Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What can you believe

On 7/22/2020 11:48 PM, AK wrote:
As a retired scientist, I naturally want to learn all I can about this Covid.

I live in Texas and the cases have gone ballistic.

Though few people that I know have gotten it.

I feel that the Covid parties where they try to get infected shows a lack of common sense.

I do my research, but the findings rarely match.

I wear a face shield and carry a mask in my pocket in case I forget to wear it.

It disturbs me that hospitals have a financial incentive to classify patients as having Covid.

I have 2 daughters and 3 grand kids.

I want the best for them.

What do you think?

I would ask that your feedback be presented without cussing.

Vielen dank,

Andy

The financial incentives may be needed as hospital income from elective
surgery is down and they still have to support staff and infrastructure.
If you die of a heart attack but test positive, call it Covid? That
skews the numbers perhaps.

The incidence of infection is mush lower in Japan where people commonly
wear masks. There are a few rather vocal people say they do not good,
but I disagree.

They are not perfect, nothing is. Studies have shown that you can
transmit the virus from your mouth. My common sense theory is, a
barrier in front of the mouth will knock down a good bit of the virus,
may the one that would have otherwise reached you.

Walking down the street there is a water hose aimed across the walk and
you have to get to the other side. If you do nothing, the force of
water may knock you over. Put a chain link fence and it is meaningless.
Put a picket fence and some water gets through, but most is stopped.
Move the pickets closer, even batter. Masks are like a pretty tight
spacing.

Yes, I'm hiding under the bed quite a bit until we get a vaccine but
until then, I'm taking some precaution.