Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What do they mean by a well-balanced hammer.

What do they mean by a well-balanced hammer?

Every hammer I've ever had was heavier at one end.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/17/2020 12:56 PM, micky wrote:
What do they mean by a well-balanced hammer?

Every hammer I've ever had was heavier at one end.

Who are "they?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/17/20 4:02 PM, RosemontCrest wrote:
On 9/17/2020 12:56 PM, micky wrote:
What do they mean by a well-balanced hammer?

Every hammer I've ever had was heavier at one end.

Who are "they?"

Maybe https://www.vaughanmfg.com/selecting-a-hammer.aspx

"The first consideration of anyone who knows their hammer is balance.
The proper head-to-handle weight distribution is very important. When a
hammer has good balance, it seems to swing itself. Good balance results
in less stress on muscles and tendons, helping to eliminate common
injuries associated with swinging a hammer."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/17/2020 3:56 PM, micky wrote:
What do they mean by a well-balanced hammer?

Every hammer I've ever had was heavier at one end.

I don't know that it means a particular balance point as much as the
feel of the swing. Some hammers of the same weight do feel better and
make it easier to swing and puts more force on the nail. I've used some
hammers that I could use all day, others that I'd not want to finish a
nail with.

Of course, there are progressive and balance piano hammers too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Â*Maybe https://www.vaughanmfg.com/selecting-a-hammer.aspx

"The first consideration of anyone who knows their hammer is balance.
The proper head-to-handle weight distribution is very important. When a
hammer has good balance, it seems to swing itself. Good balance results
in less stress on muscles and tendons, helping to eliminate common
injuries associated with swinging a hammer."

Perhaps, but I wonder who micky means by "they."

Posted to alt.home.repair

Â*Â*Maybe https://www.vaughanmfg.com/selecting-a-hammer.aspx

"The first consideration of anyone who knows their hammer is balance.
The proper head-to-handle weight distribution is very important. When
a hammer has good balance, it seems to swing itself. Good balance
results in less stress on muscles and tendons, helping to eliminate
common injuries associated with swinging a hammer."

Perhaps, but I wonder who micky means by "they."

Everybody know "they" They are the ones that say to change your oil
every 2000 miles. They say never order fish at a restaurant on Monday.
They say don't go in the water after eating. They say feed a cold,
starve a fever. Yep, that they.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/17/20 4:45 PM, RosemontCrest wrote:
On 9/17/2020 1:27 PM, wrote:
On 9/17/20 4:02 PM, RosemontCrest wrote:
On 9/17/2020 12:56 PM, micky wrote:
What do they mean by a well-balanced hammer?

Every hammer I've ever had was heavier at one end.

Who are "they?"

Â*Â*Maybe https://www.vaughanmfg.com/selecting-a-hammer.aspx

"The first consideration of anyone who knows their hammer is balance.
The proper head-to-handle weight distribution is very important. When
a hammer has good balance, it seems to swing itself. Good balance
results in less stress on muscles and tendons, helping to eliminate
common injuries associated with swinging a hammer."

Perhaps, but I wonder who micky means by "they."

Doesn't matter. He's just a silly, persistent troll and for some reason,
fools respond to his inane posts...

--
Karl Marx is a historically famous figure but no one ever mentions his
wife Onya who invented the Starters Pistol...
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 17 Sep 2020 16:32:29 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 9/17/2020 3:56 PM, micky wrote:
What do they mean by a well-balanced hammer?

Every hammer I've ever had was heavier at one end.

I don't know that it means a particular balance point as much as the
feel of the swing. Some hammers of the same weight do feel better and
make it easier to swing and puts more force on the nail. I've used some
hammers that I could use all day, others that I'd not want to finish a
nail with.

A couple days ago I was just removing a nail from old 3/8' plywood,
wasn't pushing it hard, but I still broke the wooden handle. I have
other hammers but I don't know whether they are.

On Amazon, the cheapest handle was about $11, but there were hammers for
$8. At Home Depot there were hammers for $6.50. At that price it must
not be balanced, I figure, but I haven't used it yet.

I only have 10 pickets to replace so I can't use it all day, but I'll
let you know if I can tell if it's hard or easy to swing.

Of course, there are progressive and balance piano hammers too.

I've replaced piano hammers. When I was in college we (we is the
opposite of "they") had a broken piano, and the people at the piano
company downtown gave me parts (hammers, felt, piano wire, everything I
knew I needed except keys**) and instruction and one guy gave me his
name to use so I could buy anything else at the piano parts store at 50%
off. **And he told me to call the Lyon and Healy Piano Company. The
woman on t he phone didn't even want me to come there. She just sent
me, for free, a big envelope full of ivories and black keys, that they
removed from other pianos they were refurbishing (or junking?) I fixed
everything

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 17 Sep 2020 13:45:51 -0700, RosemontCrest
wrote:

On 9/17/2020 1:27 PM, wrote:
On 9/17/20 4:02 PM, RosemontCrest wrote:
On 9/17/2020 12:56 PM, micky wrote:
What do they mean by a well-balanced hammer?

Every hammer I've ever had was heavier at one end.

Who are "they?"

*Maybe https://www.vaughanmfg.com/selecting-a-hammer.aspx

"The first consideration of anyone who knows their hammer is balance.
The proper head-to-handle weight distribution is very important. When a
hammer has good balance, it seems to swing itself. Good balance results
in less stress on muscles and tendons, helping to eliminate common
injuries associated with swinging a hammer."

Perhaps, but I wonder who micky means by "they."

You don't give up easy.

Obviously, I mean whoever wrote that.