Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Coyote repellant.

My nephew just bought a house in a fairly rural suburb. His property
has a cemetery on one side and wooded property an two sides. He's
worried about all the coyotes he hears and sees around, he has two dogs,
one small and two little girls. He asked me if a good pellet gun would
discourage them from around his property. I suggested a wrist rocket if
the city didn't allow pellet guns. Might there be a chemical repellant
available? Or, some better way to handle this? How about ****ing on
the property lines?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 21:42:52 -0500, Tom Gardner wrote:

My nephew just bought a house in a fairly rural suburb. His property
has a cemetery on one side and wooded property an two sides. He's
worried about all the coyotes he hears and sees around, he has two dogs,
one small and two little girls. He asked me if a good pellet gun would
discourage them from around his property. I suggested a wrist rocket if
the city didn't allow pellet guns. Might there be a chemical repellant
available? Or, some better way to handle this? How about ****ing on
the property lines?

Peeing on the property lines just says "I was here", not "I'm rougher &
tougher than you".

Dunno the right answer, although I suspect a fence around the back yard
would slow them down considerably, as well as keeping dogs & children out
of what they think of as their territory.

Why not a real gun? Is there anywhere that a coyote is considered
protected?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:
My nephew just bought a house in a fairly rural suburb. His property
has a cemetery on one side and wooded property an two sides. He's
worried about all the coyotes he hears and sees around, he has two dogs,
one small and two little girls. He asked me if a good pellet gun would
discourage them from around his property. I suggested a wrist rocket if
the city didn't allow pellet guns. Might there be a chemical repellant
available? Or, some better way to handle this? How about ****ing on
the property lines?

Best chemical repellent for 'yotes contains lead!!!

We have a lot of Eastern Coyotes around here. (They are a crossbreed of
the Coyote and the Canadian gray wolf). These are far more likely to
kill dogs/kids that their smaller cousins. I have seen them in the yard
at night and they don't retreat easily.

As for chemical repellents, most folks who have tried them around here
say they only work for a week or so, then the 'yotes are used to them
and come on in.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/13/2015 8:42 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
My nephew just bought a house in a fairly rural suburb. His property
has a cemetery on one side and wooded property an two sides. He's
worried about all the coyotes he hears and sees around, he has two dogs,
one small and two little girls. He asked me if a good pellet gun would
discourage them from around his property. I suggested a wrist rocket if
the city didn't allow pellet guns. Might there be a chemical repellant
available? Or, some better way to handle this? How about ****ing on
the property lines?

If you have a large zoo near you, see if you can get some big cat scat
to put around the boundaries of your land.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/13/2015 10:09 PM, Steve W. wrote:
Tom Gardner wrote:
[...]

I did suggest a scoped, suppressed 10/22. Could charge participants!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

My nephew just bought a house in a fairly rural suburb. His property
has a cemetery on one side and wooded property an two sides. He's
worried about all the coyotes he hears and sees around, he has two dogs,
one small and two little girls. He asked me if a good pellet gun would
discourage them from around his property. I suggested a wrist rocket if
the city didn't allow pellet guns. Might there be a chemical repellant
available? Or, some better way to handle this? How about ****ing on
the property lines?

Exactly, with Sabretooth urine. http://tinyurl.com/jqqmgox
http://tinyurl.com/nz5udby or http://tinyurl.com/otqw7uh

I've seen these but don't know if anyone has had success with them.
http://tinyurl.com/z389yxu

--
Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act,
the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sunday, December 13, 2015 at 6:42:55 PM UTC-8, Tom Gardner wrote:
My nephew just bought a house in a fairly rural suburb. His property
has a cemetery on one side and wooded property an two sides. He's
worried about all the coyotes he hears and sees around, he has two dogs,
one small and two little girls. He asked me if a good pellet gun would
discourage them from around his property. I suggested a wrist rocket if
the city didn't allow pellet guns. Might there be a chemical repellant
available? Or, some better way to handle this? How about ****ing on
the property lines?

Four foot wire fence works for my neighbors chickens. Only works when the chickens say in side the fence:-). We see then a couple times a week.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message ...
My nephew just bought a house in a fairly rural suburb. His property has a cemetery on one side
and wooded property an two sides. He's worried about all the coyotes he hears and sees around, he
has two dogs, one small and two little girls. He asked me if a good pellet gun would discourage
them from around his property. I suggested a wrist rocket if the city didn't allow pellet guns.
Might there be a chemical repellant available? Or, some better way to handle this? How about
****ing on the property lines?

You didn't say what city.
Experience has shown that a 22 short round in a bolt action rifle is almost silent and chases
coyotes and javelinas quite effectively. Shoot thru an open window with a small hole cut in the
screen for the muzzle and who will see you? Not the neighbors and certainly not the target(s). A
second story window is better as there is virtually no worry of overshoot, ricochet, or a stray
bullet leaving your property. BTDT.
Art

Pigeon repellant? WER Home Repair 33 October 12th 10 02:28 AM
copperhead repellant? RobertM Home Repair 37 March 14th 06 01:35 PM
Ultrasonic cat repellant?? Ken Moiarty Home Ownership 7 December 17th 05 07:45 PM
OT, Possum repellant? nospambob Home Repair 20 July 29th 05 12:14 AM
squirrel repellant oreo123 Home Repair 19 May 8th 05 01:38 AM