Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What do they mean by a well-balanced hammer.

On 9/17/2020 3:56 PM, micky wrote:
What do they mean by a well-balanced hammer?

Every hammer I've ever had was heavier at one end.

I don't know that it means a particular balance point as much as the
feel of the swing. Some hammers of the same weight do feel better and
make it easier to swing and puts more force on the nail. I've used some
hammers that I could use all day, others that I'd not want to finish a
nail with.

Of course, there are progressive and balance piano hammers too.