Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ticks

On 21/08/2018 02:54, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Monday, August 20, 2018 at 12:12:19 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
On 20/08/2018 06:08, Rod Speed wrote:
Bod wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Bod wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Bod wrote
Rod Speed wrote
T wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Yep. Spiders and snakes don't run/slither up and bite you.

Here in our Deep south, we have a very tiny spider called
a chigger.Ā* It will crawl up your pant leg and bit you on
the leg or higher.Ā* It leaves a nasty welt that itches like
hell. You learn very quickly that you do not walk on the grass!

That would be a pain in the arse. I walk around with bare feet
in summer. Even today, you still see a few with bare feet walking
around the CBD of Brisbane and Darwin, no thongs or shoes.

We dont have any spiders like that. Ours lurk under stuff
or in holes they dig in the dirt with some of them.

We do have leeches that will latch onto you and ticks
that latch onto animals like dogs etc.

Australia has 70 different species of ticks, sixteen of which
feed on humans as well.

Sure, but those are rarely seen by humans.
And they dont kill you. They can kill dogs.

Nasty dangerous little creatures.

Nope, just a nuisance for humans.

Ticks can cause a very serious illness. One being Lyme disease,

We dont have that here.

but they can transmit several other diseases.

Not here they dont.

https://www.medicinenet.com/lyme_disease/article.htm

Maybe not Lyme disease,

No maybe about it.

but you're a fool to treat a tick bite in Australia as simply a nuisance.

We'll see...

The East coast of Oz has the tick species that can cause paralysis. It
can cause death and has done in Oz.

Only in infants and before modern medicine.
It doesnt anymore, even in infants.

Ixodes holocyclus - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ixodes_holocyclus

Ixodes holocyclus, commonly known as the Australian paralysis tick, is
one of about 75 species of Australian tick fauna and is considered the
most medically important. It can cause paralysis by injecting
neurotoxins into its host. It is usually found in a 20-kilometre wide
band following the eastern coastline of Australia.

Only a problem for dogs etc now.

Have it your way, Rod. You always want to have the last word, even

when you're wrong.

Here is a *2018* report:

Tick Paralysis: Solving an Enigma - NCBI - NIH

by R Pienaar - €ˇ2018 - €ˇRelated articles
Published online 2018 May 14. doi: 10.3390/vetsci5020053 .... It is
generally accepted that tick paralysis is caused by neurotoxins produced
in the ..... Ixodes rubicundus can paralyze sheep, goats, antelope,
cattle, dogs, and *humans* [39]. ..... Graham G.C. Tick paralysis in
Australia caused by Ixodes holocyclus Neumann.
--
Bod

I wish everyone would edit the subject line started by Penis Peeler. snicker ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Wiener Monster

Then why didn't you do it?

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, August 20, 2018 at 10:23:37 PM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
[...]

You mean that you didn't notice my edit? Penis Peeler has a few screws loose. ^_^

" Formerly Troll-feeding Senile Yanktietard Alert! From Penis Peeler"

[8~{} Uncle Edit Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 21/08/2018 07:30, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

I think ALL of his screws are loose. He's one of the few that I KF.

Burfart is another one, he's also round the bend.

--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 1:44:26 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
[...]

Burford is a bit irritating but he's not mean and nasty to people. At least I haven't noticed. Someone must really try hard to get me to block or killfile them. I have my newsreader Thunderbird loaded but the dang text is too small. I tried tinkering with the view settings but have had no luck so far. I suppose I'm a bit too lazy to research it but I'll get it going since it's what I had running before on the other workstation. I can automatically block the creeps with the Bird instead of individually blocking their posts with Gargle Grumps. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Thunder Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 21/08/2018 08:26, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

If you use a mouse, you can hold down the ctrl key and scroll the

text larger or smaller.

--
Bod

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile Yankietard Alert

On Mon, 20 Aug 2018 23:30:17 -0700 (PDT), Auntie Senile Moron drooled and
driveled, again:

You mean that you didn't notice my edit? Penis Peeler has a few screws loose. ^_^

" Formerly Troll-feeding Senile Yanktietard Alert! From Penis Peeler"

What is it with you and your need to cling to every single anti-American
troll, you endlessly driveling, senile Yankietard? Just HOW lonely and
senile are you? You are an embarrassment to all real Yanks! tsk

[8~{} Auntie Idjit Moron

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 00:26:23 -0700 (PDT), Auntie Senile Moron drooled and
driveled, again:

Burford is a bit irritating but he's not mean and nasty to people. At
least I haven't noticed. Someone must really try hard to get me to block
or killfile them. I have my newsreader Thunderbird loaded but the dang
text is too small. I tried tinkering with the view settings but have had
no luck so far. I suppose I'm a bit too lazy to research it but I'll get
it going since it's what I had running before on the other workstation. I
can automatically block the creeps with the Bird instead of individually
blocking their posts with Gargle Grumps. ^_^

In other words, you are REALLY too dumb to use a newsreader or killfile
anyone! But no surprise at all! LOL

[8~{} Auntie Thumped Moron

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 21, 2018 at 2:33:14 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
[...]

That was the first thing I tried and it didn't work for some reason. I'll keep trying since Usenet is my main source of entertainment. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Resourceful Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 02:38:58 -0700 (PDT), Auntie Senile Moron drooled and
driveled, again:

text larger or smaller.
--
Bod

That was the first thing I tried and it didn't work for some reason. I'll
keep trying since Usenet is my main source of entertainment. ^_^

snicker

[8~{} Auntie Retarded Moron