Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Feedback on 1-2 year old too load middle if the road washers

Im looking for a new too load washer and dont trust reviews of new models. Below ge unit had good reviews when i bought it but i was very disappointed with it within first 2-3 years.

i would really appreciate all your good and bad comments about washers that are not discontinued you have used.

Not looking for gold plated status or commercial versions, just for once a week household use.

These are my comments about my latest now RIP ...

GE Washer WHRE5550KWW... Mfr 2009

Biggest negatives have been high speed noisy spin. Lack of lint filter. Pump flowrate is too high for drain pipe size. Whoever dreamed up their agitator-free method did it by theory and did not see that it does not work in normal clothes. Any one of these are reasons i would avoid this model. Plus the fact that ge rep says 10 years is its expected life.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 10:17:27 AM UTC-4, WGUV wrote:
Im looking for a new too load washer and dont trust reviews of new models.. Below ge unit had good reviews when i bought it but i was very disappointed with it within first 2-3 years.

i would really appreciate all your good and bad comments about washers that are not discontinued you have used.

Not looking for gold plated status or commercial versions, just for once a week household use.

These are my comments about my latest now RIP ...

GE Washer WHRE5550KWW... Mfr 2009

Biggest negatives have been high speed noisy spin. Lack of lint filter. Pump flowrate is too high for drain pipe size. Whoever dreamed up their agitator-free method did it by theory and did not see that it does not work in normal clothes. Any one of these are reasons i would avoid this model. Plus the fact that ge rep says 10 years is its expected life.

I don't know about these requirements, but I've always liked Speed Queen.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/5/19 10:17 AM, WGUV wrote:
Im looking for a new too load washer and dont trust reviews of new models. Below ge unit had good reviews when i bought it but i was very disappointed with it within first 2-3 years.

i would really appreciate all your good and bad comments about washers that are not discontinued you have used.

Not looking for gold plated status or commercial versions, just for once a week household use.

These are my comments about my latest now RIP ...

GE Washer WHRE5550KWW... Mfr 2009

Biggest negatives have been high speed noisy spin. Lack of lint filter. Pump flowrate is too high for drain pipe size. Whoever dreamed up their agitator-free method did it by theory and did not see that it does not work in normal clothes. Any one of these are reasons i would avoid this model. Plus the fact that ge rep says 10 years is its expected life.

Got a mid-range LG that's been doing just fine the last 5 years.

--
Two golf pros were asked how they can identify a good golfer. The
liberal one offered an elaborate description of the grip, stance, club
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/5/19 10:51 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
[...]

What's a Speed Queen? An effeminate gay guy on amphetamines?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Im looking for a new top load washer and dont trust reviews of new models.
Below ge unit had good reviews when i bought it but i was very disappointed
with it within first 2-3 years.
i would really appreciate all your good and bad comments about washers
that are not discontinued you have used.
Not looking for gold plated status or commercial versions, just for
once a week household use.
These are my comments about my latest now RIP ...
GE Washer WHRE5550KWW... Mfr 2009
Biggest negatives have been high speed noisy spin. Lack of lint filter.
Pump flowrate is too high for drain pipe size. Whoever dreamed up their
agitator-free method did it by theory - it does not work in normal clothes.
Any one of these are reasons i would avoid this model.
Plus the fact that ge rep says 10 years is its expected life.

I don't know about these requirements, but I've always liked Speed Queen.
Cindy Hamilton

I just bought a dryer and found out that Whirlpool makes
Amana, Whirlpool, and Maytag.
My strong preference in washers is front-load and in my LG -
the lint filter is a farce - it gathers zero lint but the filter area
provides a "sump " for 2 or 3 cups of water to sit -
and turn stinky ! I have to manually drain it after every load !
... my old Frigidaire didn't have this "feature" and never
suffered any odor problems at all.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/5/2019 10:17 AM, WGUV wrote:
Im looking for a new too load washer and dont trust reviews of new models. Below ge unit had good reviews when i bought it but i was very disappointed with it within first 2-3 years.

i would really appreciate all your good and bad comments about washers that are not discontinued you have used.

Not looking for gold plated status or commercial versions, just for once a week household use.

These are my comments about my latest now RIP ...

GE Washer WHRE5550KWW... Mfr 2009

Biggest negatives have been high speed noisy spin. Lack of lint filter. Pump flowrate is too high for drain pipe size. Whoever dreamed up their agitator-free method did it by theory and did not see that it does not work in normal clothes. Any one of these are reasons i would avoid this model. Plus the fact that ge rep says 10 years is its expected life.

Bought a Maytag 54 years ago and had good luck with the brand. First
one was still working when we moved 14 years later. Next house, wore
out first one and the second one was working when we moved from there.
So two in that 38 year period. Bought another Maytag for this house.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bought a Maytag 54 years ago and had good luck with the brand. First
one was still working when we moved 14 years later. Next house, wore
out first one and the second one was working when we moved from there.
So two in that 38 year period. Bought another Maytag for this house.

.... so - if you can find a new 30 - 40 year old Maytag -
you have a reliable machine ! :-)

I just replaced my 25 - 30 year old Inglis propane dryer -
- it had a grand total of 1 repair in all that time - I even
considered this second repair but parts were iffy and other things
were sure to fail in the next few years ..
- even if Inglis still made appliances - I wouldn't recommend
a new one - based on the performance of my 30 year old machine.
... it's a new & disposable world out there today :-(
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/5/19 9:17 AM, WGUV wrote:
Im looking for a new too load washer and dont trust reviews of new models. Below ge unit had good reviews when i bought it but i was very disappointed with it within first 2-3 years.

i would really appreciate all your good and bad comments about washers that are not discontinued you have used.

Not looking for gold plated status or commercial versions, just for once a week household use.

These are my comments about my latest now RIP ...

GE Washer WHRE5550KWW... Mfr 2009

Biggest negatives have been high speed noisy spin. Lack of lint filter. Pump flowrate is too high for drain pipe size. Whoever dreamed up their agitator-free method did it by theory and did not see that it does not work in normal clothes. Any one of these are reasons i would avoid this model. Plus the fact that ge rep says 10 years is its expected life.

Consumer Reports top load agitators

Ranking
Points Dollars

1 Maytag MVWB965HC 70
1280
2 Speed Queen TR7000WN 65
1100
3 Speed Queen TR3000WN 65
900
4 Speed Queen TR5000WN 65
1000
5 Maytag MVWB865GW 64
900

No Best Buys. There are a total of 11 recommended models of these.
I got lazy after the top 5.

High Efficiency Top Loader

1 LG WT7900HBA 83
950
2 LG WT7100CW 81
720
3 LG WT7600HWA 79
1035
4 LG WT7500CW 78
945
5 LG WT7700HVA 76
1440

LG WT7100CW is a Best Buy. The rest are all recommended.
Posted to alt.home.repair

WGUV wrote:

Im looking for a new too load washer and dont trust reviews of new
models.

Go to a hole-in-the-wall appliance repair shop that sells used /
refurbed machines.

Try to find a 15 to 20 year old refurbed Kenmore / Sears washing
machine.

Thats what I have. I've rebuild the transmission 2 years ago, and have
putzed with the motor capacitor a few times and the centrifical motor
start switch.

Anything newer will be crap.

That's what the appliance repair people say.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Excellent comments fellers and fellerettes!

I stopped by homely depot today. Agitater versions were 700 and up. Real shiny and curvy designer looks.... Puke.

And a whole row of ge models all with agitaters 550-750. Took photos of all the mfr plates, will post them later if any look decent. Will try to compare the internal changes that look like improvements... Drain flowrate, spin speed, parts common to the crappy model.

I still have a 1997 ge version in the garage that needs a transmission repair. Ckst was over 200 retail in 2009 when broke down. Stuoid idiot as i am, i bought the new improved 2006 model...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Good advice about the used rebuilt models. My gramaws tub warsher sounds pretty good. Gals, just watch that wringer!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 11:42:38 PM UTC-4, WGUV wrote:
Excellent comments fellers and fellerettes!

I stopped by homely depot today. Agitater versions were 700 and up. Real shiny and curvy designer looks.... Puke.

Try to find a real appliance shop. Our Speed Queen was delivered from a shop
in a town 25 miles away. They were extremely pleasant to deal with, unlike
Home Despot.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/6/19 6:27 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 11:42:38 PM UTC-4, WGUV wrote:
Excellent comments fellers and fellerettes!

I stopped by homely depot today. Agitater versions were 700 and up. Real shiny and curvy designer looks.... Puke.

Try to find a real appliance shop. Our Speed Queen was delivered from a shop
in a town 25 miles away. They were extremely pleasant to deal with, unlike
Home Despot.

Cindy Hamilton

Yeah, I've given up on HD except for tools, plywood and the free hot
dogs their HVAC contractor grills just outside the exit door during
seasonal promos ;-)

Over the years, I've had *big* problems with them on:
1. Whole-house carpet measuring, purchase, installation.
2. Washer/dryer purchase, delivery, installation.
3. Refrigerator purchase, delivery, installation.
4. Water heater warranty replacement.

--
Why is it that the people who want more government control over your
life are the same ones who want you to be disarmed?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/5/2019 9:56 PM, Home Guy wrote:
WGUV wrote:

Im looking for a new too load washer and dont trust reviews of new
models.

Go to a hole-in-the-wall appliance repair shop that sells used /
refurbed machines.

Try to find a 15 to 20 year old refurbed Kenmore / Sears washing
machine.

Thats what I have. I've rebuild the transmission 2 years ago, and have
putzed with the motor capacitor a few times and the centrifical motor
start switch.

Anything newer will be crap.

That's what the appliance repair people say.

I have a 5 year old Whirlpool front loader and so far no problems but...

I've been told that if/when the main wash basket bearing fails, you might as well trash the whole machine.Â* Lovely!

The other gotcha is if the main circuit board fails, it's around $250 plus labor to replace that as well.

But, on the other hand, it is the quietest and best performing washing machine I've ever owned.Â* The sanitize+steam cycle never met a stain it couldn't handle.Â* When this washer fails I'll buy another one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/6/19 10:39 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...

Yeah, I've given up on HD except for tools, plywood and the free hot
dogs their HVAC contractor grills just outside the exit door during
seasonal promos ;-)

Over the years, I've had *big* problems with them on:
1. Whole-house carpet measuring, purchase, installation.
2. Washer/dryer purchase, delivery, installation.
3. Refrigerator purchase, delivery, installation.
4. Water heater warranty replacement.

Lowes is the only place around here with in about 25 miles. I have had
very good luck with them installing some carpet and wood flooring. The
contractors showed up on time or even called once to ask if they could
come about 2 hours eairly. The job was very well done.

I have had terble luck getting to bring out a stove and later a washing
machine. They call 2 or 3 times a few days ahead of time to say they
will be there and either never call or show up, or call and say they can
not make it that day a few hours before the time.

Lowes? I'll tell you about one of my experiences with Lowe's!

Their home delivery guy dropped a rather large top-of-the-line
over-the-range microwave oven a good five to six feet as he was
unloading it from his truck that was backed up my concrete driveway. I
refused delivery, asked for a new one, and unobtrusively scratched a
small "X" and my initials in the corner of the carton. Of course you
know that when the "new" one came the next day, there were my initials
on the carton.

I kept this one, took it to the store where we bought it and complained
to the appliance department manager. He said he didn't have any stock in
the store but could have one from the main warehouse delivered to me the
next day. I told him I preferred to pick it up right there at the store.
When I came back the next day, see if you can guess whose initials were
on the carton!

At that point, I asked to speak to the store manager. I explained to him
exactly why I was canceling the microwave purchase- along with the few
thousand dollars worth of major appliances I had ordered with it in
connection with the big kitchen remodel project we were in the middle of.

He didn't seem fazed a bit. That told me all I needed to know about Lowe's!

--
Why is it that the people who want more government control over your
life are the same ones who want you to be disarmed?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/7/2019 6:36 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Saturday, September 7, 2019 at 1:08:40 AM UTC-4, Dave Garrett wrote:
In article ,
says...

[...]

They changed the design of Speed Queen machines last year, and many
hardcore Speed Queen devotees are not at all happy with the new
machines:

https://thewirecutter.com/blog/speed-queen-washer/

--
Dave

Oh, what a pity. I hope mine lasts the rest of my life.

Cindy Hamilton

Embrace mediocrity. Sounds like it is now just another machine,