Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Florida man battles coronavirus after son brings it home, infects family

On Friday, July 24, 2020 at 1:06:11 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 7/24/2020 11:59 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 7/24/2020 9:49 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/24/2020 11:36 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 7/24/2020 8:23 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/23/2020 9:30 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/23/2020 8:30 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/23/2020 7:01 PM, Frank wrote:
On 7/23/2020 5:21 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/23/2020 3:38 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 12:22:13 -0500, Muggles

wrote:

On 7/23/2020 11:59 AM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 09:51:10 -0500, Muggles

wrote:

It just chaps your hide that I get to take an exemption, huh?

I'm unlikely to share space with you, so it doesn't personally
bother me.
I'm just calling you out for lying.

Lying??Â* I'm not lying.

Now you're lying about not lying.

hahaÂ* again .. no ... I'm not lying.

You're just irritated because I won't tell you or anyone here my
medical
information.

There are exempt people:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/exempt-wea...ry?id=71871707

If you have trouble with a good mask, most places will accept any
face
covering.Â* Maybe not the doily looking thing that grandma made as
in a
joke I saw today.

This one is said to work:

https://memes.com/m/myWdyZmrExK

Only problem I have with a mask is that wearing glasses I have to
deal
with fogging.

I haven't worn a mask since this stuff began.Â* I've been all over
town
shopping and haven't had any issues not wearing a mask.

Are they required in your town?Â* Where my daughter works it is county
law.Â* She will kick you out unless you have something from a doctor.
Your whispering excuse won't work.

It's a temporary city ordinance, and they specifically included
exemptions and zero fines for not wearing a mask.

So you actually have a mask requirement where you live. I knew it would
catch up with you eventually.

huh?Â*Â* Key word here is EXEMPTIONS ....Â* nothing has caught up with me.
Â* I still don't wear a mask.

As I said, you have a requirement. The virus has indeed reached where
you are.

I still don't see how anything has caught up with me? The virus is
everywhere and has been everywhere for months. I've never worn a mask.

--
Maggie

Brain dysfunction is a symptom of Covid, so perhaps you've had it a long
time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/24/2020 9:35 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 07/24/2020 09:34 AM, Muggles wrote:
The food there usually sucks.Â* I opt for something more nutritious like
a green smoothie with kale and spinach in it. mmmmm!

Gag... The only thing I've found to do with kale is to saute it with
garlic. A lot of garlic.

These smoothies have fruit in them along with the kale and spinach, so
you can't taste the veggies. I didn't think I'd like it, either, but
gave it a try and it was quite good.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/2020 12:47 AM, Bod wrote:
On 25/07/2020 06:15, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 23:54:27 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/24/2020 10:35 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 07/24/2020 09:34 AM, Muggles wrote:
The food there usually sucks.Â* I opt for something more nutritious
like
a green smoothie with kale and spinach in it. mmmmm!

Gag... The only thing I've found to do with kale is to saute it with
garlic. A lot of garlic.

Best sauteed with a lot of olive oil.Â* Slides out of the pan into the
trash smoothly that way.

+1

Give me fresh fruit and decent tasting vegetables any day.

Kale and spinach ARE decent tasting veggies.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/2020 6:53 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, July 24, 2020 at 1:06:11 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 7/24/2020 11:59 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 7/24/2020 9:49 AM, Muggles wrote:

It's a temporary city ordinance, and they specifically included
exemptions and zero fines for not wearing a mask.

So you actually have a mask requirement where you live. I knew it would
catch up with you eventually.

huh?Â*Â* Key word here is EXEMPTIONS ....Â* nothing has caught up with me.
Â* I still don't wear a mask.

As I said, you have a requirement. The virus has indeed reached where
you are.

I still don't see how anything has caught up with me? The virus is
everywhere and has been everywhere for months. I've never worn a mask.

Brain dysfunction is a symptom of Covid, so perhaps you've had it a long
time.

You'd better get tested tute suit ...

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/2020 8:05 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/24/2020 9:35 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 07/24/2020 09:34 AM, Muggles wrote:
The food there usually sucks.Â* I opt for something more nutritious like
a green smoothie with kale and spinach in it. mmmmm!

Gag... The only thing I've found to do with kale is to saute it with
garlic. A lot of garlic.

These smoothies have fruit in them along with the kale and spinach, so
you can't taste the veggies. I didn't think I'd like it, either, but
gave it a try and it was quite good.

Here's something I will agree with you on completely. I have a similar
smoothie with my breakfast almost every day. Not only kale, but very
frequently kale.

Kale is supposed to be very healthy. A friend of mine credited eating
lots of kale for keeping him alive for 2 years after he was told he had
6 months after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/2020 10:37 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 7/25/2020 8:05 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/24/2020 9:35 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 07/24/2020 09:34 AM, Muggles wrote:
The food there usually sucks.Â* I opt for something more nutritious like
a green smoothie with kale and spinach in it. mmmmm!

Gag... The only thing I've found to do with kale is to saute it with
garlic. A lot of garlic.

These smoothies have fruit in them along with the kale and spinach, so
you can't taste the veggies.Â* I didn't think I'd like it, either, but
gave it a try and it was quite good.

Here's something I will agree with you on completely. I have a similar
smoothie with my breakfast almost every day. Not only kale, but very
frequently kale.

Kale is supposed to be very healthy.Â* A friend of mine credited eating
lots of kale for keeping him alive for 2 years after he was told he had
6 months after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

Both Kale and Spinach are considered to be super foods that contain a
lot of vitamins and minerals.

Seeds and nuts are also amongst the highly nutritious foods you can eat.
They often contain additional micro-nutrients, too.
--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 06:47:57 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 25/07/2020 06:15, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 23:54:27 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/24/2020 10:35 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 07/24/2020 09:34 AM, Muggles wrote:
The food there usually sucks.* I opt for something more nutritious like
a green smoothie with kale and spinach in it. mmmmm!

Gag... The only thing I've found to do with kale is to saute it with
garlic. A lot of garlic.

Best sauteed with a lot of olive oil. Slides out of the pan into the
trash smoothly that way.

+1

Give me fresh fruit and decent tasting vegetables any day.

You'd be right at home at my house. Breakfast always includes at least one
kind of fresh fruit, sometimes two or three. Dinner usually includes fresh
vegetables, when possible, either from our garden or from the farmer's
market.

My wife is good at spotting when sellers have purchased their stock at the
local Walmart. We used to joke about it until one she just straight up
asked if the produce was from Walmart and the guy explained that when he
didn't have enough otherwise, they would add store-bought (not necessarily
WM) so they'd have a better stocked booth. He said they all do it, so we
got comfortable asking a few others and they all said yes. We skip those
sellers, but they still offer a service to people who can't or won't go to
the actual grocery store. The important point is to eat fresh as often as
possible, rather than processed foods.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 1:17:48 PM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
[...]

You must live somewhere warm. The growing season is too short here to
rely on the farmer's market.

Plus, it's a pain in the ass to go there. I just shop the grocery
store for everything.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 25/07/2020 18:50, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
[...]

I don't know if you've heard of it, but I drink Huel in the morning a
piece of fruit for lunch and a normal dinner with lots of veg in the
early evening.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/2020 11:06 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/25/2020 12:47 AM, Bod wrote:
On 25/07/2020 06:15, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 23:54:27 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/24/2020 10:35 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 07/24/2020 09:34 AM, Muggles wrote:
The food there usually sucks.Â* I opt for something more nutritious
like
a green smoothie with kale and spinach in it. mmmmm!

Gag... The only thing I've found to do with kale is to saute it with
garlic. A lot of garlic.

Best sauteed with a lot of olive oil.Â* Slides out of the pan into the
trash smoothly that way.

+1

Give me fresh fruit and decent tasting vegetables any day.

Kale and spinach ARE decent tasting veggies.

Raw spinach in a salad is good. Cooked spinach is nasty.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/2020 1:50 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
[...]

In CT we had a real farm market May to October. Had to be grown or made
by the seller. Twice a week, good stuff.

Here in FL I go to a farm stand open year round. They have local stuff
when available but bring in other stuff for a well rounded offering.
Mushrooms from PA, bacon and cheese comes from Ohio. I go at least once
a week. Nice people that run it too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 25 Jul 2020 10:50:56 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

[...]

Mississippi now, Texas before this. Both areas have farmer's markets nearly
year round. I think they close for a few months during the winter when the
daytime temps dip into the 60s.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/2020 12:47 AM, Bod wrote:
On 25/07/2020 06:15, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 23:54:27 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/24/2020 10:35 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 07/24/2020 09:34 AM, Muggles wrote:
The food there usually sucks.Â* I opt for something more nutritious
like
a green smoothie with kale and spinach in it. mmmmm!

Gag... The only thing I've found to do with kale is to saute it with
garlic. A lot of garlic.

Best sauteed with a lot of olive oil.Â* Slides out of the pan into the
trash smoothly that way.

+1

Give me fresh fruit and decent tasting vegetables any day.

Kale and spinach ARE decent tasting veggies.

Raw spinach in a salad is good.Â* Cooked spinach is nasty.

Try stir frying cooked spinach with scrambled eggs. It's pretty tasty.

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/2020 12:47 AM, Bod wrote:
On 25/07/2020 06:15, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 23:54:27 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/24/2020 10:35 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 07/24/2020 09:34 AM, Muggles wrote:
The food there usually sucks.Â* I opt for something more nutritious
like
a green smoothie with kale and spinach in it. mmmmm!

Gag... The only thing I've found to do with kale is to saute it with
garlic. A lot of garlic.

Best sauteed with a lot of olive oil.Â* Slides out of the pan into the
trash smoothly that way.

+1

Give me fresh fruit and decent tasting vegetables any day.

Kale and spinach ARE decent tasting veggies.

Raw spinach in a salad is good. Cooked spinach is nasty.

For me, it depends on how it's cooked. Specifically, how long
it's cooked. Just enough to wilt it is fine.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Ours stays open all year, even when the ground is frozen four feet down.
Winter markets have Christmas trees, parsnips, arts and crafts, etc.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/25/2020 12:47 AM, Bod wrote:
On 25/07/2020 06:15, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Fri, 24 Jul 2020 23:54:27 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/24/2020 10:35 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 07/24/2020 09:34 AM, Muggles wrote:
The food there usually sucks.Â* I opt for something more nutritious
like
a green smoothie with kale and spinach in it. mmmmm!

Gag... The only thing I've found to do with kale is to saute it with
garlic. A lot of garlic.

Best sauteed with a lot of olive oil.Â* Slides out of the pan into the
trash smoothly that way.

+1

Give me fresh fruit and decent tasting vegetables any day.

Kale and spinach ARE decent tasting veggies.

Raw spinach in a salad is good.Â* Cooked spinach is nasty.

Try stir frying cooked spinach with scrambled eggs. It's pretty tasty.

That I could handle. I'd put cheese in too.
Whem I scramble eggs I put butter in a small pan on medium heat, crack
the eggs and stir with a spatula. No milk or water added and they are
light and creamy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 7/24/2020 10:35 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 07/24/2020 09:34 AM, Muggles wrote:
The food there usually sucks.Â* I opt for something more nutritious
like
a green smoothie with kale and spinach in it. mmmmm!

Gag... The only thing I've found to do with kale is to saute it
with
garlic. A lot of garlic.

Best sauteed with a lot of olive oil.Â* Slides out of the pan into
the
trash smoothly that way.

+1

Give me fresh fruit and decent tasting vegetables any day.

Kale and spinach ARE decent tasting veggies.

Raw spinach in a salad is good.Â* Cooked spinach is nasty.

Try stir frying cooked spinach with scrambled eggs.Â* It's pretty tasty.

That I could handle.Â* I'd put cheese in too.
Whem I scramble eggs I put butter in a small pan on medium heat, crack
the eggs and stir with a spatula.Â* No milk or water added and they are
light and creamy.

Sounds yummy! My grandmother introduced me to stir fried Poke salad.
OMG!! I loved the stuff, and it's just as good when done with spinach.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 25 Jul 2020 15:12:53 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

In CT we had a real farm market May to October. Had to be grown or made
by the seller. Twice a week, good stuff.

Here in FL I go to a farm stand open year round. They have local stuff
when available but bring in other stuff for a well rounded offering.
Mushrooms from PA, bacon and cheese comes from Ohio. I go at least once
a week. Nice people that run it too.

Not applyiing this to you but...

I had a friend who lived in DC who liked to shop at the fish market, SW,
near the Jeffereson Memorail, right on the water where the fisherman
could bring in the fresh-caught stuff.

Then one year the Potomac river was frozen over and no boats or ships
could get up it, certainly not to that DC fish market.

That's when he realized everything was brought in by truck, all year
round, like every place else.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 25 Jul 2020 08:37:37 -0700, Bob F
wrote:

[...]

That's ridiculous. As Muggles will tell you, several times, when you're
going to die, you're going to die and treatment doesn't do any good.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Everything I know about poke salad I learned from Tony Joe White.