Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can't get carpet attachment off vacuum hose

Wow, such sarcastic and nasty responses to my expression of gratitude. I found this page when I googled how to get off a stuck vacuum cleaner attachment. I used the hairdryer trick and happily it worked, but I don't feel so grateful after the nastiness expressed by the four responses. Sort yourselves out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/24/19 12:43 AM, Bob F wrote:
The problem is that google groups is posting a usenet thread on their web site as if it is their own product.

Exactly! It's not uncommon for democrats to take the work of others and repackage it as their own.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 12:44:11 AM UTC-4, Bob F wrote:
On 3/23/2019 5:01 PM, wrote:
Wow, such sarcastic and nasty responses to my expression of gratitude. I found this page when I googled how to get off a stuck vacuum cleaner attachment. I used the hairdryer trick and happily it worked, but I don't feel so grateful after the nastiness expressed by the four responses. Sort yourselves out.

The problem is that google groups is posting a usenet thread on their
web site as if it is their own product. People who use usenet to view
newsgroups do not see ancient parts of ancient threads, so it is
accepted practice to quote relevant info in replies to old threads so
that readers can make sense of the conversation.

I use Google Groups and saw all the ancient parts, but I wasn't going
to wade through and read all of them to try to guess what the new poster
was replying to. I still haven't read all the replies, but I'm sure you
will agree that most times there are many different suggestions on what
to try, what to do. At the end of an old thread this new poster just said
"thanks, that worked great", trimming off everything that they replied to,
including whoever made the post. So, there was no way to even know which
poster they replied to or what worked. Unless one were to read ALL the
posts and find that there was only one thing suggested. Like someone said,
if they just said the hairdryer trick worked, then everyone would know.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I use Google Groups and saw all the ancient parts, but I wasn't going
to wade through and read all of them to try to guess what the new poster
was replying to.

right GG is not the issue. We see all the old posts.