Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cars at stoplights

Is it my imagination or have people at stop lights been leaving more
space between their car and the one in front of them than normally?

Because of the virus?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 6:24:32 AM UTC-7, micky wrote:
Is it my imagination or have people at stop lights been leaving more
space between their car and the one in front of them than normally?

Because of the virus?

There are a lot of brain washed drones out there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/30/2020 9:33 AM, Jack G.... wrote:
On Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 6:24:32 AM UTC-7, micky wrote:
Is it my imagination or have people at stop lights been leaving more
space between their car and the one in front of them than normally?

Because of the virus?

There are a lot of brain washed drones out there.

I've noticed the same thing. As if people need to distance 6 feet from
a car?? LOL

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/30/20 8:24 AM, micky wrote:
Is it my imagination or have people at stop lights been leaving more
space between their car and the one in front of them than normally?

Because of the virus?

I've been driving more carefully, considering a collision would mean
being around more people.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"To rest one's case on faith means to concede that reason is on the side
of one's enemies- that one has no rational arguments to offer." Ayn Rand
Posted to alt.home.repair

It happens that micky formulated :
Is it my imagination or have people at stop lights been leaving more
space between their car and the one in front of them than normally?

Because of the virus?

They probably heard about tailpipes being infectious.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 May 2020 16:01:26 -0400, FromTheRafters
wrote:

It happens that micky formulated :
Is it my imagination or have people at stop lights been leaving more
space between their car and the one in front of them than normally?

Because of the virus?

They probably heard about tailpipes being infectious.

Just people spitting out the window ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

micky wrote:

Is it my imagination or have people at stop lights been leaving more
space between their car and the one in front of them than normally?

Because of the virus?

These days, depending on where you live, you might want to consider what
happens if the street quickly fills with "protesters". Having more
maneuvering room makes it easier to get the Dodge out of there, perhaps
giving one of the street vermin a bump €” accidentally, of course.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-05-30 06:24, micky wrote:
Is it my imagination or have people at stop lights been leaving more
space between their car and the one in front of them than normally?

Because of the virus?

Probably just an effect of fewer cars on the road.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/30/2020 6:24 AM, micky wrote:
Is it my imagination or have people at stop lights been leaving more
space between their car and the one in front of them than normally?

Because of the virus?

It's the cars. Scared of the Caronavirus.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/30/20 8:24 AM, micky wrote:
Is it my imagination or have people at stop lights been leaving more
space between their car and the one in front of them than normally?

Because of the virus?

Maybe a car caravan of antique cars. Picture a bunch of old
Chevys with the chokes stuck closed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 May 2020 16:57:23 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 5/30/2020 6:24 AM, micky wrote:
Is it my imagination or have people at stop lights been leaving more
space between their car and the one in front of them than normally?

Because of the virus?

It's the cars. Scared of the Caronavirus.

You are safe if you are not driving an OLD Toyota. Last Corona was
built about what, 1982???

Posted to alt.home.repair

There are supposedly countries in Europe where it is common practice to leave one car length between cars at a stop light. The theory is that when the light changes, all start at once, and you get twice as many people through the light.

I don't know if it's still true. I lived in Germany 5 years and did not actually see this (though I did notice how HIGHLY skilled the average driver was there.)

This would not work in the US because while texting hardly any driver notices the light changing at all until someone behind them honks.

An anecdote about driving in Germany. Maybe somebody here will recognize themselves. It was early Sunday morning in Kitzingen, and there was almost zero traffic, a nice sunny morning. I screwed up and turned the wrong way on a one way, and realized it. But there were no cars visible in any direction, and I was one block! from the main thoroughfare, so the easiest thing was to drive the rest of that block and scoot out of there before I got caught. I made it to the crosswalk and stop sign, and then........ a pedestrian appeared from nowhere, a little old lady, and stood in front of the car and chewed me out. I pretended to speak no German, she pretended to speak no English, but her iron will prevailed. She forced me to turn around and go back that one block. She was fearless and confident she was right, and actually she was. The kids thought it was hilarious.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"TimR" wrote in message
There are supposedly countries in Europe where it is common practice to
leave one car length between cars at a stop light. The theory is that
when the light changes, all start at once, and you get twice as many
people through the light.

I don't know if it's still true.

It isnt and trivial to check with the street view now.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It happens that micky formulated :
Is it my imagination or have people at stop lights been leaving more
space between their car and the one in front of them than normally?

Because of the virus?

They probably heard about tailpipes being infectious.

I think that's right. The tailpipe is the car's anus, and our own Mr. T
keeps reminding us that you can catch the virus via the anus, so stay back
from those tailpipes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Obnoxious Cantankerous Auto-contradicting Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sun, 31 May 2020 12:09:12 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

--
Keema Nam addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You are now exposed as a liar, as well as an ignorant troll."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Found a study that says you should leave space:

https://phys.org/news/2017-11-buffer...ailgating.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-05-30 06:24, micky wrote:
Is it my imagination or have people at stop lights been leaving more
space between their car and the one in front of them than normally?

Because of the virus?

Probably just an effect of fewer cars on the road.

The street I live on is a short, ordinary residential street with very
little traffic. However, the next street over is a major cross-town
street. It had more traffic than usual yesterday.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"If God exists, what objection can he have to saying so?" -- Lemuel K.
Washburn, Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other Essays
Posted to alt.home.repair

I leave space in case the car in front breaks down. Standard police training.

Posted to alt.home.repair
% % is offline

On 2020-06-01 1:12 p.m., Thomas wrote:
I leave space in case the car in front breaks down. Standard police training.

oh so it's not your fault you do stupid stuff then