cat rancher

Default another refrigerator question

I'm thinking about keeping the old refrigerator.
That would mean replacing the tubing from the
sink to the frig, which I not up for ... or plugging
the tubes and putting ice into the icemaker
manually ...

Is there a cutoff or a plug for the quarter inch
tubing? I think the tubing is stiff from age but it's
been there about 6 years, too soon for oxidation,
if that's what you call it?

James

Not sure if this is what you mean, but you can go to Home Depot or Lowe's
and get a cheap kit, with proper tubing, fittings , etc to replace the water
tubing. It is called an icemaker tubing kit or something like that.

I was able to do it, thus I know you could......... hee heeehee hee..

Good luck.

--James--

Edwin Pawlowski

"cat rancher" wrote in message

Is there a cutoff or a plug for the quarter inch
tubing? I think the tubing is stiff from age but it's
been there about 6 years, too soon for oxidation,
if that's what you call it?

You mean plugging the tube at the original feed? Is there a saddle valve at
the main line? If so, just shut it off. Is the tubing copper or plastic?
If copper you can pinch the end and solder it closed. If it is plastic, I'd
not trust anything long term.

Or did you mean plugging the tubing on the fridge? If so, it is not
necessary to plug it as the water valve will keep it sealed.