Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What can you believe

As a retired scientist, I naturally want to learn all I can about this Covid.

I live in Texas and the cases have gone ballistic.

Though few people that I know have gotten it.

I feel that the Covid parties where they try to get infected shows a lack of common sense.

I do my research, but the findings rarely match.

I wear a face shield and carry a mask in my pocket in case I forget to wear it.

It disturbs me that hospitals have a financial incentive to classify patients as having Covid.

I have 2 daughters and 3 grand kids.

I want the best for them.

What do you think?

I would ask that your feedback be presented without cussing.

Vielen dank,

Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair
% % is offline

On 2020-07-22 8:48 p.m., AK wrote:
As a retired scientist, I naturally want to learn all I can about this Covid.

I live in Texas and the cases have gone ballistic.

Though few people that I know have gotten it.

I feel that the Covid parties where they try to get infected shows a lack of common sense.

I do my research, but the findings rarely match.

I wear a face shield and carry a mask in my pocket in case I forget to wear it.

It disturbs me that hospitals have a financial incentive to classify patients as having Covid.

I have 2 daughters and 3 grand kids.

I want the best for them.

What do you think?

I would ask that your feedback be presented without cussing.

Vielen dank,

Andy

no one where i live has any viruses
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-07-22 20:48, AK wrote:
As a retired scientist, I naturally want to learn all I can about this Covid.
I live in Texas and the cases have gone ballistic.
Though few people that I know have gotten it.
I feel that the Covid parties where they try to get infected shows a lack of common sense.
I do my research, but the findings rarely match.
I wear a face shield and carry a mask in my pocket in case I forget to wear it.
It disturbs me that hospitals have a financial incentive to classify patients as having Covid.

I have 2 daughters and 3 grand kids.
I want the best for them.

What do you think?

I would ask that your feedback be presented without cussing.

Vielen dank,

Andy

Hi Andy,

No Cussing? Say it ain't so!!!

The idea that no gentleman ever swears is all wrong.
He can swear and still be a gentleman, if he does it
in a nice and benevolent and affectionate way.
--Mark Twain - Private and Public Morals speech, 1906

:-)

Is there anyone in your family that has an underlying
health problem?

Do exactly what you would do if you were faced with
a nasty cold or flu. That face Shield is a good idea.
The N-Zero in your pockets is not effective against
anything.

An oximeter is a good idea. The commie flu will decrease
your oxygen without your realizing it.

You can boost your immune system before hand if you
are concerned for anyone that you think is
at risk:

An Analysis of Ilex 15 (Seven Forests):
http://www.itmonline.org/arts/ilex15.htm

As a retired scientist, you'd would love Dr. Subhuti
Dharmananda, PHd, the creator of Ilex 15. He
is all about the science and so very, very sharp at
this stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Seven-Forests.../dp/B00GULZGBQ

https://www.amazon.com/Ilex-15-Seven.../dp/B00FN85G2G

And since it is medicine and not a drug, there is no
side effects. (Allopathic drugs are by definition
controlled does of poisons, which is why they have
side effects and rebound effects. Medicine has side
benefits. Drug do have their place. But not for
everything.)

There is a lot of non-scientific arguments being thrown
around. A lot of "so and so said such and such", which
as we both know is not science.

I will attach a list of actual scientific papers on masks
for you.

And don't forget to ask for God's help too. There is
also a number of us on this group that will say a
prayer for you, if you ask them.

-T

My list:

N95 Respirators vs Medical Masks for Preventing Influenza Among Health
Care PersonnelA Randomized Clinical Trial:
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2749214

Effectiveness of N95 respirators versus surgical masks against
influenza: A systematic review and meta-analysis
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...111/jebm.12381

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25903751/
Caution AGAINST the Use of Cloth Masks

A cluster randomised trial of cloth masks compared with medical masks
in healthcare workers

"This study is the first RCT of cloth masks, and the results caution
against the use of cloth masks. This is an important finding to inform
occupational health and safety. Moisture retention, reuse of cloth masks
and poor filtration may result in increased risk of infection. Further
research is needed to inform the widespread use of cloth masks globally.
However, as a precautionary measure, cloth masks should not be
recommended for HCWs, particularly in high-risk situations, and
guidelines need to be updated."

A rapid systematic review of the efficacy of face masks and respirators
against coronaviruses and other respiratory transmissible viruses for
the community, healthcare workers and sick patients

Transmission of COVID-19 virus by droplets and aerosols: A critical
review on the unresolved dichotomy

Aerosol transmission of coronavirus 'likely' to some degree, Fauci says
https://thehill.com/changing-america...irus-likely-to

On respiratory droplets and face masks featured
Physics of Fluids 32, 063303 (2020); https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0015044
https://aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/5.0015044

Human Coronavirus Infections in Israel: Epidemiology, Clinical Symptoms
and Summer Seasonality of HCoV-HKU1

Treatment with hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, and combination in
patients hospitalized with COVID-19
https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S...534-8/fulltext

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/22/2020 11:48 PM, AK wrote:
As a retired scientist, I naturally want to learn all I can about this Covid.

I live in Texas and the cases have gone ballistic.

Though few people that I know have gotten it.

I feel that the Covid parties where they try to get infected shows a lack of common sense.

I do my research, but the findings rarely match.

I wear a face shield and carry a mask in my pocket in case I forget to wear it.

It disturbs me that hospitals have a financial incentive to classify patients as having Covid.

I have 2 daughters and 3 grand kids.

I want the best for them.

What do you think?

I would ask that your feedback be presented without cussing.

Vielen dank,

Andy

I'm in the same boat as you, retired chemist with sons and granddaughters.

Virus crisis hit early in DE and peak has been smoothed with lower
hospitalizations and deaths.

Hopefully masks and social distancing will keep it at bay until there is
a vaccine and treatments.

Highest concentration of deaths here were in nursing homes and I believe
no one below 50 has died.

Concern is that children going back to school will catch virus. It will
not harm them but they could bring it back to families which means guys
like us are going to have to keep remote from family until it is over.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, July 23, 2020 at 2:29:50 AM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 2020-07-22 20:48, AK wrote:
[...]

The stupid lie repeated. This is NOT a nasty cold. People almost never
die from a nasty cold. About 60K Americans die in a really bad seasonal
flu year. We have 140K dead in 4 months from Covid.

[...]

This from the ass hat that just suggested some unproven supplements.

I will attach a list of actual scientific papers on masks
for you.

Please attach the one that shows what you said the other day here.
That the flu vaccine infects you with the flu. And that wasn't a one
time error, you've said similar many times here, including that the
flu vaccine gives you the flu, that you then spread it to other people
and that's how the flu spreads. In short, you're the village idiot.

And don't forget to ask for God's help too. There is
also a number of us on this group that will say a
prayer for you, if you ask them.

-T

Figured that was coming. Tell people that the flu vaccine gives you
the flu, not to wear masks for Covid, that Covid is like a cold or flu,
and they should pray to God. Thanks for representing for the trumptards again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/22/2020 11:48 PM, AK wrote:
As a retired scientist, I naturally want to learn all I can about this Covid.

I live in Texas and the cases have gone ballistic.

Though few people that I know have gotten it.

I feel that the Covid parties where they try to get infected shows a lack of common sense.

I do my research, but the findings rarely match.

I wear a face shield and carry a mask in my pocket in case I forget to wear it.

It disturbs me that hospitals have a financial incentive to classify patients as having Covid.

I have 2 daughters and 3 grand kids.

I want the best for them.

What do you think?

I would ask that your feedback be presented without cussing.

Vielen dank,

Andy

The financial incentives may be needed as hospital income from elective
surgery is down and they still have to support staff and infrastructure.
If you die of a heart attack but test positive, call it Covid? That
skews the numbers perhaps.

The incidence of infection is mush lower in Japan where people commonly
wear masks. There are a few rather vocal people say they do not good,
but I disagree.

They are not perfect, nothing is. Studies have shown that you can
transmit the virus from your mouth. My common sense theory is, a
barrier in front of the mouth will knock down a good bit of the virus,
may the one that would have otherwise reached you.

Walking down the street there is a water hose aimed across the walk and
you have to get to the other side. If you do nothing, the force of
water may knock you over. Put a chain link fence and it is meaningless.
Put a picket fence and some water gets through, but most is stopped.
Move the pickets closer, even batter. Masks are like a pretty tight
spacing.

Yes, I'm hiding under the bed quite a bit until we get a vaccine but
until then, I'm taking some precaution.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/23/2020 4:11 AM, Frank wrote:
On 7/22/2020 11:48 PM, AK wrote:
[...]

Concern is that children going back to school will catch virus.Â* It will
not harm them but they could bring it back to families which means guys
like us are going to have to keep remote from family until it is over.

Deaths are not the only concern.

https://ctmirror.org/2020/05/13/new-...atory-disease/

Strokes anyone?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...oung-patients/