Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default What can you believe

On 2020-07-22 20:48, AK wrote:
As a retired scientist, I naturally want to learn all I can about this Covid.
I live in Texas and the cases have gone ballistic.
Though few people that I know have gotten it.
I feel that the Covid parties where they try to get infected shows a lack of common sense.
I do my research, but the findings rarely match.
I wear a face shield and carry a mask in my pocket in case I forget to wear it.
It disturbs me that hospitals have a financial incentive to classify patients as having Covid.

I have 2 daughters and 3 grand kids.
I want the best for them.

What do you think?

I would ask that your feedback be presented without cussing.

Vielen dank,

Andy

Hi Andy,

No Cussing? Say it ain't so!!!

The idea that no gentleman ever swears is all wrong.
He can swear and still be a gentleman, if he does it
in a nice and benevolent and affectionate way.
--Mark Twain - Private and Public Morals speech, 1906

:-)

Is there anyone in your family that has an underlying
health problem?

Do exactly what you would do if you were faced with
a nasty cold or flu. That face Shield is a good idea.
The N-Zero in your pockets is not effective against
anything.

An oximeter is a good idea. The commie flu will decrease
your oxygen without your realizing it.

You can boost your immune system before hand if you
are concerned for anyone that you think is
at risk:

An Analysis of Ilex 15 (Seven Forests):
http://www.itmonline.org/arts/ilex15.htm

As a retired scientist, you'd would love Dr. Subhuti
Dharmananda, PHd, the creator of Ilex 15. He
is all about the science and so very, very sharp at
this stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Seven-Forests.../dp/B00GULZGBQ

https://www.amazon.com/Ilex-15-Seven.../dp/B00FN85G2G

And since it is medicine and not a drug, there is no
side effects. (Allopathic drugs are by definition
controlled does of poisons, which is why they have
side effects and rebound effects. Medicine has side
benefits. Drug do have their place. But not for
everything.)

There is a lot of non-scientific arguments being thrown
around. A lot of "so and so said such and such", which
as we both know is not science.

I will attach a list of actual scientific papers on masks
for you.

And don't forget to ask for God's help too. There is
also a number of us on this group that will say a
prayer for you, if you ask them.

-T

My list:

N95 Respirators vs Medical Masks for Preventing Influenza Among Health
Care PersonnelA Randomized Clinical Trial:
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2749214

Effectiveness of N95 respirators versus surgical masks against
influenza: A systematic review and meta-analysis
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...111/jebm.12381

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25903751/
Caution AGAINST the Use of Cloth Masks

A cluster randomised trial of cloth masks compared with medical masks
in healthcare workers

"This study is the first RCT of cloth masks, and the results caution
against the use of cloth masks. This is an important finding to inform
occupational health and safety. Moisture retention, reuse of cloth masks
and poor filtration may result in increased risk of infection. Further
research is needed to inform the widespread use of cloth masks globally.
However, as a precautionary measure, cloth masks should not be
recommended for HCWs, particularly in high-risk situations, and
guidelines need to be updated."

A rapid systematic review of the efficacy of face masks and respirators
against coronaviruses and other respiratory transmissible viruses for
the community, healthcare workers and sick patients

Transmission of COVID-19 virus by droplets and aerosols: A critical
review on the unresolved dichotomy

Aerosol transmission of coronavirus 'likely' to some degree, Fauci says
https://thehill.com/changing-america...irus-likely-to

On respiratory droplets and face masks featured
Physics of Fluids 32, 063303 (2020); https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0015044
https://aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/5.0015044

Human Coronavirus Infections in Israel: Epidemiology, Clinical Symptoms
and Summer Seasonality of HCoV-HKU1

Treatment with hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, and combination in
patients hospitalized with COVID-19
https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S...534-8/fulltext