Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT "Saved by the bell"

Did any of you ever watch "Saved by the Bell" -- at Bayside High, on TV?

It's the one with a character Screech

There are repeated commercials on the radio now that call it:

"A television show that defined a generation"

Huh??

"One of the greatest shows of all time"

Huh??

Is there even the slightest basis for these statements?

I watched it a couple times, or I tried to, and I thought it was stupid.

If you want a high school sitcom, "Welcome Back, Kotter" was much
better. "Our Miss Brooks" on the radio and Tv was much better
and most sitcoms are much better.

And I don't think any sitcom is able to define a generation.

What do you think?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, February 7, 2021 at 4:09:47 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
Did any of you ever watch "Saved by the Bell" -- at Bayside High, on TV?

It's the one with a character Screech

There are repeated commercials on the radio now that call it:

"A television show that defined a generation"

Huh??

"One of the greatest shows of all time"

Huh??

Is there even the slightest basis for these statements?

I watched it a couple times, or I tried to, and I thought it was stupid.

If you want a high school sitcom, "Welcome Back, Kotter" was much
better. "Our Miss Brooks" on the radio and Tv was much better
and most sitcoms are much better.

And I don't think any sitcom is able to define a generation.

What do you think?

I think you should stop reading the women's section of the newspaper and
subscribe to Popular Mechanics, Scientific American, Smithsonian, or something
until your mind is filled with "meat" rather than "dessert".

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, February 7, 2021 at 4:09:47 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
Did any of you ever watch "Saved by the Bell" -- at Bayside High, on TV?

It's the one with a character Screech

There are repeated commercials on the radio now that call it:

"A television show that defined a generation"

Huh??

"One of the greatest shows of all time"

Huh??

Is there even the slightest basis for these statements?

I watched it a couple times, or I tried to, and I thought it was stupid.

If you want a high school sitcom, "Welcome Back, Kotter" was much
better. "Our Miss Brooks" on the radio and Tv was much better
and most sitcoms are much better.

And I don't think any sitcom is able to define a generation.

What do you think?

You mean a commercial exaggerated? I'm shocked!
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 8 Feb 2021 05:43:34 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Sunday, February 7, 2021 at 4:09:47 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
Did any of you ever watch "Saved by the Bell" -- at Bayside High, on TV?

It's the one with a character Screech

There are repeated commercials on the radio now that call it:

"A television show that defined a generation"

Huh??

"One of the greatest shows of all time"

Huh??

Is there even the slightest basis for these statements?

I watched it a couple times, or I tried to, and I thought it was stupid.

If you want a high school sitcom, "Welcome Back, Kotter" was much
better. "Our Miss Brooks" on the radio and Tv was much better
and most sitcoms are much better.

And I don't think any sitcom is able to define a generation.

What do you think?

You mean a commercial exaggerated? I'm shocked!

Yeah, but there's a limit. a) I think they're trying to take advantage
of kids too young to remember the original. b) I hope that lying and big
lying hasn't been made more popular by stumpie.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 8 Feb 2021 02:58:25 -0800 (PST),
" wrote:

On Sunday, February 7, 2021 at 4:09:47 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
Did any of you ever watch "Saved by the Bell" -- at Bayside High, on TV?

It's the one with a character Screech

There are repeated commercials on the radio now that call it:

"A television show that defined a generation"

Huh??

"One of the greatest shows of all time"

Huh??

Is there even the slightest basis for these statements?

I watched it a couple times, or I tried to, and I thought it was stupid.

If you want a high school sitcom, "Welcome Back, Kotter" was much
better. "Our Miss Brooks" on the radio and Tv was much better
and most sitcoms are much better.

And I don't think any sitcom is able to define a generation.

What do you think?

I think you should stop reading the women's section of the newspaper

Don't you want to encourage my feminist leanings?

and
subscribe to Popular Mechanics, Scientific American, Smithsonian, or something
until your mind is filled with "meat" rather than "dessert".

Actually I hear this on CNN-radio, 20 or 30 times in the two months.
They play the same commercials and PSA's over and over and over and
over. I can't always mute the volume.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:

[...]

Turn off the radio and read a book or something.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 07 Feb 2021 16:09:39 -0500, micky posted for all of us to digest...

Did any of you ever watch "Saved by the Bell" -- at Bayside High, on TV?

It's the one with a character Screech

There are repeated commercials on the radio now that call it:

"A television show that defined a generation"

Huh??

"One of the greatest shows of all time"

Huh??

Is there even the slightest basis for these statements?

I watched it a couple times, or I tried to, and I thought it was stupid.

If you want a high school sitcom, "Welcome Back, Kotter" was much
better. "Our Miss Brooks" on the radio and Tv was much better
and most sitcoms are much better.

And I don't think any sitcom is able to define a generation.

What do you think?

It didn't define mine. I don't think any TV show defines anything. The reality
shows Live PD, Live Rescue come the closest. One must remember TV shows are
like every business, in this case to sell advertising. Keep the costs low and
the profits high.

--
Tekkie