Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Refrigerator question

On Friday, September 14, 2018 at 1:40:07 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...

Â* After a chat with the owner/service/delivery guy at the local
Hometown Sears store I've diagnosed the problem . Main control boards
don't like to be wet ... The ice maker water feed hose came loose , it's
right above the main board compartment . Board and compartment were very
very wet , so after I dried everything out and it still didn't work I
ordered a new board .

Most electronics don't like to get wet.

The other day the local UPS got a new truck. The driver has many
deliveries on dirt roads. In the past he would take a water hose and
wash out the truck at the end of the day.

He filled the new one with gas and washed it out.

I can see washing off the *outside* of the truck. Are you saying he
washed out the inside of a brand new truck? Unless he's delivering
live pigs or something, what kind of moron does that?

Then could not shut
it off. They had to call the factory and were told where to remove a
wire or fuse to disable the fuel pump to stop the engine.

Then the service man had to replace a few components and boards to get
it running again after it dried out.