Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Coyote versus dog

On 10/23/2018 5:57 PM, T wrote:
On 10/23/18 2:10 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 10/23/2018 8:20 AM, slate_leeper wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 09:10:12 -0400, K120
wrote:

The coyote howled last night as did the dog bark.

They went on seemingly for the entire evening.

They don't seem to tire of it.

My question?

Do they like each other?
Or do they hate each other?

Lots of Coyotes on my old farm in Tennessee. At the time I had a
German Shepherd and an Australian Shepherd. When the coyotes started a
serenade, both my dogs would start howling. The coyotes would shut up
and not be heard again for a few days.

Wish I knew what my dogs were saying to them

-dan z-

Â*Â* Probably something along the lines of "Keep howlin' MoFo , makes
it easier to find you and tear you to shreds .

The coyotes here eat dogs and cats.Â* With dogs, one will taunt
a dog to get it to chase chase him, then the pack ambush the
dog.Â* Tiny, aggressive, yap dogs are especially on the menu.

Those neighbors who think it is acceptable for them to send
their cats to crap on every one else's lawns lose a lot of
cats.Â* The coyotes do a nice civil service that way.Â* Saves
the rest of us a lot of ammo.Â* I don't defecate on your lawn,
don't send your animals to defecate on mine.

Â* Max is confined , whether on a lead or in the house ... he's just
stupid-brave enough to take them on . A neighbor had some get into it
with his pit bull - in his yard ! He heard the ruckus and checked ,
probably saved the dog's life .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old