Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT "Saved by the bell"

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 8 Feb 2021 05:43:34 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Sunday, February 7, 2021 at 4:09:47 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
Did any of you ever watch "Saved by the Bell" -- at Bayside High, on TV?

It's the one with a character Screech

There are repeated commercials on the radio now that call it:

"A television show that defined a generation"

Huh??

"One of the greatest shows of all time"

Huh??

Is there even the slightest basis for these statements?

I watched it a couple times, or I tried to, and I thought it was stupid.

If you want a high school sitcom, "Welcome Back, Kotter" was much
better. "Our Miss Brooks" on the radio and Tv was much better
and most sitcoms are much better.

And I don't think any sitcom is able to define a generation.

What do you think?

You mean a commercial exaggerated? I'm shocked!

Yeah, but there's a limit. a) I think they're trying to take advantage
of kids too young to remember the original. b) I hope that lying and big
lying hasn't been made more popular by stumpie.