Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigerator question

Â* Does anyone still make one with analog controls ? Digital is great
sometimes , but in some cases IMO analog controls are more trouble-free
and cheaper to repair if they do break .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 21:31:08 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

* Does anyone still make one with analog controls ? Digital is great
sometimes , but in some cases IMO analog controls are more trouble-free
and cheaper to repair if they do break .

Just look for the cheapest brand - then filter on that brands
lowest model ..

https://www.taappliance.com/en/catal...ana-ART316TFDW

That's if you really want no electronics .. badly enough.

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/13/2018 10:31 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* Does anyone still make one with analog controls ? Digital is great sometimes , but in some cases IMO analog controls are more trouble-free and cheaper to repair if they do break .

A neighbor had a refrigerator with digital controls and it would occasionally stop cooling for no apparent reason.Â* He said he had to unplug it for 30 seconds or so, plug it back in and then hit a Start button on the display.Â* Only a bonehead engineer
would design a refrigerator that needs to be rebooted periodically.

So yah, if you want your food to stay cold, buy one with analog controls.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Â* Does anyone still make one with analog controls ? Digital is great
sometimes , but in some cases IMO analog controls are more trouble-free
and cheaper to repair if they do break .

Just look for the cheapest brand - then filter on that brands
lowest model ..

https://www.taappliance.com/en/catal...ana-ART316TFDW

That's if you really want no electronics .. badly enough.

John T.

Â* After a chat with the owner/service/delivery guy at the local
Hometown Sears store I've diagnosed the problem . Main control boards
don't like to be wet ... The ice maker water feed hose came loose , it's
right above the main board compartment . Board and compartment were very
very wet , so after I dried everything out and it still didn't work I
ordered a new board .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/14/2018 8:32 AM, valued customer wrote:
On 9/13/2018 10:31 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* Does anyone still make one with analog controls ? Digital is great
sometimes , but in some cases IMO analog controls are more
trouble-free and cheaper to repair if they do break .

A neighbor had a refrigerator with digital controls and it would
occasionally stop cooling for no apparent reason.Â* He said he had to
unplug it for 30 seconds or so, plug it back in and then hit a Start
button on the display.Â* Only a bonehead engineer would design a
refrigerator that needs to be rebooted periodically.

So yah, if you want your food to stay cold, buy one with analog controls.

Â* This was caused by the water supply to the ice maker coming loose ,
wet the control board . I don't think it's a very common failure . New
board has already been shipped ... BTW , this unit was bought used I
think about 4 years ago , and has been rock steady the whole time . If
we'd had problems before I'd probably be plunking down nearly a grand
for a new unit . Oh , there has been one problem , and it's probably the
same type of problem . A few months ago the water in the door unit
started leaking at the back/bottom of the fridge . I'm betting there's a
loose tube there too , as it's right at the solenoid valve . I opted to
purchase a new control board for under a C-note (delivered) instead of
buying a new fridge .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 14:15:31 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

The other day the local UPS got a new truck. The driver has many
deliveries on dirt roads. In the past he would take a water hose and
wash out the truck at the end of the day.

He filled the new one with gas and washed it out.

I can see washing off the *outside* of the truck. Are you saying he
washed out the inside of a brand new truck? Unless he's delivering
live pigs or something, what kind of moron does that?

He had made some deliveries with that truck on the dirt roads. I think
that was the first day the truck was used and the inside was dirty from
the dust and dirt from his feet. This is the UPS delivery type of truck
and not a regular pickup type.

He is still an idiot for using the hose inside.

Have you ever been in a UPS truck? They look like they were made to be
hosed out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

+1 And I don't know why the elec. boards were under the floor.
Should have been in the dashboard. If under the floor, should have been
protected from water that spashed up from the ground

My friend had a BMW with a major electronic part, big as two thick decks
of cards side by side, in the dash but accessible from a plate in the
upper left corner of the firewall, when seen from the engine
compartment. Not uncommon for water to get in, from the windshield
area, and short out the box, which cost iirc 100 used, 600 new. I
replaced it once, still wouldn't work. She bought a new car.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
news
Does anyone still make one with analog controls ? Digital is great
sometimes , but in some cases IMO analog controls are more trouble-free
and cheaper to repair if they do break .

My Frigidaire is 100% analog unless you consider the On/Off switch to be a
binary device.