled over, then I don't see how
he could be drunk.

Also, there is another angle here that the media hasn't brought up. And
that is that in the Gateway National Recreation area alcohol was allowed,
up until just a few years ago. It's possible Bruce didn't know that it was
no longer illegal. But in any case, I sure wouldn't be taking shots while
sitting on a bike in public and for damn sure not in view of park rangers.
With the .02 reading, unless that was hours later, I don't know why the
rangers would have arrested him. The arrest report also said that he
was cooperative, so that's not an issue. Seems like it should have been
a ticket for alcohol, at most.

I've seen the test done on TV. Usually, it is at least some minutes
since the last drink. I don't know if it would be affected if you had a
shot just minutes before and your mouth had residue. State laws vary
but refusing the test can result in immediate suspension.

The rest of the test seems to have not gone well though.