Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Artemus[_4_] Artemus[_4_] is offline

Default Coyote repellant.

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message ...
My nephew just bought a house in a fairly rural suburb. His property has a cemetery on one side
and wooded property an two sides. He's worried about all the coyotes he hears and sees around, he
has two dogs, one small and two little girls. He asked me if a good pellet gun would discourage
them from around his property. I suggested a wrist rocket if the city didn't allow pellet guns.
Might there be a chemical repellant available? Or, some better way to handle this? How about
****ing on the property lines?

You didn't say what city.
Experience has shown that a 22 short round in a bolt action rifle is almost silent and chases
coyotes and javelinas quite effectively. Shoot thru an open window with a small hole cut in the
screen for the muzzle and who will see you? Not the neighbors and certainly not the target(s). A
second story window is better as there is virtually no worry of overshoot, ricochet, or a stray
bullet leaving your property. BTDT.
Art