Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigerator question

On 9/14/2018 8:32 AM, valued customer wrote:
On 9/13/2018 10:31 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* Does anyone still make one with analog controls ? Digital is great
sometimes , but in some cases IMO analog controls are more
trouble-free and cheaper to repair if they do break .

A neighbor had a refrigerator with digital controls and it would
occasionally stop cooling for no apparent reason.Â* He said he had to
unplug it for 30 seconds or so, plug it back in and then hit a Start
button on the display.Â* Only a bonehead engineer would design a
refrigerator that needs to be rebooted periodically.

So yah, if you want your food to stay cold, buy one with analog controls.

Â* This was caused by the water supply to the ice maker coming loose ,
wet the control board . I don't think it's a very common failure . New
board has already been shipped ... BTW , this unit was bought used I
think about 4 years ago , and has been rock steady the whole time . If
we'd had problems before I'd probably be plunking down nearly a grand
for a new unit . Oh , there has been one problem , and it's probably the
same type of problem . A few months ago the water in the door unit
started leaking at the back/bottom of the fridge . I'm betting there's a
loose tube there too , as it's right at the solenoid valve . I opted to
purchase a new control board for under a C-note (delivered) instead of
buying a new fridge .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old