Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Coyote versus dog

On 10/23/2018 8:20 AM, slate_leeper wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 09:10:12 -0400, K120
wrote:

The coyote howled last night as did the dog bark.

They went on seemingly for the entire evening.

They don't seem to tire of it.

My question?

Do they like each other?
Or do they hate each other?

Lots of Coyotes on my old farm in Tennessee. At the time I had a
German Shepherd and an Australian Shepherd. When the coyotes started a
serenade, both my dogs would start howling. The coyotes would shut up
and not be heard again for a few days.

Wish I knew what my dogs were saying to them

-dan z-

Â* Probably something along the lines of "Keep howlin' MoFo , makes it
easier to find you and tear you to shreds .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The coyote howled last night as did the dog bark.

They went on seemingly for the entire evening.

They don't seem to tire of it.

My question?

Do they like each other?
Or do they hate each other?

Lots of Coyotes on my old farm in Tennessee. At the time I had a
German Shepherd and an Australian Shepherd. When the coyotes started a
serenade, both my dogs would start howling. The coyotes would shut up
and not be heard again for a few days.

Wish I knew what my dogs were saying to them

-dan z-

Â* Probably something along the lines of "Keep howlin' MoFo , makes it
easier to find you and tear you to shreds .

The coyotes here eat dogs and cats. With dogs, one will taunt
a dog to get it to chase chase him, then the pack ambush the
dog. Tiny, aggressive, yap dogs are especially on the menu.

Those neighbors who think it is acceptable for them to send
their cats to crap on every one else's lawns lose a lot of
cats. The coyotes do a nice civil service that way. Saves
the rest of us a lot of ammo. I don't defecate on your lawn,
don't send your animals to defecate on mine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The coyote howled last night as did the dog bark.

They went on seemingly for the entire evening.

They don't seem to tire of it.

My question?

Do they like each other?
Or do they hate each other?

Lots of Coyotes on my old farm in Tennessee. At the time I had a
German Shepherd and an Australian Shepherd. When the coyotes started a
serenade, both my dogs would start howling. The coyotes would shut up
and not be heard again for a few days.

Wish I knew what my dogs were saying to them

-dan z-

Â*Â* Probably something along the lines of "Keep howlin' MoFo , makes
it easier to find you and tear you to shreds .

The coyotes here eat dogs and cats.Â* With dogs, one will taunt
a dog to get it to chase chase him, then the pack ambush the
dog.Â* Tiny, aggressive, yap dogs are especially on the menu.

Those neighbors who think it is acceptable for them to send
their cats to crap on every one else's lawns lose a lot of
cats.Â* The coyotes do a nice civil service that way.Â* Saves
the rest of us a lot of ammo.Â* I don't defecate on your lawn,
don't send your animals to defecate on mine.

Â* Max is confined , whether on a lead or in the house ... he's just
stupid-brave enough to take them on . A neighbor had some get into it
with his pit bull - in his yard ! He heard the ruckus and checked ,
probably saved the dog's life .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Somewhere I read that wolves are far more cautious than dogs
as dogs rely on humans to take care of them. But ...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2018 04:57 PM, T wrote:
The coyotes here eat dogs and cats. With dogs, one will taunt
a dog to get it to chase chase him, then the pack ambush the
dog. Tiny, aggressive, yap dogs are especially on the menu.

Go coyotes!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The coyote howled last night as did the dog bark.

They went on seemingly for the entire evening.

They don't seem to tire of it.

My question?

Do they like each other?
Or do they hate each other?

Lots of Coyotes on my old farm in Tennessee. At the time I had a
German Shepherd and an Australian Shepherd. When the coyotes started a
serenade, both my dogs would start howling. The coyotes would shut up
and not be heard again for a few days.

Wish I knew what my dogs were saying to them

-dan z-

Probably something along the lines of "Keep howlin' MoFo , makes it
easier to find you and tear you to shreds .

Or, where you at, sweet cheeks?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coydog

Back in the '50s what was then the NYS Conservation Department was big
on coydogs. It was like pulling teeth to get them to admit there were
coyotes in New York State.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/18 7:29 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 10/23/2018 04:57 PM, T wrote:
The coyotes here eat dogs and cats.Â* With dogs, one will taunt
a dog to get it to chase chase him, then the pack ambush the
dog.Â* Tiny, aggressive, yap dogs are especially on the menu.

Go coyotes!

The ones that eat cats should be given medals!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/18 7:35 PM, rbowman wrote:

Back in the '50s what was then the NYS Conservation Department was big
on coydogs. It was like pulling teeth to get them to admit there were
coyotes in New York State.

Coyotes are the ultimate adapters. When we colonize mars,
I bet we find coyotes. We should bring some cats with us so the
coyotes have something to eat. They might not forgive us.

:-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2018 04:57 PM, T wrote:
The coyotes here eat dogs and cats.Â* With dogs, one will taunt
a dog to get it to chase chase him, then the pack ambush the
dog.Â* Tiny, aggressive, yap dogs are especially on the menu.

Go coyotes!

The ones that eat cats should be given medals!

I'm not a cat person and I see a couple around my house once in a while.
They never bother me and in37 years living next to the woods, never
had a rodent in the house or garage.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2018 04:57 PM, T wrote:
The coyotes here eat dogs and cats. With dogs, one will taunt
a dog to get it to chase chase him, then the pack ambush the
dog. Tiny, aggressive, yap dogs are especially on the menu.

Go coyotes!

The ones that eat cats should be given medals!

I like cats, cat sized dogs not so much. This is a very outdoorsy and
dog oriented area so I meet a lot of people on the trails that are
accompanied by dogs of all shape and sizes. It's always the little mutts
that mouth off. If dogs could talk I think their black lab traveling
companions would say "Keep scratching my ears and don't mind stupid.
I've got to live with the damn thing."

I did have a friend that had a Papillon and that little mutt could put
some serious miles on. He'd scamper along on crusted snow wondering why
the humans were going so slow. He was the exception.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2018 04:57 PM, T wrote:
The coyotes here eat dogs and cats.Â* With dogs, one will taunt
a dog to get it to chase chase him, then the pack ambush the
dog.Â* Tiny, aggressive, yap dogs are especially on the menu.

Go coyotes!

The ones that eat cats should be given medals!

I like cats, cat sized dogs not so much. This is a very outdoorsy and
dog oriented area so I meet a lot of people on the trails that are
accompanied by dogs of all shape and sizes. It's always the little mutts
that mouth off. If dogs could talk I think their black lab traveling
companions would say "Keep scratching my ears and don't mind stupid.
I've got to live with the damn thing."

I did have a friend that had a Papillon and that little mutt could put
some serious miles on. He'd scamper along on crusted snow wondering why
the humans were going so slow. He was the exception.

To me cats mean two things: 1) s*** on my lawn and 2) my wife's
lips turning blue gasping in terror trying to breath. Needless
to say, if one comes around, I do my best to scare the s*** out
of it to keep it off my property. I also spray cayenne pepper
when fear does not work.

I like to crouch down and stare at them. When they look away,
sneak a bit closer. Freeze when they look back. Always staring at
them. A few time of this and I have never seen an animal freakout
like that and never come back.

Tofu: odorless, tasteless, gelatinous ooze that sits in your
stomach and rots giving you gas is God's punishment to humans for
domesticating cats.

Ya, it is the cat sized dogs that mouth off a lot. Gets them
eaten by the coyotes a lot. Big dogs are just sweet loving things.

It is a dog's life: eat, sleep, play. Love dogs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 10:52:29 -0700, T wrote:

To me cats mean two things: 1) s*** on my lawn and 2) my wife's
lips turning blue gasping in terror trying to breath.

She'll probably die. The best treatment for allergy is keeping
cats around. IGG produced neutralizes the allergen before it can act.
And keeps your IGE and mastocyte levels low.
Like beekeepers sometimes die by a single sting when they
retire. The constant contact saved them before.

As to the first item, I'd be more worried about the s***
running (?) the country than fertilizer on you lawn.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/25/18 2:09 PM, Shadow wrote:
She'll probably die. The best treatment for allergy is keeping
cats around.

A 12 gauge works better.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/25/18 2:09 PM, Shadow wrote:
She'll probably die. The best treatment for allergy is keeping
cats around. IGG produced neutralizes the allergen before it can act.
And keeps your IGE and mastocyte levels low.
Like beekeepers sometimes die by a single sting when they
retire. The constant contact saved them before.

When technical writing, always spell out something before using
an abbreviation (IGG and IGE).

Do you know of a way to reprogram Memory B Cells not to react?
If so, you can be a very wealth man!

Her sister has the same allergy, although not as severe. She loves
her cats. And, she suffers and suffers and suffers. It NEVER
goes away, but is slowly getting worse. So, I do not think
the bee keeper thing applies here.

Avoidance does apply. A cat takes one look at the hatred in my
eyes and that is usually all it takes for them to never show
their faces again. If not, out with the cayenne pepper and
the fake stocking.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/25/18 2:09 PM, Shadow wrote:
As to the first item, I'd be more worried about the s***
running (?) the country than fertilizer on you lawn.

Shadow!

Our country is doing better than if has in decades!

Of course, a communist would not see it that way. If
you need a translation service, the louder the Left
screams, then better we are doing.

-T

Coyote rollers Jim in TX Home Repair 2 January 15th 18 01:12 AM
Wile E. Coyote Bog Chair Sonny Woodworking 11 March 3rd 17 05:59 PM
Coyote repellant. Tom Gardner[_29_] Metalworking 7 December 15th 15 11:15 PM
Dadonator versus Forrest versus Freud -- comparisons Never Enough Money Woodworking 7 July 21st 05 06:45 PM
Heat pump versus oil versus propane in southern NH Gerome Home Ownership 3 October 7th 03 05:26 PM